had a question if someone could help me out please

hahajeff4rey

ok during the veg growth could I just use Bat guano or would I have to use more nuritrents and is it true you would only have to use nurtirents if theres a lack of nitrogen to the plant? I hope this isn't a stupid question im just new to growing and im trying to learn everything I can btw this will be a outside plant anyone that would comment on this would be really great
every stay safe....:thumb:

Hello Jeff

There are formulations of bat guano that have the right nutrients for the growth cycle. Even if you have the correct formulation you may want to supplement with other nutrients such as cal/mg. You did not mention your grow medium. Some mixes have enough nutrients to take the plants 2-3 months without the need for any additional feeding. In my sig you can see my feeding routine... but... I am using and liking Doggett & Simpson - Home Growology system.

Give us more info and you can get get better feedback

I find two kinds of growers - one kind uses liquid nute mix for each plant cycle. The other kind - mixes his soil with all the 'solid' nutes, and just waters the plant through the cycles. Sometimes they fortify the soil with more solid nutes.

They have to check their results by monitoring the run off.

I prefer the soil mix by FF, Happy Frog. Water for 1 month, no nutes needed. But after then I use liquid nutes according to Technaflora. The water for 1 month is great - as this is after a transplant, repotting.

Decide how much monitoring you want to do, and how much dirt mixing you'll have to do every 3 months...

DN

ok Im going to give u alittle bit more info guys I wanted to use solid nutes I was thinking about fox farm happy like digital said so would the feather meal, fish meal, bat guano, and humic acid be good for the plant right away what im trying to say is would I mix the fertilizer with the soil right after the plant spouts would that be to much for it? or would I wait a little till it got bigger then add the fertilizer I hope that isn't a stupid question im just new to this I just want to make sure everything goes okay in Its going to be a outside plant im going to go with northern lights auto because its a easy strain for noobs lol thank you guys for takeing time out of your day to help me :thumb:

solid nutes are mixed together into the soil before potting the plant. You mix everything together in a large trash barrel or even cement mixer.
when you transplant from pot sizes as the plant grows, you can add more of the soil mix.

For a newbie, this is more work - you will have to monitor the run off PPM and PH to make sure it does not lock out or get too heavy of one nute.

BUT - you mention that this plant is going outside - really you can start your plant in a pot of plain Happy Frog - and only mix solid nutes in the hole in the ground where the plant will live for about 2 months or more. You need to check the soil where you want to plant outside and see what it needs to be fortified with.

DN

ok say I wanted to use liquid nute mix instead of the solid would that be okay? if I got the liquid nute from walmart called Flora grow fertilizer it says it contains nitrogen, phosphorous, potassium, and secondary minerals would I just add 1/4 nutes to start off with? im sorry im just kinda confused about this im trying to figure it out lol im going to use organic soil and when you said you will have to monitor the run off PPM and PH to make sure it does not lock out or get too heavy of one nute what does that exactly mean if you could explain it to me .. thank you

as soon as you said Walmart, I knew it was likely to be the wrong product to use. Right off the bat - most of the stuff sold at hardware and big box stores are meant for ornamental flowers, not stuff you want to eat or smoke.

Certain parts of your grow operation you should invest in - genetics, lights and ballasts, and nutrients. The Technaflora starter kit with everything you need from cloning, vegging, to flushing your harvest - $40. enough for 6 plants. This stuff was designed for plants like marijuana - budding and fruiting, smell and taste.

I would mix to instructions for 1 gallon, use what is needed to saturate the soil and dump the rest. The instructions are for 1 gallon and should be mix proportionately to prevent one element from locking out another, or too much nitrogen during flower, etc.

If you follow the instructions it balances PH and PPM on its own.

DN

Back
Top Bottom