Growing safety - Tips & tricks on how to avoid getting caught!

About the medical cannabis thing. I been on a tincture for about the last month. Been having lower back and hip pain and numbness in right leg. I have started omega 3 fish oil too. And am feeling a lot better now. No more whole body ache. As i work and live at sea. Body takes strain.
If you have any body aches i recommend making your own tincture with your own fresh bud.
All you need.
1 bottle royal vodka 98% proof.
As much bud as you like try a mix of high thc and cbd strains.
Shake 5 min
Put in freezer for 2 weeks.
Shake every 3 days or more.
Test after 2 weeks.
Best after a year.
Date your bottle
. . .

a friend in need is a friend in deed!!! a friend with weed is better!!

Duly Noted..."Carbon Filter" ...on the list. "Cannabis laws" seems a contradiction of Terms to me seeing as though the stuff does nothing but "free" people and nations of pain and oppression. The! Only! Law! Being broken .worldwide is The Law of Reason. Trampled underfoot by crime and commerce..thanks. s

Sent from my ZTE T815 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Re: Growing safety - Tips & tricks on how to avoid getting caught!

Another safety tip is to never ever, ever, smoke your bud near door entrances as the smoke will escape down the hallways to neighboring apartments.

Also do not get your dog high as he or she needs to go outside and chances are people may see their red eyes.. lol

A Licenced Medicinal Cannabis User

If I got caught I would risk several years in prison as my grow will most likely produce close to or even more than a kg of buds. It's not fair as I grow strictly for personal use. For this and other reasons I plan to remove a lamp and produce slightly less in future grows. I should keep it below the dreaded 1 kg limit to avoid being prosecuted as a "pro" drug dealer if caught. I really envy you guys who have a more normalized situation. Some day it will be like this here as well. I am so cautious I won't even say which country I am in. But I can say the continent which is Europe :)
You sound just like me!!!! I'm growing just for personal use debating if I should up grade and just go all out or keep my 2 plants in a 2x4 tent . Knowing that if I get caught there is a high chance I'll go to prison either way..... I'm trying to adjust my grow to be just below the federal limit to get some serious charges. So that means under 50 plants so then what I did was look at my state laws even knowing it is legal I can try and reduce my charges to the best of my ability. On top of that I updated my address got all my mail, bills, subscription etc all going to my mother house. Even updated my driver license best way to not get caught create a alias for just this and only this.

Psalm 104:14

"He causes the grass to grow for the cattle, and the herb for the service of Man".

I often censor my photos. Especially reflective surfaces are pixeled out from many of my photos I post online. The reasons for this are quite simple - Please read the following article

Reflected hidden faces in photographs revealed in pupil

What do your photos reveal?

1661203799832.png
Zooming in on the pupil of a subject’s eye reveals hidden bystanders (credit: Rob Jenkins)

The pupil* of the eye in a photograph of a face can be mined for hidden information, such as reflected faces of the photographer and bystanders, according to research led by Dr. Rob Jenkins, of the Department of Psychology at the University of York and published in PLOS ONE (open access).
The researchers say that in crimes in which the victims are photographed, such as hostage taking or child sex abuse, reflections in the eyes of the photographic subject could help to identify perpetrators. Images of people retrieved from cameras seized as evidence during criminal investigations could be used to piece together networks of associates or to link individuals to particular locations.

By zooming in on high-resolution passport-style photographs, Jenkins and co-researcher Christie Kerr of the School of Psychology, University of Glasgow were able to recover bystander images that could be identified accurately by observers, despite their low resolution.

