GSC LED Redux Cr8grow #8

Day 49, end of Week 7. I was shopping seeds and everything I liked was out of stock. There must be a lot of new growers out there. I will let them go anther week before flip. Realistically that will be 6 weeks of veg, the first 2 weeks are seedling and early growth. I was surprised they will go at least another day before the pots are light enough to water/feed. The guano add starts next feed, increasing little by little until first pistil fuzzy tops appear. I will pull all and fine tune any LST if needed. Pics from this morning. Cheers
F594F527-7070-462F-98EE-D7B5E669964E.jpeg
87ED2B0E-97F1-4FE3-81BD-EEABC0CBC154.jpeg
8ED90887-001D-489A-A235-B3342E50C685.jpeg
AF4EAE68-899A-42AA-9909-5833032BFBA9.jpeg
42800AFE-8EC9-4E86-BEA9-C4DBBB471C09.jpeg
89EBD594-C74D-46BE-A972-5CAE69E5B7F1.jpeg
721334AE-1268-4256-B511-89A71D113D24.jpeg

Day 49, end of Week 7. I was shopping seeds and everything I liked was out of stock. There must be a lot of new growers out there. I will let them go anther week before flip. Realistically that will be 6 weeks of veg, the first 2 weeks are seedling and early growth. I was surprised they will go at least another day before the pots are light enough to water/feed. The guano add starts next feed, increasing little by little until first pistil fuzzy tops appear. I will pull all and fine tune any LST if needed. Pics from this morning. Cheers
F594F527-7070-462F-98EE-D7B5E669964E.jpeg
87ED2B0E-97F1-4FE3-81BD-EEABC0CBC154.jpeg
8ED90887-001D-489A-A235-B3342E50C685.jpeg
AF4EAE68-899A-42AA-9909-5833032BFBA9.jpeg
42800AFE-8EC9-4E86-BEA9-C4DBBB471C09.jpeg
89EBD594-C74D-46BE-A972-5CAE69E5B7F1.jpeg
721334AE-1268-4256-B511-89A71D113D24.jpeg
Good morning my friend @cr8grow been watching Woody? :love:
Nobody is going to catch Scheffler , I fear.
But back to the garden, flipping should be interesting they will explode.
And fill that whole room.
Second to last pic the color is yellowish.
Is that just the lighting giving them an off color in the pic?
Just wondering.
Keep up the good work. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill

Just wondering.

Stay safe
Bill
Golf fan I see Bill! Golf fanatic here. Woods made the cut and have Scheffler in my pool challenge! Agree as well that your gonna be filling that tent, can’t wait to see and yes the second last pic does look a little bright.

Just wondering.

Stay safe
Bill
Bill, I will busy today, but will catch a few holes. No plans tomorrow other than hanging and watching the Masters. Regarding the light colored plant, it’s a bit of both. The plants at the back of the cabinet appear lighter as under full LED where the ones in the front get a mix of LED and ambient light when I open the cabinet door to take pics. But is also a Green Crack fem I coaxed into catch up when I lost a couple GSC sprouts. I backed off the veg nutes a bit the last two water/feeds since the GSCs were too dark green and the GC’s tips started to show burn. I will go full nutes next water/feed, likely today or tomorrow. I will rotate the plans and the GC will come to the front. We will see how much lighter it really is. I’m following your grow shed plans over on Purple Pics. Cheers

Golf fan I see Bill! Golf fanatic here. Woods made the cut and have Scheffler in my pool challenge! Agree as well that your gonna be filling that tent, can’t wait to see and yes the second last pic does look a little bright.
Steel…thanks for checking in…comments the lighter plant above in my reply to Bill. Enjoy the Masters. Cheers

Steel…thanks for checking in…comments the lighter plant above in my reply to Bill. Enjoy the Masters. Cheers
Haha I’m about the same today, busy so check in on golf when can. I’m actually golfing tomorrow, die hard here! I here ya on lighting as the lighting of my girls is always different and their right beside each other? lol Go Woods or for me Connors would be even better! Have a good day guys!

Day 50, Pots went light overnight and two had a little wilt. All watered and fed. Went back to full strength veg nutes and they got there first half dose of guano tea Budswel. Also did another trim low and tweaked a couple LST sites. The first pic is before. Next shot is the Green Crack on the workbench, lighter in color than the GSCs, but not as yellow as it looked in the back corner of the cabinet. Last two shots after trim and water/nutes and rotation. Green Crack now right front. Count down to flip in less than a week. Cheers
2CB3CBB1-5F83-41B7-B929-9082961F2ADC.jpeg
0B09BEE1-256C-4327-98FE-D90F3160AF69.jpeg
6006F7EE-DF8F-4DB5-8D73-A13D4EF14595.jpeg
1D144A63-DBEB-4DE3-A4AD-A5AF67322230.jpeg

