GROWant Smart 800Watt Osram LED Grow Light

Will the G5 HiPAR g400 give similar performance to 400w HID? That'd be crazy to eliminate the need for 2 lights by using 1 with similar draw power.

In my opinion you need more watts to cover a 3x3. To put this into perspective, I'm using 2 of the G5 Pro models that pull 285 watts each and I'm covering a 4x4. If you really want to cover a 3x3 you will need closer to 250-300 watts from the wall. I've found with LED's that it takes about 60-70% of what it would take with HID lighting. But 135 watts will not flower out a 3x3 and produce very well. You really need 500-600 PAR all around the grow space , not just centered. These lights with the programmable spectrums and times was my motivation for purchase, I'm going to add in a solar system 1100 LED in the center with 0-800 watts adjustable and put these 2 G5 800 pros on the sides and use them for the sunrise/sunset function , I want the far red NIR at lights out for faster flowering. I am also adding in a 24w UVB fixture controlled by the solar system controller for added THC PRODUCTION.

In my opinion you need more watts to cover a 3x3. To put this into perspective, I'm using 2 of the G5 Pro models that pull 285 watts each and I'm covering a 4x4. If you really want to cover a 3x3 you will need closer to 250-300 watts from the wall. I've found with LED's that it takes about 60-70% of what it would take with HID lighting. But 135 watts will not flower out a 3x3 and produce very well. You really need 500-600 PAR all around the grow space , not just centered. These lights with the programmable spectrums and times was my motivation for purchase, I'm going to add in a solar system 1100 LED in the center with 0-800 watts adjustable and put these 2 G5 800 pros on the sides and use them for the sunrise/sunset function , I want the far red NIR at lights out for faster flowering. I am also adding in a 24w UVB fixture controlled by the solar system controller for added THC PRODUCTION.

Hmm so I'd be better off exploring other options? I guess I'm gonna inquire about either spectrum king or HLG Quantum Boards..

Hmm so I'd be better off exploring other options? I guess I'm gonna inquire about either spectrum king or HLG Quantum Boards..

Definitely checkout all your options. Find what you think is going to work best for you and your environment.

Here is what I'm working on :)

IMG_311814.JPG
IMG_311616.JPG
IMG_311718.JPG

I'm currently running 2 Mars Hydro LED's supplemented by a 250w HPS, I'd really like a light with greater intensity because in my opinion, I shouldn't have to supplement with a 250w HPS to get the production I'm getting
DSC_027226.JPG
DSC_027319.JPG
Like I said in earlier posts, I can totally understand the UV/IR(Emerson Effect). I understand that GROWant is a sponsor of 420magazine, but my main goal is just to insure that my fellow growers aren't being taken advantage of. I'm a hobbyist grower running a 2x2 setup, I don't exactly have the space for anything larger which is why I was curious about the Smart 400 Panel.

I'll follow along MaxPar's grow for now. I'd be interested in testing the smaller LED's you guys produce, I wouldn't feel comfortable accepting your premium series panels without paying.
Don't turn down a chance to test some really fascinating technology you can have a lot of fun with one of those fancy lights

Don't turn down a chance to test some really fascinating technology you can have a lot of fun with one of those fancy lights

I'm sure it would be a lot of fun. I'm currently giving a clone a 10 week veg in 10gal smart pot. When it's time to flip, I'll review my options but I'm still leaning towards a 600w HPS.

I'm late but I brought cheesy proofs..
I am also seriously considering getting some of these lights.. To be honest I'm stuck between 2 of our sponsors. Lol I'm all subbed up and looking forward to this!

I'm having huge problems as well choosing which company to illuminate my next room. It's so difficult. The brand I use. Well. Let's just say I am very very pleased.

But if i growant can do the same thing using less electricity the choice is quite obvious. It's just I've learned to be sceptic to fantastic claims. So I am very much hoping that this is for real. Of all my heart i desire to believe in this company and their claims. It would be so cool

Following so many Growant journals now. Impressed with their rep here on 420. Loads of knowledge. It's clear these guys know what they're talking about.

So let's all hope the lights will impress the shit out of us because it's a win/win for everyone

I was on vacation for a matter little but Im back to view... That scrog setup with them kind of lights man are on point... I've been studying in the cree cobs and are gonna try to invest in some of those.. The growant is such a wonderful light its just my pocket could take the hit right now... I have 2 300w growstar with cree's integrated into them... I am currently finishing a grow in my first 4ft by 2ft tent but just got my 4ft by 4ft tent in... Im gonna need way more light as I am trying to vegs to the max like you max and also continue to do the scrog... Check it out... Wish I had those Growant as the programmable feature is out of this world...

420-magazine-mobile196413641.jpg

420-magazine-mobile877560308.jpg

420-magazine-mobile347858.jpg

420-magazine-mobile419396840.jpg
420-magazine-mobile423936644.jpg

Just got a bigger tent 4ft by 4ft with more height to max veg for bigger yield..

MaxPar, any news with the growant light? My girl is going into flowering now, decisions to be made.

Back
Top Bottom