Growing medicine in the UK

Paul Squiggle

Howdy do all.

I feel like a criminal.
I am a criminal in the UK, as I grow a natural pain killer and muscle relaxant for my wife.
The doctors prescribed her with opiate based pain killers , tramadol, tramacet, codeine phosphate also amitriptyline. Then she was on anti depressants due to the opiate use.
Since we've been making our own medicine, she can now go months without taking any of the prescription medicine. She is now in to month two of no pharma drugs.

She likes to take a break from the home grown medicine once and a while, as she doesn't want to build up a tolerance to it, like she did with the prescription drugs.
When she does take that break, the prescription drugs are more effective and she needs less of them compared to what she used to use..

Why should I feel like I am committing a crime? I am not harming anyone
Who else is feeling or is experiencing theses same problems.
@VetSmoke85 @Ally p

Squiggle

Sucks you wife has those issues in the first place but I love to hear how cannabis is helping people like your wife. If I could I would have a much bigger grow and just give it to people that need it. Sick of governments letting people suffer when they don't need to. The 'war on drugs' has proven to be a massive failure and it's about time they changed things for the better. All that money wasted that could go into research, education and rehabilitation centres for other drugs. Think it was Switzerland that did that and it worked amazingly. I'll pull up a video on it. Also the fact that the UK is the world's largest exporter of medical cannabis boils my piss. But they have their grubby fingers in that pie so it's okay for them to do that. There's no such thing as civil service anymore. All in it for themselves.

You're not a criminal. You're a gardener growing natural medicine for your loved ones.

A known treatment for opioid addiction. Your wife is an opioid addict. So am I and how I got started growing. To save my own life.

It worked. I dont take opioids any more can manage my pain and still function.

Best of all I'm opioid free it's been 6 years last time I had any. I feel WAY WAY better and more importanly I'm ALIVE.

Sucks you wife has those issues in the first place but I love to hear how cannabis is helping people like your wife. If I could I would have a much bigger grow and just give it to people that need it. Sick of governments letting people suffer when they don't need to. The 'war on drugs' has proven to be a massive failure and it's about time they changed things for the better. All that money wasted that could go into research, education and rehabilitation centres for other drugs. Think it was Switzerland that did that and it worked amazingly. I'll pull up a video on it. Also the fact that the UK is the world's largest exporter of medical cannabis boils my piss. But they have their grubby fingers in that pie so it's okay for them to do that. There's no such thing as civil service anymore. All in it for themselves.
I would do the same. Grow and give it away for free. How much money would it take away from the black market dealers. As thats where I used to have to purchase it from. Again, illegal. Some great points raised about the waisted money and resources.
I've been reading about our own home grown medical cannabis company. The government are happy taking the tax money from it.
I will check out that video , I may be a few days as I always end up going down the yooootooob rabbit hole :p

You're not a criminal. You're a gardener growing natural medicine for your loved ones.

A known treatment for opioid addiction. Your wife is an opioid addict. So am I and how I got started growing. To save my own life.

It worked. I dont take opioids any more can manage my pain and still function.

Best of all I'm opioid free it's been 6 years last time I had any. I feel WAY WAY better and more importanly I'm ALIVE.
That is an amazing success story. Like you said home grown medicine, it has saved your life and gave you a new life.
I can see that with my wife, you are correct , she was addicted. If she ever ran out of her prescription, she would get withdrawal symptoms a fever and a cough.
There is no withdrawal with cannabis, she doesn't have side effects from it.
But the doctors still kept signing those prescriptions, knowing that she was addicted to them.
Thanks for joining in. Really happy to see another life changed for the good by nature

Ya not hurting no one man

Glad the herb helps,

Keep on keeping on brother :cool:
Thanks,
I know I'm not , but i still get nervous when I see blue lights flashing in the street. We got raided a few years ago. For 2 plants. It was our fault as we didn't control the smell .. luckily they were great about it and fully understood why we were growing it. But they said the law is the law .
It still didn't stop them ransacking the house and going through every draw.
It was embarrassing.
Thanks again for the support

I would do the same. Grow and give it away for free. How much money would it take away from the black market dealers. As thats where I used to have to purchase it from. Again, illegal. Some great points raised about the waisted money and resources.
I've been reading about our own home grown medical cannabis company. The government are happy taking the tax money from it.
I will check out that video , I may be a few days as I always end up going down the yooootooob rabbit hole :p
I’m sure I read somewhere Theresa Greens husband has a massive stake holding in a medicinal weed company... funny how it works eh...

Howdy do all.

I feel like a criminal.
I am a criminal in the UK, as I grow a natural pain killer and muscle relaxant for my wife.
The doctors prescribed her with opiate based pain killers , tramadol, tramacet, codeine phosphate also amitriptyline. Then she was on anti depressants due to the opiate use.
Since we've been making our own medicine, she can now go months without taking any of the prescription medicine. She is now in to month two of no pharma drugs.

She likes to take a break from the home grown medicine once and a while, as she doesn't want to build up a tolerance to it, like she did with the prescription drugs.
When she does take that break, the prescription drugs are more effective and she needs less of them compared to what she used to use..

