Guitarman313/Organic Soil/Bagseed

Jacob Bell

Hello all. This is my first journal and very first ever grow. Here are some quick facts, not that I have much.

Indoor closet grow. Sadly, I have sliding doors, so light leaks out, and I have to try to find a way to fix it, cheaply. I am on a shoestring budget at the moment. Closet is about 8 ft long, 2 ft 1 in. wide, and about 9 or 10 ft tall, with a wire shelf about 6 ft up.
Light: I have just a basic shop light, 4 ft. fluorescents, 32 Watt, with 2 lights in it. So total watts, 64. I have 1 cool white at 6500K, and one at 4100K. I would have 2 6500K, but one of the tubes is defective, and I haven't been able to get a new one just yet. I have a HPS 400W, but I am having a tough time getting a fixture for it. So expensive. I found the light for $8 bucks on clearance at a hardware store. Can't wait to use it. I believe I need more light, and definately 2 6500K at the least.
Soil: I have just transplanted 3 plants last night. I have them in 6 in. pots. The soil is your basic Organic Miracle Grow. It's all I have right now. I like the idea of organic, but I don't know if this soil is going to work or not. I'm such a noob.
PH: I don't have a ph tester yet, but I will probably get one. They are cheap enough.
Strain: I don't know. It's bagseed from some brick.

I was going to post a photo, but it said it exceeds the file size limit? I guess I have to figure out how to fix that.

Basicly, I started with 4 plants, I now have 3. One was not growing well, and so I pulled it. I really only want to grow 1 plant at a time, I have 3 because need to find a female.
Does anyone know the cheapest and best website to get a fixture for a HPS bulb? Mine is apparently a medium mogul base, it says " ED18 Mogul Base" on the box. How can I figure out what size base to buy? Will any fixture with a mogul base work? Or does it have to be specifically an "ED18"?
I know I need a fan. I think a small 4 or 6 inch fan would be fine. My plants right now are stretched, I am trying my best to keep the light close, 2 to 3 inches, but since my plants are different heights, it's tough. I have the lamp directly above them. Plants are approx. 2 wks old. I have some nice leaves growing, but they are very small compared to the photos I have seen on here. I know I have to be doing something wrong. I did have them on a 18/6 light time, but after reading on here, I switched to 24/7. I want to keep them in the 6 inch pots until I figure out sex, is that ok? At what wk should I switch the light time to figure out sex? Any advice would be appreciated. One thing I am concerned about is smell. How much odor will 1 plant give off? Do you think I would be ok with some of those Glade Plug in things?
Guess that's it for now. Will post pics once I figure it out. Right now, I have to recharge my camera batteries. Then I will take some lower resolution pics. See if that works.

Ok, quick update. I bought some more lights today. I bought another set of the 6500K fluorescent tubes, so now I have 2 of them over my plants, and I also bought a 26W CFL in the Daylight/6500K. I also put in a small fan, about 5 or 6 in fan. To help strengthen the stem of the plants. No batteries yet for my camera, I forget them when at Lowe's.

If a moderator could delete this journal? I had to stop with this grow, and I started a new one, with a new journal.

No problem, guitarman313. I will flag this thread to be moved to abandoned journals.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom