Gummy type locally sourced at walmart-esque accoutrements

Konks Dirt Empire

I have time on my hands, an oven that starts at 170°F, gelatin, sugar free jello, jello, lemon juice, sweetener, sugar, molds, coconut, olive and veg oil & ziploc bags of lazy-mom's shake.
Anything I should add to my list for a trip to the local wally world or grocery store?
Thanks, stay safe!

sweetener
If sweetener means light corn syrup, then you're covered for gummies...probably won't need to add any additional sugar- the corn syrup, jello, and sugar free jello sweeten things up about as much as you should need...
You can also skip the corn syrup and instead add your favorite liqueur to the recipe- I made a batch with Amaretto, and they were pretty yummy....
You might also want to pick up a squirt bottle, for filling the molds.

If sweetener means light corn syrup, then you're covered for gummies...probably won't need to add any additional sugar- the corn syrup, jello, and sugar free jello sweeten things up about as much as you should need...
You can also skip the corn syrup and instead add your favorite liqueur to the recipe- I made a batch with Amaretto, and they were pretty yummy....
Sweetener meant sugar twin equivalent but I have bee hive corn syrup! :woohoo: Thanks, Carcass!
Large roll of plastic sheeting and 5 gallons of vegetable oil for indoor slip n slide and a shitload of snacks for the munchies
I couldn't spare you the "ridiculous" here, but I didn't call Boo to back it up either... lol

Pro Tip:

Sub in honey for the corn stuff.

Also can use Beef Gelatin (organic grass fed) instead of the artificial stuff and its a lot cheaper.

Recipe is super simple too. I made my gummies in like 20 minutes start to finish. Hardest part was getting everything together which was super easy. I think the easiest thing I've ever cooked.
I used green dragon for my canna input that was a little more work but was pre-made.

:ciao: I actually haven't started yet, Boo, but I have kept an eye on your thread and shed's to keep my notes up to date.
Have you made the oil yet? As you’ve seen I’ve made two batches. One with EVOO and one with Coconut oil. They are both good, though coconut oil ones have a bit of a coconut taste. I prefer @Carcass recie for them since it has more infused oil into the other liquids, less gelatin, and they taste really good! Now I’m on the hunt for a good vegan recipe. The tip from Carcass about subbing liquor for water is a good one too!
After you make the oil, making the gummies is super quick and easy. Stay warm. :love:

Do you have a recipe you could share using the Amoretto?

Hi Konk and @Carcass
If your mix isn't too runny then a ziplock bag with the corner cut off (small) makes a cheap and handy dispenser for your moulds.

Last year I experimented making Chocolates. Low dose pieces est 15mg/ea. Chocolates are a whole fun world themselves, but the baggie dispenser worked well. Cheers :green_heart:

Hi Konk and @Carcass
If your mix isn't too runny then a ziplock bag with the corner cut off (small) makes a cheap and handy dispenser for your moulds.

Last year I experimented making Chocolates. Low dose pieces est 15mg/ea. Chocolates are a whole fun world themselves, but the baggie dispenser worked well. Cheers :green_heart:
Would you be willing to share your chocolate recipe? I tried once and made a horrible goopy mess!

Do you have a recipe you could share using the Amoretto?
Sure do, @ITheNorth it's the same recipe, but instead of the water, you use your favorite liqueur...the liqueur taste will be pretty mild, since the jello flavorings are so strong, but it adds a nice little "something" to the flavor.

Here's the recipe:

So now you've got the oil,and you want to make some gummies...here's how I do it...

You'll need:
1 pkg sugar free jello mix (0.6 oz size)
1pkg regular (with sugar) jello mix (3 oz size)
2 packets plain gelatin
1/4 cup light corn syrup
* 1/4 cup water <------ you can substitute your favorite liqueur for the water(or the corn syrup for a little less "sweetness")
1/2 cup infused oil (I infuse 1oz. mj per cup of oil)

Put all the dry ingredients in a pan, add the water and corn syrup.

Heat it on medium heat,stirring constantly,till it just starts to boil around the edges.

All the powdered stuff should be well dissolved before adding the oil...<--- Important!!

Add the oil and keep stirring till it just starts to boil again,then remove from the heat.

At this point,you're gonna say "this shit aint working-the oil is just floating on top"

So... to remedy this, you keep stirring while the mixture cools just a little- as it cools it will thicken up a bit,
and the oil will start to mix in- this is what you want.
Once all the oil is mixed in, it's time to make some gummies...

Now, you need to hurry just a little so it doesn't set up before you get it into the molds.

Pour the mix into a squirt bottle (put a glove on,it's hot) , fill your gummy molds,and stick them in the freezer.

There will be some of the mixture stuck in the squirt bottle and in the pan- you can either just wash it out, or you can eat it for a nice buzz- just don't eat too much-it's easy to end up "too high" if you're not careful.

After they set up, pop them out of the molds into a tupperware container, or anything with a lid that seals.

You can store them at room temp,but they get a little oily above 78f ,so I keep them in the freezer.

and there ya go!

Hi @Southerncough I'm away from home so don't have all the specifics. Suffice it to say that I used 5.0g of decarboxylated flower, mixed with 100g of Semi-sweet bakers chocolate. After decarbing the flowers I pulverized them into dust between parchment paper sheets. Then the chocolate and weed dust went into the ziplock bag.

I got one of those 'Goopy' mess once too. While the chocolate is liquid it is 100% imperative, you can not get Any water into the mix. It causes seizing. This is where the ziplock came in really handy.

Temperature control is important for chocolates too. I use a kitchen gadget called a SousVide cooker. It's a water bath immersion heater for food that's super accurate. Bag hanging over the edge into the water till it's all liquid and you can mix it well. One last fiddley step: Tempering the chocolate. If you fill your moulds before tempering it may be softer than you want. Tempering requires lowering the temperature of the chocolate for 10-15 minutes, then raising it up 10-20 degrees and holding there for a while too.

Tempering will make your chocolate come out of the mould hard and glossy. Anyway, that's about all I can remember of the top. Sorry @Konks Dirt Empire wasn't trying to co-opt your thread :laughtwo: cheers

Back
Top Bottom