Growing & Vaping

So compared to like bho shatter (dewaxed or otherwise) etcetc, where does like solventless rosin come into it? Should that be winterized or not relevant?

Hopefully now it is becoming more widely accepted more research will be done into it all and quickly.

Hey falstaffo,
Rosin is natural, not extracted with solvents....so...
My question is to go with yours is,

Is it the solvent trapped in the wax or oil... Or is this purely Cannabis related?

Because I smoked buds for 35 years, no problems, if Vaping is a prob, I really want to know.
I did it to be healthier, not worse... Lol.

So compared to like bho shatter (dewaxed or otherwise) etcetc, where does like solventless rosin come into it? Should that be winterized or not relevant?

Hopefully now it is becoming more widely accepted more research will be done into it all and quickly.
Research is key as more and more people want to make their concentrate for what ever reason it needs to b done properly. I was lucky enough to watch and learn from people with who weren’t in it for the money and all about the quality. I don’t know to much about the rosin tec but if I had to guess and this is a guess I would say some fat and wax would b getting in there. I guess maybe how much is depending on how hot the heat plates r and the length of squish. Fat and wax I would think would liquify and mix in the question is do you want to add a solvent to a zero solvent extraction to remove anything you don’t want because then you would need to vac purge. Again just guessing I have zero experience squishing and at the end of the day people have been doing ISO quick wash’s for honey oil for ever long before people we’re even knew about dewaxing I’m talking 70s and 80s with no purge or dewax and they ain’t dead. However a tip of the hat to all trying to make ultra pure concentrate at home by doing so we r all much better off.

I tip my hat too KC. I'm 78 and physically challenged but my self help now for meds is herb that is well dried and cured (Stackit for the drying) for the Volcano or an occasional joint, kief (got a kief screen last year), edibles (MBM to do the canna butter), and Bubble hash (Bubblebagdude components). So the array of meds is herb, trim for edibles, bubble hash, kief. No chems that I know of.

I grow outside so the expense is relatively modest each year and the harvest always abundant from 4 or 5 ladies. I have spent around $1000 over the years for the equipment. I don't know if I will be able to handle a grow again, and when I cannot these goodies get passed on to my family.

Peace

So in relation to the "vaping illnesses" they are finally finding a commonality between cases. Looks like they are pointing the finger at vitamin E acetate. An additive in low quality thc/CBD vape carts.
It is also sold as a "thickener" which I'm not familiar with. Wax liquidizer I have heard of, not sure where the need for thickeners comes in, but a couple of companies that were selling them have now closed down, one of them being Flora Plex out of Michigan apparently.

Thanks KCCO 77. I'm am interested it knowing more about it. Kind of wonder why I never noticed this process before. I don't smoke a ton of shatter so I don't see it as a big deal. Still I wish I had know about this before. Sounds relatively easy and I have access to Everclear.

I remember having to bring bottles of Everclear to my mentor years ago when he first started making shatter. His state doesn't sell it. It was only the one time so I thought he never needed it again. It was not in the instructions he gave me. Could be he used a strain with very little fat and thought the process was not needed. I am happy to be able to clean my shatter up even more.

Which is probably a good thing. I don't know how long vaping products are going to last with the all out assault on them.

Thanks KCCO 77. I'm am interested it knowing more about it. Kind of wonder why I never noticed this process before. I don't smoke a ton of shatter so I don't see it as a big deal. Still I wish I had know about this before. Sounds relatively easy and I have access to Everclear.

I remember having to bring bottles of Everclear to my mentor years ago when he first started making shatter. His state doesn't sell it. It was only the one time so I thought he never needed it again. It was not in the instructions he gave me. Could be he used a strain with very little fat and thought the process was not needed. I am happy to be able to clean my shatter up even more.

Which is probably a good thing. I don't know how long vaping products are going to last with the all out assault on them.

Only speaking about the thc products but they r putting something in there because no matter how bad I fucked up a run and I have fucked up more then a few in more ways then one messing around to find my recipes. I have never ended up with a runny product like in those thc carts. The closest I could get to liquid is super goo. @Jackalope i do honestly believe the amount of fat and wax can be manipulated by each stain and how it is grown. I am a carpenter not a lab tec but I have grown my go to for years and I get less fat and wax in the winter when my ambient temps are cooler. As well as each stain by itself carries different amounts. I know you like to play with stains and it would be real cool to breed a stain just for this lol. You r probably bang on with your mentor and the everclear.

I am seeing more and more strains they say make great concentrates. I am not sure how the figure it. The ones that come to mind tend to be sativa or sativa dom. Might be because I don't look at a lot of indica strains.

One of my more favorite shatters right now came from 2 seeded Chocoloco plants. With no testing I don't know why for sure. My guess is that it might have good amounts of CBD. While this is almost a pure sativa the write up mentions CBD. The Shatter has that little tingle around the nose like CBD oil does. I have 2 hybrids of those Chocoloco plants. One with Critical which I am growing out now. The other is with Jack's Cleaner 2. I am real curious about how they will come out. Plus if the Shatter will be better, the same, or worse god forbid.

That is as close to breeding a certain strain for shatter as I have gotten. I didn't know I liked the Chocoloco shatter when I bred the seeds LMAO. I did that because I like the Chocoloco that much. I am interested in doing more in the future as I learn more about the Shatter thing. Finding and figuring out the right strains to work with is one key I still need to find.

Back
Top Bottom