1661203861378.png
Lineup-style array of reflected images from photographs for spontaneous recognition task in experiment. All participants were familiar with the face of the psychologist and unfamiliar with the faces of the bystanders. Correct naming of the familiar face was frequent (hits 90%), and mistaken identification of the unfamiliar faces was infrequent (false positives 10%)

To establish whether these bystanders could be identified from the reflection images, the researchers presented them as stimuli in a face-matching task. Observers who were unfamiliar with the bystanders’ faces performed at 71 per cent accuracy, while participants who were familiar with the faces performed at 84 per cent accuracy. In a test of spontaneous recognition, observers could reliably name a familiar face from an eye reflection image.
“The pupil of the eye is like a black mirror,” said Jenkins. “To enhance the image, you have to zoom in and adjust the contrast. A face image that is recovered from a reflection in the subject’s eye is about 30,000 times smaller than the subject’s face.” In the research, the whole-face area for the reflected bystanders was 322 pixels on average.

Forensics implications

1661203886618.png

You probably recognize this well-known person, even though his face in this image measures only 16 pixels wide × 20 pixels high. (look at my personal remarks regarding this photo below this article - DeVille)

High-resolution face photographs may also contain unexpected information about the environment of the photographic subject, including the appearance of the immediate surroundings, Jenkins explained to KurzweilAI.
“In the context of criminal investigations, this could be used to piece together networks of associates, or to link individuals to particular locations. This may be especially important when for categories of crime in which perpetrators photograph their victims. Reflections in the victims eyes could reveal the identity of the photographer.
“Also, around 40 million photographs per day are uploaded to Instagram alone, he pointed out. “Faces are among the most frequently photographed objects. Our study serves as a reminder to be careful what you upload. Eyes in the photographs could reveal where you were and who you were with.”
Although Jenkins did the study with a high-resolution (39 megapixels) Hasselblad camera, face images retrieved from eye reflections need not be of high quality in order to be identifiable, he said. “Obtaining optimal viewers — those who are familiar with the faces concerned — may be more important than obtaining optimal images.”
In addition, “in accordance with Hendy’s Law (a derivative of Moore’s Law), pixel count per dollar for digital cameras has been doubling approximately every twelve months. This trajectory implies that mobile phones could soon carry >39 megapixel cameras routinely.”
It would be interesting to see what hidden information is buried in law-enforcement (and other) photo archives — some of which could even help exculpate innocent persons.

Abstract of PLOS ONE paper
Criminal investigations often use photographic evidence to identify suspects. Here we combined robust face perception and high-resolution photography to mine face photographs for hidden information. By zooming in on high-resolution face photographs, we were able to recover images of unseen bystanders from reflections in the subjects’ eyes. To establish whether these bystanders could be identified from the reflection images, we presented them as stimuli in a face matching task (Experiment 1). Accuracy in the face matching task was well above chance (50%), despite the unpromising source of the stimuli. Participants who were unfamiliar with the bystanders’ faces (n = 16) performed at 71% accuracy [t(15) = 7.64, p<.0001, d = 1.91], and participants who were familiar with the faces (n = 16) performed at 84% accuracy [t(15) = 11.15, p<.0001, d = 2.79]. In a test of spontaneous recognition (Experiment 2), observers could reliably name a familiar face from an eye reflection image. For crimes in which the victims are photographed (e.g., hostage taking, child sex abuse), reflections in the eyes of the photographic subject could help to identify perpetrators.
references:
  • Rob Jenkins, Christie Kerr, Identifiable Images of Bystanders Extracted from Corneal Reflections, PLOS ONE, 2013, DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0083325 (open access)
* I have some remarks about the Obama photo. That's a clear weakness of this study. You see - They used a very famous photo of a very famous person. However - If they used a non famous photo of the same person the chances would be considerably smaller for you to be able to identify this person after being pixelated like that. They probably did it to illustrate their point, but it's not very scientific to mislead the reader like this. I just felt I had to say that - DeVille

Here's another pointer that might have been overlooked.
If you see someone in a thread offering you free seeds cause they have so many extras, be very careful. Think about it, you would first have to give your email address to make the arrangements, then a mailing address. So now whoever is offering the seeds knows your address,, knows that you grow, and knows how to contact you and any other info about you that may have come out in posts ;)

From the . . I was in hospital I had 9 plants growing and about 3 ounces drying !

The landlord used the excuse i left a window open n they said they needed to secure the property!

They went around with the police ! My equipment n all my plants n dried weed were taken !

