Growing medicine in the UK

It’s weird that politicians in UK are still so uptight about it. Even the right wing in the US has given up on trying to keep weed illegal. Don’t they see the sky hasn’t fallen?
All our politicians wear safety helmets incase the sky falls in. No-one will take personal responsibility for a decision. But when they all have the same idea. There is no stopping them in forcing change. But then again, if it all goes wrong, they blame others and don't take responsibility and the circle of shite continues

All our politicians wear safety helmets incase the sky falls in. No-one will take personal responsibility for a decision. But when they all have the same idea. There is no stopping them in forcing change. But then again, if it all goes wrong, they blame others and don't take responsibility and the circle of shite continues
Are people still going to prison for long stretches just for weed?

I feel like a criminal.

i grew up as a happy little criminal. :cheesygrinsmiley:

live the way you want with the people you love and do no harm.

Are people still going to prison for long stretches just for weed?
Luckily not. They are a bit more relaxed about it. But the law states that the there is a maximum of 14 years in jail If caught growing it and a 4 year jail term for possession. But that more applies to those black market dealer that have pounds upon pounds of the stuff..
A police officer once told me that they would rather split up a party of a thousand stoners than split up a party of 2 drunk people.

i grew up as a happy little criminal. :cheesygrinsmiley:

live the way you want with the people you love and do no harm.
You did? I suppose 90% of growers had to be criminals at one stage in there life.
I never really looked at it that way. Nearly all of you have been through this same predicament.

We do live that way , but with slight fear of the law.

Thanks for the support

That is an amazing success story. Like you said home grown medicine, it has saved your life and gave you a new life.
I can see that with my wife, you are correct , she was addicted. If she ever ran out of her prescription, she would get withdrawal symptoms a fever and a cough.
There is no withdrawal with cannabis, she doesn't have side effects from it.
But the doctors still kept signing those prescriptions, knowing that she was addicted to them.
Thanks for joining in. Really happy to see another life changed for the good by nature
My problem was when the doc decided I had enough and cold turkey. Wow I hadda spell it out I'm an addict. I cant go cold turkey. I got another script and my first harvest. took 1 more pill and that was that. Opioids in the rear view mirror. Wont ever go back.

For SOME people cannabis can take the place of opioids. I was one. Never felt too much withdrawal symptoms with cannabis to take its place. Of course by that time the medicine was doing damage and I was basically taking pills to kill the pain from the pills.

The person that invented that shit should be in jail.

My problem was when the doc decided I had enough and cold turkey. Wow I hadda spell it out I'm an addict. I cant go cold turkey. I got another script and my first harvest. took 1 more pill and that was that. Opioids in the rear view mirror. Wont ever go back.

For SOME people cannabis can take the place of opioids. I was one. Never felt too much withdrawal symptoms with cannabis to take its place. Of course by that time the medicine was doing damage and I was basically taking pills to kill the pain from the pills.

The person that invented that shit should be in jail.
At least you are free from the pain they produced. How many millions are still where you were? It is a crime that the professionals who are in charge of your well-being, can effectively kill their patients, just because the painkillers have been approved.
You are right also, it only works for some. But there should always be an alternative to the opiates at hand but in the UK there isn't.
Really pleased to hear another success story. Nice one

At least you are free from the pain they produced. How many millions are still where you were? It is a crime that the professionals who are in charge of your well-being, can effectively kill their patients, just because the painkillers have been approved.
You are right also, it only works for some. But there should always be an alternative to the opiates at hand but in the UK there isn't.
Really pleased to hear another success story. Nice one
I feel like I need to stand up for opiates, LOL. Everything in moderation. If used recreationally, people can avoid physical addiction as long as they really space out the times they use it. Medicinally, opiates are a godsend for people with severe end-of-life pain from cancer and such.

But yeah, for chronic pain they are often a bad fit because people effectively have no choice but to get physically addicted. Weed is a healthier option if it works for you. But we’d be better off if all drugs were legal.

Yes I agree. Everything in moderation. But the doctors should know when someone starts becoming dependant on them. That seems to be the issue.

Opiates do have a place in modern medicine. They are effective for short time use and essential for end of life care and pain.

I feel like I need to stand up for opiates, LOL. Everything in moderation. If used recreationally, people can avoid physical addiction as long as they really space out the times they use it. Medicinally, opiates are a godsend for people with severe end-of-life pain from cancer and such.

But yeah, for chronic pain they are often a bad fit because people effectively have no choice but to get physically addicted. Weed is a healthier option if it works for you. But we’d be better off if all drugs were legal.
Squiggle is right they should be used for end of life care terminal cancer etc.
Other than that they are a freeken nightmare to anyone who finds themselves with a script in their hand. Its basically Russian Roulette with pills instead of a gun.

Squiggle is right they should be used for end of life care terminal cancer etc.
Other than that they are a freeken nightmare to anyone who finds themselves with a script in their hand. Its basically Russian Roulette with pills instead of a gun.
Let’s just say there’s room for everything in Grandma’s medicine cabinet and I can still keep my shit together, LOL. But I hear what you’re saying.

Thanks,
I know I'm not , but i still get nervous when I see blue lights flashing in the street. We got raided a few years ago. For 2 plants. It was our fault as we didn't control the smell .. luckily they were great about it and fully understood why we were growing it. But they said the law is the law .
It still didn't stop them ransacking the house and going through every draw.
It was embarrassing.
Thanks again for the support
So what happened? Did they arrest you or fine you? I’m scared to death for that reason.

Back
Top Bottom