Day 53, mid week 8 update. Pots heavy. The two indica leaning GSC phenos left front and back looking droopy. Appears overwatered, but pots were light and drainage is good. I looked back on the 420 GSC Comparative grow and see that pheno prevalent. The GSC pheno back right is a perfect for my grow style, wish I could clone that perfect round easily LSTd bush. I have some low trimming to get after again. The Green Crack late cabinet filler right front is my favorite. I can see a cabinet full of those sativa leaners. She trained so easy and has an open structure. I have many secondary bud sites…leaving many to fill the center. The GSCs are so ready to flower…flip in 4 days to 12/12. I’m hoping for some stretch, will continue with organic veg nutes, slowly increasing guano tea. Pics from this afternoon. Cheers
F9231435-AE73-45B8-8581-F5B0BC341870.jpeg
4414D09A-A230-44B3-A94E-9F34F2449372.jpeg
5A942FDD-438F-4102-9A09-E4E85BCB237B.jpeg

Day 56, end of week 8. Flip to 12/12 tomorrow, they will have a short day. I checked in after work yesterday and there was still some weight at the bottoms. This morning planned to do the final trim before flip. I usually trim very lightly, but these plants were so dense for their short LSTd height. I had to do several trims low over the past few weeks to see small side shoots to chop, etc. This morning the pots were light and plants wilted somewhat. Definitely drinking. I trimmed, watered/fed and checked out all on the workbench. I have a deficiency starting, possibly two. They are not overwatered, I wait for pots to go light, right before wilt (usually). I ph my water to 6.4 after organic nutes. I’m growing in soil, new medium this grow but I test drove one pot last grow with no issues. It’s a local product that’s been improved over several years to fine tune for organic soil weed growers. I’ve used the same organic nutes since my first grow. I supplement with organic cal mag, may be an issue. I have well water, delicious but full of minerals. I took this reading Grow #6…PPM 142, EC 302 @70F. Not sure but I think it’s high but possibly OK. Cabinet humidity runs low…30-50%, could be better. This is my second grow with LED lights. Buds from my first LED Grow 7 are exceptional. I don’t think it’s the lights. The plants look lighter under LED than they are, but clearly have some issues. My first thought was hungry, I don’t think so. It looks like a Mag lockout due to high calcium, which I’m also adding with the organic cal mag. It appears there is also a Potassium lockout started, also due to high calcium. The first pic is the Green Crack on the workbench yesterday to give an idea of the coloration difference in and out of the cabinet. The plants rotated to the front look greener with ambient light. The second pic is the condition I found them in this morning. The other pics are after final trim and rotation. I often have ugly leaves at the end of a grow, but grow great buds. My only concern is they need to go another 10 weeKs after flip tomorrow. I’m going to give them a dose of epsom salts and stop the cal mag. I’ve suspected too much calcium for a long time. I’m open to any thoughts. I’ve grown better, but will probably be very happy with the bud quality in the end. It’s the guano tea. Cheers
638B4D32-6637-4902-A33F-7213B513DB33.jpeg
DCE38CE4-EFF4-4CF7-B1EA-5F5379670C61.jpeg
967B61C9-FC35-4CC8-AB4D-CFE6DD2AF85E.jpeg
BF5EC0E4-8465-4E30-B6D9-B47BEDF33746.jpeg
F94BCD4A-B437-4CE4-AD05-5A603C1C605A.jpeg
6478B265-B6D5-4FBB-A849-272A17546AF8.jpeg
C337BB09-BED9-4662-90DD-FF335B469599.jpeg
7E5E647B-9084-488E-991E-22EF1CAF1CED.jpeg
2F026842-909F-4A87-A2BB-8D8A78E1C284.jpeg

Day 56, end of week 8. Flip to 12/12 tomorrow, they will have a short day. I checked in after work yesterday and there was still some weight at the bottoms. This morning planned to do the final trim before flip. I usually trim very lightly, but these plants were so dense for their short LSTd height. I had to do several trims low over the past few weeks to see small side shoots to chop, etc. This morning the pots were light and plants wilted somewhat. Definitely drinking. I trimmed, watered/fed and checked out all on the workbench. I have a deficiency starting, possibly two. They are not overwatered, I wait for pots to go light, right before wilt (usually). I ph my water to 6.4 after organic nutes. I’m growing in soil, new medium this grow but I test drove one pot last grow with no issues. It’s a local product that’s been improved over several years to fine tune for organic soil weed growers. I’ve used the same organic nutes since my first grow. I supplement with organic cal mag, may be an issue. I have well water, delicious but full of minerals. I took this reading Grow #6…PPM 142, EC 302 @70F. Not sure but I think it’s high but possibly OK. Cabinet humidity runs low…30-50%, could be better. This is my second grow with LED lights. Buds from my first LED Grow 7 are exceptional. I don’t think it’s the lights. The plants look lighter under LED than they are, but clearly have some issues. My first thought was hungry, I don’t think so. It looks like a Mag lockout due to high calcium, which I’m also adding with the organic cal mag. It appears there is also a Potassium lockout started, also due to high calcium. The first pic is the Green Crack on the workbench yesterday to give an idea of the coloration difference in and out of the cabinet. The plants rotated to the front look greener with ambient light. The second pic is the condition I found them in this morning. The other pics are after final trim and rotation. I often have ugly leaves at the end of a grow, but grow great buds. My only concern is they need to go another 10 weeKs after flip tomorrow. I’m going to give them a dose of epsom salts and stop the cal mag. I’ve suspected too much calcium for a long time. I’m open to any thoughts. I’ve grown better, but will probably be very happy with the bud quality in the end. It’s the guano tea. Cheers
638B4D32-6637-4902-A33F-7213B513DB33.jpeg
DCE38CE4-EFF4-4CF7-B1EA-5F5379670C61.jpeg
967B61C9-FC35-4CC8-AB4D-CFE6DD2AF85E.jpeg
BF5EC0E4-8465-4E30-B6D9-B47BEDF33746.jpeg
F94BCD4A-B437-4CE4-AD05-5A603C1C605A.jpeg
6478B265-B6D5-4FBB-A849-272A17546AF8.jpeg
C337BB09-BED9-4662-90DD-FF335B469599.jpeg
7E5E647B-9084-488E-991E-22EF1CAF1CED.jpeg
2F026842-909F-4A87-A2BB-8D8A78E1C284.jpeg
Good morning @cr8grow sorry about your issues.
I think your ladies are overwatered. :Namaste:
I should have mentioned something earlier.
Fat heavy leaves with a constant droop.
It's been going on for a bit my friend.
I think a good dry out will help them.
Extend drying time between watering and don't pluck leaves.
It makes issues travel if you remove the leaves.
Hope that helps a little.
I apologize for not mentioning it sooner.

