Growing Without Bloom Nutes By Farside05

This clone is sprouting legs... It is trying to escape... Lol...

Attachments

• 20191114_035042.jpg
    20191114_035042.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 33
This clone is sprouting legs... It is trying to escape... Lol...
Wow I just noticed that it has roots coming out 1/2 of the way up the stem. About 2 inches above the soil.

To me it would stand to reason that as long as the pot is exposed to the ambient temperature long enough, eventually it will assume room temperature. It's a fabric pot on a riser, so it's well exposed to the warmer air. That's better than any earth grown plant would see outside. A foot down in the soil outdoors wouldn't be as warm as the air temperature.

Makes perfect sense to me, yep.

Might be too wet down below for the plant so it's putting the roots out up top. I'd transplant the whole thing into dry soil and let the moisture equalize, and get those roots below the new soil level.
Hi Intheshed, I am using Coco Tek, which drains pretty well. I did put a little liquid Clonex in my watering unit. So I must have got some on the main stem while watering the soil around it... The clones are about 3 weeks old.

Oh okay, I was just going by the look of the substrate in your pic.

Is that like Canna coco? A mix of soil and coco? I remember KingJoe found it didn't drain anywhere near as fast as he was used to (in regular coco) and ended up throwing it out.
It's pure Coco, no soil. It drians well...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191114-132028_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20191114-132028_Chrome.jpg
    277.7 KB · Views: 13
Day 28

This AM I came home. After the lights being on for about 14 hours, the temp settled at 82 and the humidity 60. I turned the thermostat on the heater down from 74 to 68. If I sit the thermometer/hygrometer that sits in the tent, on top of the heater instead, and raise and lower the heaters setting, it looks like the heaters thermostat may be off by as much as 6 degrees (on the low side). We'll see how the new lower temp works out.

Three of the girls are still quite squatish. They are just node stacked on top of node, and none of those nodes are really growing. I was so disappointed in the front left girl this AM that I nearly plucked the few big fans she has and turned her into a ball of those small branches, forcing her hand. Either take off or die. When I looked in on her just now, she's looking better. The color on all of them has improved. Hopefully the 3 slackers start to stretch a bit so I can pull them apart. The back left girl is my pride and joy so far. I got some ties on her this AM and started to pull her apart. I'm afraid she's gonna be a lot taller than her siblings if they don't throw it into overdrive soon. In the meantime I'll just keep puller her down.

Front Left

Back Left

Front Right

Back Right

Group

If those were mine I would pull off all the fat bottom multi-colored wrinkled lowest fans and force them to create more leaves up top.

Challenge accepted, and maybe then some. They just got a Shawshank Redemption trim job. "Get busy livin' or get busy dying".

The pots are drying on a more normal schedule now. They'll be ready for a drink tomorrow AM. I really think these issues were climate/cold related, and now that's back into some sort of order, things will be business as usual.

Challenge accepted, and maybe then some. They just got a Shawshank Redemption trim job. "Get busy livin' or get busy dying".

The pots are drying on a more normal schedule now. They'll be ready for a drink tomorrow AM. I really think these issues were climate/cold related, and now that's back into some sort of order, things will be business as usual.

Farside05 I use the oil radiator looking heater. The heat will go off and radiate the heat for a while. I have it set up to come on if it gets below 66 degrees. Exhaust fans come on around 78 degrees. Pulls cool air from outside. Lights are on during the night which keeps it warm inside. Lights out from 12 noon to 6 pm. So my temp runs between 70 to 75 daily. :)

Whew... Almost done... Starting the 2nd level of Scrog Screens...
Kinda fun learning something new....
The buds grow up from the first level, then grow into the 2nd level which supports the buds from falling over.
So no lot of poles sticking into the soil for support.

Attachments

• 20191115_093420.jpg
    20191115_093420.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 28
  • 20191115_131719.jpg
    20191115_131719.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 30
  • 20191115_131726.jpg
    20191115_131726.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 28
Day 29 AM

Took a couple more fans this AM that were blocking new growth and did some LST on the 3 smaller girls. They kind of remind me if the cabbage phenos of Brooklyn Sunrise we encountered in last year's comparative grow. I'm not used to being so heavy handed with the blade. I grow a lot if autos and I normally leave them basically untouched until after the stretch. By the time I got done, they looked pretty rough, although the color is looking good again. I'll save the drink until tomorrow. I want them to get pretty dry before I wet them again.

Day 29 PM

Everything has turned back to the light and looks much better just 12 hours later. Training will continue as they grow.

Regarding the last grow. Wouldn't you know it, the Triple Cheese is a big hit with the wife (and me too). What a great body buzz. Originally the wife turned up her nose because of the name only. Now she says it's her favorite thus far. Goes to figure. Every time I get a smallish plant that I say I'm not gonna grow again, that's what she falls in love with. Guess I'll have to order some more beans of it. Last one was aquirred as a freebie. Hopefully when I go to grow it again I won't get a runt.

Day 29 PM

Everything has turned back to the light and looks much better just 12 hours later. Training will continue as they grow.

Regarding the last grow. Wouldn't you know it, the Triple Cheese is a big hit with the wife (and me too). What a great body buzz. Originally the wife turned up her nose because of the name only. Now she says it's her favorite thus far. Goes to figure. Every time I get a smallish plant that I say I'm not gonna grow again, that's what she falls in love with. Guess I'll have to order some more beans of it. Last one was aquirred as a freebie. Hopefully when I go to grow it again I won't get a runt.

Let the LTS begin.. Looking good my friend. I think you called that one a few months back on the wife going to like that Triple Cheese. Glad she found one she really likes.. I have to say the way them things are growing they damn near look like a Auto-flowering plant. Them nodes are stacked for sure. Great grow so far bud, keep up the great job!

Day 29 PM

Yep Farside05, that is usually the case, wife always likes something you would not think about...

Day 30

Girls got fed today. 5g Mega Crop, 5ml Pro Tekt, 5ml Cal Mag. Scaled back the Mega from the 6g on prior feeding before the heater was installed. Previous experience says 5g should be sufficient until I get into early bloom now that everything is sorted. Grow you little bitches! Probably lost a week from the poor temps. If these would have been autos I would have really hurt my chances at a decent harvest. At least they're photos and I can just veg a bit longer.

Back
Top Bottom