Why should I feel like I am committing a crime? I am not harming anyone
Who else is feeling or is experiencing theses same problems.
@VetSmoke85 @Ally p

Squiggle
Hiya @Squiggle
It's terrible living in UK I'm defo not living here when I retire.
Get away from this awful law that were criminals for growing plants :(

I’m sure I read somewhere Theresa Greens husband has a massive stake holding in a medicinal weed company... funny how it works eh...
I wasnt aware of that until the other day. @Patient Puffer pointed that out to me. Our ex prime ministers husband has a huge investment in a British cannabis Company. She says she is not involved in his business deals.
Yeah right .
As PP said "it's hypocrisy"
It is extremely funny how it works. When money is involved , morals go out of the window

Hiya @Squiggle
It's terrible living in UK I'm defo not living here when I retire.
Get away from this awful law that were criminals for growing plants :(
Hopefully something will change soon and you wont have to uproot and transplant yourself into a new medium when you retire.:laugh:
I have heard Canada is nice though :thumb:
But seriously, there are a lot of campaigns for legalization going on in the UK at the moment, for medical and recreational use. We can get medical cannabis here, right now. But it is an immensely convoluted process.
I wish I had the intellectual skills to actually run my own campaign and take it to my local MP. But I'm as thick as custard and i have not got a clue where to begin :rofl:

Yeah British Sugar have a massive farm in East Anglia. Things are changing but way too slowly. It's all to do with money.

Here's another awesome video. This will really send you down the rabbit hole :rofl:

Yeah British Sugar have a massive farm in East Anglia. Things are changing but way too slowly. It's all to do with money.

Here's another awesome video. This will really send you down the rabbit hole :rofl:

I've just dug myself out of the last rabbit hole you sent me down :rofl: ive subscribed to that kurzgeagt and watched about 10 of their videos up to now. Thanks mate. Now your throwing me down another tunnel :laugh:
Isn't everything about money these day though
I will watch that video. See you in a few hours

Hopefully something will change soon and you wont have to uproot and transplant yourself into a new medium when you retire.:laugh:
I have heard Canada is nice though :thumb:
But seriously, there are a lot of campaigns for legalization going on in the UK at the moment, for medical and recreational use. We can get medical cannabis here, right now. But it is an immensely convoluted process.
I wish I had the intellectual skills to actually run my own campaign and take it to my local MP. But I'm as thick as custard and i have not got a clue where to begin :rofl:
Av got premises @sqiggles had my own hairdressing salon now for 34yrs :0
I'm actually thinking and looking into changing to hydroponic shop or something along lines ??
I will need to look into alot stuff bout legalisation n I'm in Scotland so different laws !!
Im being a big of a bad woman growing my own the now in my bedroom pmsl sssht !! Never broke law so rather exciting and alit folk out there doing alot worse get them lol !!
;)

I wasnt aware of that until the other day. @Patient Puffer pointed that out to me. Our ex prime ministers husband has a huge investment in a British cannabis Company. She says she is not involved in his business deals.
Yeah right .
As PP said "it's hypocrisy"
It is extremely funny how it works. When money is involved , morals go out of the window
These so called ‘leaders’ have no morals I’d live by, they’re just leaches that are better than most at expressing absolute bollocks that most people for some reason or another seem to just go along with... I’m by no means an anarchist but when the establishment clearly do what they want and profit from it but we (the little guys) just get crushed/penalised/criminalised for something that literally can just be thrown in soil And left to grow WFT man??
One man can’t make a difference but one plant for one man can so F*** em

Keep growing ya medicine man!

portugals nice in retirement I hear, great humidity and fantastic drug laws :cool:

Yes, there is a lot of folk doing worse. But we all get put in the same court room. As long as you don't tell anyone anything and hide all smells and evidence. There was a grower who got caught out locally because he put all his leaves from defoliation into his waste bin. Just little things like that can get you a hole in the wall where your front door used to be :laugh: like i said before. The police don't wait for you to answer the door.

You want out of Scotland and we are planning to retire there.
Little place called wanlockhead Dumfries and Galloway area. I'm going to give gold panning lessons when I retire. Can't wait..

These so called ‘leaders’ have no morals I’d live by, they’re just leaches that are better than most at expressing absolute bollocks that most people for some reason or another seem to just go along with... I’m by no means an anarchist but when the establishment clearly do what they want and profit from it but we (the little guys) just get crushed/penalised/criminalised for something that literally can just be thrown in soil And left to grow WFT man??
One man can’t make a difference but one plant for one man can so F*** em

Keep growing ya medicine man!

portugals nice in retirement I hear, great humidity and fantastic drug laws :cool:
. You've wrapped it all up in a nutshell. Everybody just goes along with it.
I will always keep growing no matter what. It is what will bring my wife back to good health.

Love portugal. Mainly the Faro district. As soon as this pandemic is over. I'm heading straight over. Get the beers in :laugh:

Yes, there is a lot of folk doing worse. But we all get put in the same court room. As long as you don't tell anyone anything and hide all smells and evidence. There was a grower who got caught out locally because he put all his leaves from defoliation into his waste bin. Just little things like that can get you a hole in the wall where your front door used to be :laugh: like i said before. The police don't wait for you to answer the door.

You want out of Scotland and we are planning to retire there.
Little place called wanlockhead Dumfries and Galloway area. I'm going to give gold panning lessons when I retire. Can't wait..
Gold panning lessons pmsl !! Scotland lucky and I do think we're looked after better up here but !! Thinking Spain or Portugal got good friends in Germany to just 2 halfhour from Amsterdam !! Could be another option but defo outa here !!

Back
Top Bottom