Nothing from the Police at all .. apart from removing my equipment, my plants and dried weed . Surprising really for the UK.

Landlords! An often overlooked detail. Remember we lived in this tiny 35 square meter apartment. I grew in a corner in the living-room. It was a huge company we rented from, and they would send repair people, etc, at random times, and they would just lock themselves in. It was a nightmare and really made me paranoid after a while. For some reason they never noticed that tent in that corner making that annoying static fan-sound. Or maybe they thought it was something else? I guess most people wouldn't know a grow-tent if they were standing right in front of one.

Sad you lost your stuff! But much better than going to jail

From the . . I was in hospital I had 9 plants growing and about 3 ounces drying !

The landlord used the excuse i left a window open n they said they needed to secure the property!

They went around with the police ! My equipment n all my plants n dried weed were taken !

Nothing from the Police at all .. apart from removing my equipment, my plants and dried weed . Surprising really for the UK.

Very informative for people who don't think the safety aspects thru being born In . I too know how awkward the life can be which is why before I ordered anything I did research and payed someone cash to order equipment to there house nd mine is only 4 plants but better to be safe than sorry,
Thanks deville for the info . stay safe happy growing

Here anyone can grow six plants, but only poses one ounce. I guess they don't expect much yield. I am allowed 99 plants due to my medical card.
For all you folks imagining how wonderful it is to be legal, it is just as awesome as you imagine.
If someone does break in and rip me off, the cops have to try to find the bastards. How hard they try is debatable, but at least they won't arrest me. .

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

And I'm jealous lol damn you are lucky!

You sound just like me!!!! I'm growing just for personal use debating if I should up grade and just go all out or keep my 2 plants in a 2x4 tent . Knowing that if I get caught there is a high chance I'll go to prison either way..... I'm trying to adjust my grow to be just below the federal limit to get some serious charges. So that means under 50 plants so then what I did was look at my state laws even knowing it is legal I can try and reduce my charges to the best of my ability. On top of that I updated my address got all my mail, bills, subscription etc all going to my mother house. Even updated my driver license best way to not get caught create a alias for just this and only this.

Psalm 104:14

"He causes the grass to grow for the cattle, and the herb for the service of Man".

Good luck and God speed my friend. I hope you don't get caught. Unfortunately I have never grown and wouldn't know where to begin. I'd love to grow a couple plants for personal use but I'm fearful I would kill them or do something stupid and accidentally get caught. Can I ask what you're growing? I'm purely interested because I use marijuana medicinally and right now the two best strains for me are Johnny Tonic and Harlequin, also a huge fan of Platinum Girl Scout Cookies and White Widow. They help a lot with my chronic pain, I had back surgery a year and a half ago. Our laws here are ridiculous. You can be prescribed enough opioids to accidentally kill yourself but forget using a plant to treat your chronic pain, that would be preposterous. Seems totally counterproductive to me.

Growing white widow right now. Alongside with big-bud, bubbleicious, pure power plant, Jack Herer, train wreck and a mystery strain

Growing white widow right now. Alongside with big-bud, bubbleicious, pure power plant, Jack Herer, train wreck and a mystery strain

Love Jack Herer and Train Wreck, great strains. I like that you have such a variety. How difficult was it learning all the differences in care, nutrition and sunlight? I've been thinking about growing for years. Any suggestions for a first time grower?

Re: Growing safety - Tips &amp; tricks on how to avoid getting caught!

I suggest you go for it. Make yourself a grow journal here and the good people on this forum will help you get to harvest. It's quite simple once you get the hang of it. The first grows can be scary but you figure it out as you go. Also try to read as much as you can on this forum and others.

Find a few grow journals growing the way you want to learn and never be afraid to ask questions.

There are no stupid questions and the people here are very friendly and helpful

Do you want to grow inside or outside? If your climate permits it, there is no doubt that outside is a good way to start. Indoor Growing requires a lot of gear while outdoors you won't need much.

The climate here doesn't permit outdoor growing so we have to do it indoors

Back
Top Bottom