Has anyone heard of this? Is it true?

char1ene

At least eight hours of light(seedlings) a day must be provided. As you increase the light, the plants grow faster and show more females/less males. Sixteen hours of light per day seems to be the best combination, beyond this makes little or no appreciable difference in the plant quality. Another idea is to interrupt the night cycle with about one hour of light. This gives you more females.

At least eight hours of light(seedlings) a day must be provided. As you increase the light, the plants grow faster and show more females/less males. Sixteen hours of light per day seems to be the best combination, beyond this makes little or no appreciable difference in the plant quality. Another idea is to interrupt the night cycle with about one hour of light. This gives you more females.

I'm going to go with pit viper on this one. From my understanding on this subject a plants genetic make up is already pre-determined before you even plant it. Think of it this way a seed is just a baby plant in its mothers womb you cant change its genetic make up any more than you can change your own. However there are steps that you can take to ensure you get females in your crop, like ordering femanized seeds.

Hi,

Far from being an expert I would like to only say this. A plants sex is NOT entirely written in it's genes. It does select it's sex and environmental factors CAN play a role in what sex your plant chooses. The plants primary mechanism is survival and to do that it'll change it's sex. Even some frogs in a all same-sex environment will change sex.

My 2 cents!

Cheers!

Indicana.

Another idea is to interrupt the night cycle with about one hour of light. This gives you more females.
sounds like the kind of information DARE/DEA/PillipMorris would distribute.

Hi,

Far from being an expert I would like to only say this. A plants sex is NOT entirely written in it's genes. It does select it's sex and environmental factors CAN play a role in what sex your plant chooses. The plants primary mechanism is survival and to do that it'll change it's sex. Even some frogs in a all same-sex environment will change sex.

My 2 cents!

Cheers!

Indicana.

I retract my previous statement. And will remember this one. + rep Indicana

Back
Top Bottom