Growing Without Bloom Nutes By Farside05

I love presents, and it's not even Christmas yet. The last of June's prize pack for Plant of the Month from finally arrived.

Holy jeebus, I know I read they were behind on getting the prizes out.
I have a goal of getting a _______ of the month award.

Is it ok If I help myself to one of those Werthers?

Is it ok If I help myself to one of those Werthers?

They are the daughter's, I'll have to ask her.

All the other prizes were timely, it's just the 420 Mag logo stuff that was delayed. They had some issues with the printer if I recall.

That's a nice little prize package on its own, let alone the other cool stuff you've already received. :)

Big movement since last pic!

Working on the 2nd level of Scrog Screens, so when the buds start to grow they will have support for them... I need to have plants 2 and 3 to fill out first...

Attachments

• 20191110_132625.jpg
    20191110_132625.jpg
    737.6 KB · Views: 32
  • 20191110_132744.jpg
    20191110_132744.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 41
  • 20191110_132803.jpg
    20191110_132803.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 29
  • 20191110_132811.jpg
    20191110_132811.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 29
Day 27

Haven't been real happy with the way things have been going, and neither are the plants. The color of the leaves are not a uniform green. They are a bit mottled. They're also a little droopy. Cold weather has come in prematurely and rained on my party. Temps in the tent have been 61-68 degrees and they haven't liked it. It took them a full week to dry out enough to want water again. I guess it's time to do some environmental controls.

First I replaced my piece of drywall that I retro fit over the attic opening, it has a 6" hole in it to duct air out of the closet. I put the standard door back on. Used some duct tape to seal off the cracks around the door.

I cut the regular ductwork and let it hang. The filter is now just acting as a scrubber.

I went to Northern Tool and picked up a quartz heater for the closet. The hole space is about 40 square foot so it shouldn't be too bad to heat with the door closed.

The lights off temp is now around 70. I'll see what it is with lights on and adjust the thermostat accordingly. I'll need to keep an eye on the humidity and see where it settles.

Yesterday they all got a gallon drink of 6g Mega Crop, 5ml Pro Tekt, 5ml Cal Mag. Between the upped dose and the heat, I'm hoping everything becomes verdant green. I also topped them all and did some tucking. I'll try to snap done plant pics when lights come on.

Day 27

Haven't been real happy with the way things have been going, and neither are the plants. The color of the leaves are not a uniform green. They are a bit mottled. They're also a little droopy. Cold weather has come in prematurely and rained on my party. Temps in the tent have been 61-68 degrees and they haven't liked it. It took them a full week to dry out enough to want water again. I guess it's time to do some environmental controls.

First I replaced my piece of drywall that I retro fit over the attic opening, it has a 6" hole in it to duct air out of the closet. I put the standard door back on. Used some duct tape to seal off the cracks around the door.

I cut the regular ductwork and let it hang. The filter is now just acting as a scrubber.

I went to Northern Tool and picked up a quartz heater for the closet. The hole space is about 40 square foot so it shouldn't be too bad to heat with the door closed.

The lights off temp is now around 70. I'll see what it is with lights on and adjust the thermostat accordingly. I'll need to keep an eye on the humidity and see where it settles.

Yesterday they all got a gallon drink of 6g Mega Crop, 5ml Pro Tekt, 5ml Cal Mag. Between the upped dose and the heat, I'm hoping everything becomes verdant green. I also topped them all and did some tucking. I'll try to snap done plant pics when lights come on.
Lets wait for results.....:popcorn:

The lights have been on for 2 hours nown and it's the warmest part of the day. 82 degrees and 60% humidity. Far cry from the 61-68 degrees I was having. When I flip them it will be even more imparitve that I have supplemental heat because the lights will be off 6 more hours. Here's what they look like at the beginning of some climate control.

As long as the RH doesn't rise with the added heat they should start to dry out now.

That's my biggest concern since I'm not vented to outside anymore. You can see the humidity on the guage spiked to 79% there for a bit. I looked in on them half hour after lights on and it jumped up to that number. I left the door open to the bedroom for about 5 minutes and it dropped to 73%. Checked back in on them at the two hour mark and its 60% and the heat climbed 6 degrees in that time too. Its either gonna settle in at something workable with the door closed, or I may have to leave the door to the closet cracked some to balance things out. I guess opening and closing a closet door periodically, if that's what's needed, is easier than carting plants in and out of a shed and around the back yard.

Are you able to check the temp of the faux mix? The space heater may only be doing half the job and you may also need a heat mat.

Are you able to check the temp of the faux mix? The space heater may only be doing half the job and you may also need a heat mat.

To me it would stand to reason that as long as the pot is exposed to the ambient temperature long enough, eventually it will assume room temperature. It's a fabric pot on a riser, so it's well exposed to the warmer air. That's better than any earth grown plant would see outside. A foot down in the soil outdoors wouldn't be as warm as the air temperature.

Back
Top Bottom