having same problem growbox + all info

rachamel

since i start growing the mary j am having this same problem same old same n i couldnt get a right answer or to know the causes
and i always end up throwing it and making new plants,,,, *i dont not or i'm not sure im using the right lights?!!!*

the end of the first fingers always becomes yellow .... im not using any fertilizer and im sure its not overwater!!!

i have made this grow box lately and i need your opinion good or bad and i will put down all the infos

- OG Kush 12days
- White Widow Auto 5 days
- Red Poison 3 days
- Norther Light 2 days
- AK 47 2 days

things im using:
- Soil Bio Bizz All mix
- 2 CFL lights 115W+45 (6700k)
- PH 5-6, Humidity 40-60%
- Temp 26-29c

also what you think about the growbox?!
IMG_051922.JPG
IMG_051824.JPG
IMG_051425.JPG
IMG_051128.JPG
IMG_050823.JPG
IMG_050517.JPG
IMG_050021.JPG
IMG_049419.JPG
IMG_049321.JPG
IMG_048822.JPG
IMG_048621.JPG
IMG_048231.JPG
IMG_047920.JPG
IMG_048015.JPG
IMG_048123.JPG
IMG_046723.JPG
IMG_046628.JPG
IMG_046522.JPG
IMG_045620.JPG
IMG_045424.JPG
IMG_044717.JPG
IMG_044322.JPG
IMG_044420.JPG
IMG_044517.JPG

First of all the soil looks very wet and that could cause the problems you are experiencing. Are there any drainage holes at the bottom of those cups? If not, then that will significantly slow down the growth of your plants since they will not be able to dry out and get enough oxygen to the roots.

First of all the soil looks very wet and that could cause the problems you are experiencing. Are there any drainage holes at the bottom of those cups? If not, then that will significantly slow down the growth of your plants since they will not be able to dry out and get enough oxygen to the roots.

for sure man, they have big ones... also i only water them once a day the small ones and the big one i only water it nse every 3 days!

Hi Rachamel.

I've got to agree with ColoradoHigh that even recognizing that in some of the photo's the plants had been recently watered, I think your overwatering them. I know it's hard to force yourself to do, but you really need to let the soil dry out a little more. I also suggest that you shoot for a PH more in the 6.2 to 6.8 range rather than 5-6. Is that PH of the water, soil, or run off?

I like your grow box, but isn't it going to get crowded pretty quickly?

everything looks awfully wet and I notice the plant looks wet too
its not necessary to foliar feed and it will and can show nute burns and light burns because the
water can concentrate the light

I did not see what kind of soil you are using. Plants that young need very very little nutes. Most soils have more then enough if not to much. Some times you can get nute burn on seedlings from the nutes in soil. Other then that cut any nutes off for a week and only water when needed.

Hi Rachamel.

I've got to agree with ColoradoHigh that even recognizing that in some of the photo's the plants had been recently watered, I think your overwatering them. I know it's hard to force yourself to do, but you really need to let the soil dry out a little more. I also suggest that you shoot for a PH more in the 6.2 to 6.8 range rather than 5-6. Is that PH of the water, soil, or run off?

I like your grow box, but isn't it going to get crowded pretty quickly?

ok so i have to stop water it, right ? or at least i only water it when its completely dry ... its the water ph not the soil i dont know the soil ph or how to control it ... and yah im building a new grow box bigger one to move them to it ... this is just for seedling

I did not see what kind of soil you are using. Plants that young need very very little nutes. Most soils have more then enough if not to much. Some times you can get nute burn on seedlings from the nutes in soil. Other then that cut any nutes off for a week and only water when needed.

am using all mix BIOBIZZZ soil and not givn them any nute so far :D thanx

rachamel, yes I would wait until the soil is pretty dry before watering again. If you have the ability to adjust the PH of the water, I'd shoot for something in the mid 6's.

ok so i have to stop water it, right ? or at least i only water it when its completely dry ... its the water ph not the soil i dont know the soil ph or how to control it ... and yah im building a new grow box bigger one to move them to it ... this is just for seedling

i will rais up the ph to 7 ...will make sure about that... also i have something els.... the roots start getting out the holes down the pot should i start transplant it or wait?!!

You want pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil. Try to keep the water droplets off your plant, water droplets can magnify the light and burn your leaves.

Here is a nutrient availability chart

pH_chart7.jpg

Mmm...

Apart from the over watering, ya really don't have to water every day with plants that size other wise you may encounter other problems & would suggest every few days at least !

You may wish to learn the difference between weights of dry pot to a wet pot of soil but they is always the ol finger method to gauge moisture content of the growing medium !

How ever being a Biobizz all mix grower myself, i know the soil/compost comes in at around PH 6.6 & EC 2.2 (2200 EC) its the EC level really ya should be concerned about ! ( stated on the bag it self )

Tis a tad hot for a seedling which may suggest a little nutrient burn on the leafs... but not fatal !

But i may suggest using Biobizz light mix for seedling propagation or a suitable pellet type thing like jiffy pellets or root riot cubes for germinating seedlings before being transplanted to a soil/compost which may well be pre loaded with nutrients.

After having germination issue with Jiffy peat moss pucks and soil I switched to Rapid Rooters and have had much higher germination rates. Rapid Rooters seem to provide the seed with the perfect amount of air and moisture. I soak my seeds in pH adjusted water for 30-36 hours or until i see tap roots. I cut the Rapid Rooter mat into individual squares then I soak the Rapid Rooter squares in pH adjusted water for 15 minutes before use. then I the seeds into the Rapid Rooter square then place them underneath a light with 18/6 18 hours of light and 6 hours of darkness. I do not use a humidity dome. I hand water with a syringe each day to keep the Rapid Rooter square moist. when I see roots emerge from the Rapid Rooter square I transplant to 5" pots in a mixture of peat moss, perlite, vermiculite and mycorrhizae.

https://generalhydroponics.com Rapid Rooter

https://www.perfectgardens.com gh rapid rooter mat 98

https://www.accesshydroponic.com rapid rooter mat

Back
Top Bottom