Stay safe
Bill

Here we go again:). Hey cr8, I'm seldom right on this one, so check things out before acting, but I'm going to say I see light green between leaf veins. In my grows before flip that means my soil has run low on magnesium and I run a tbsp of epsom salts in a gallon of water and feed to run off once. After flip Phosphorus can be the fix for being hungry. Is it my eyes or do you see the lightness too? I also see what Bill is talking about. I've noticed the droop but you've been speaking all the right words about watering so I haven't mentioned it.

Good morning @cr8grow sorry about your issues.
I think your ladies are overwatered. :Namaste:
I should have mentioned something earlier.
Fat heavy leaves with a constant droop.
It's been going on for a bit my friend.
I think a good dry out will help them.
Extend drying time between watering and don't pluck leaves.
It makes issues travel if you remove the leaves.
Hope that helps a little.
I apologize for not mentioning it sooner.

Stay safe
Bill
Bill, I started with overwatering, but my 5 gallon pots were very light the last two waters…slight wilt. Prior waterings when pots were dry. I water with 2 gallons each time, so 2 quarts each across 4 pots. I get about 1/8” runoff. Currently I’m watering every 4 or 5 days when pots go light. The two clawed plants are GSC indica leaners. The plants look much lighter under the LEDs but definitely there are issues. I’m hoping all perked up when I look in later. Cheers

Bill, I started with overwatering, but my 5 gallon pots were very light the last two waters…slight wilt. Prior waterings when pots were dry. I water with 2 gallons each time, so 2 quarts each across 4 pots. I get about 1/8” runoff. Currently I’m watering every 4 or 5 days when pots go light. The two clawed plants are GSC indica leaners. The plants look much lighter under the LEDs but definitely there are issues. I’m hoping all perked up when I look in later. Cheers
Just another opinion for you to think about.
Might be a small part of a bigger issue.
You have some good help there.
As I'm not a soil guy you already have my only piece of advice.
Take care my friend.

Stay safe
Bill

Here we go again:). Hey cr8, I'm seldom right on this one, so check things out before acting, but I'm going to say I see light green between leaf veins. In my grows before flip that means my soil has run low on magnesium and I run a tbsp of epsom salts in a gallon of water and feed to run off once. After flip Phosphorus can be the fix for being hungry. Is it my eyes or do you see the lightness too? I also see what Bill is talking about. I've noticed the droop but you've been speaking all the right words about watering so I haven't mentioned it.
SO, thanks for stopping by. There is a Mg deficiency and I will go with some epsom salts. I’m still wondering if my hard water is creating uptake issues. Cheers

SO, thanks for stopping by. There is a Mg deficiency and I will go with some epsom salts. I’m still wondering if my hard water is creating uptake issues. Cheers
Mmm I have hard water (well) over 400ppm so I went ro and I was thinking the same thing. Hehe. I had to do the same for 2 of mine yesterday, the kush sisters needed a touch. I still haven't gotten into my "new fixed soil mix" yet. Next grow will test the recipe.

Mmm I have hard water (well) over 400ppm so I went ro and I was thinking the same thing. Hehe. I had to do the same for 2 of mine yesterday, the kush sisters needed a touch. I still haven't gotten into my "new fixed soil mix" yet. Next grow will test the recipe.
I mixed up epsom salts at 1 Tbsp/gallon ratio (just 1 quart), ph 6.4, now in a spray bottle. I will spray all tonight right after lights out. The plants did respond well to the water and feed yesterday. Pic from today
6C36A2EF-D461-48EF-94D6-F23D70C68557.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom