Height dilemma

Skunk junk

I have a 4x4x80" grow tent....if I grow my super skunk strain (indica), and I have been reading posts that in the flowering stage the plant could potentially double in size.....if that happens, I won't have enough room for the light because I'm running a 1200w COB LED and if it gets too close I'll be having a THC BBQ....won't I? Need assistance....thanks.

Read up on stress training. You can even bend your tall stem down to a point where the stem cracks and is bendable. I'm not skilled in this and have never done it but if you do your research you should be able to lower the height of your plant.

Height & stretch is can be an issue even for the tallest of tents when growing a new strain !

I've used super cropping before when stretch was an issue in mid to later flowering - loads of bud swell to close to hps, basically pinch the stem a few to several inch of each below main cola getting to close the light source.

The pinch needs to be strong enough to crush the stem with out snapping off completely & to bend over... sounds scary ah, just need the faith :green_heart:

You can always super crop if the plant gets to tall.
Height & stretch is can be an issue even for the tallest of tents when growing a new strain !

I've used super cropping before when stretch was an issue in mid to later flowering - loads of bud swell to close to hps, basically pinch the stem a few to several inch of each below main cola getting to close the light source.

The pinch needs to be strong enough to crush the stem with out snapping off completely & to bend over... sounds scary ah, just need the faith :green_heart:
Ahh man....yea, it does sound scary. I've started to pull down a few of the small branches already...hopefully they will be trained in the early stage of veg and by the time they reach flowering I should be good.

I actually caused one plant to actually change directions of one branch by accident and thought it was done for but, it changed directions and kept right on growing....thanks pennywise.

Read up on stress training. You can even bend your tall stem down to a point where the stem cracks and is bendable. I'm not skilled in this and have never done it but if you do your research you should be able to lower the height of your plant.
OK....another question, how tall do you let your plants get before you begin flowering,....I was thinking about 30 days of heavy feedings on 18/6 light cycle....I know the longer I veg them the more I will reap but, I'm thinking about flowering in a couple of weeks....good idea or not?

Using a scrog net is one of the easiest ways to help control height problems. Just a idea you might want to look into when you get free time.

Both of my tents are under 6 feet in height so I'm used to flowering FAST. TRAIN, train, and MORE training. I recently had to put 5 plants that were outside, inside, and with the transplant to a bigger pot, coming inside from SUN, and almost immediately flipping the plants without the plants being established in the bigger pot, STRETCHED to the moon. In my experience, when I flip plants that have been in the final desired pot for awhile, you get normal manageable stretch. If I flip after transplant, it's a whole DIFFERENT story. Here's a few pictures of my OGK momma 6 days into flip(NOT so Auto). Maximizing the little space that you have is the KEY. Outdoors, it's TOO easy to grow monsters with open air and or space.

OK....another question, how tall do you let your plants get before you begin flowering,....I was thinking about 30 days of heavy feedings on 18/6 light cycle....I know the longer I veg them the more I will reap but, I'm thinking about flowering in a couple of weeks....good idea or not?

I grow Autos so there's no switching to flowering. But when I did grow Photos I used to veg for 5-6 weeks.

I personally like 6-7 weeks total, my last Photo's went 45 days(from surfacing, so two weeks seedling, 4-5 Veg) and were just about perfect size. I prefer more smaller plants around 30 inches tall, some like to grow BIG monsters inside. Braggin' rights only for BIG plants, more smaller plants indoor usually equal more BUD(multiple root systems).

I personally like 6-7 weeks total, my last Photo's went 45 days(from surfacing, so two weeks seedling, 4-5 Veg) and were just about perfect size. I prefer more smaller plants around 30 inches tall, some like to grow BIG monsters inside. Braggin' rights only for BIG plants, more smaller plants indoor usually equal more BUD(multiple root systems).

Back
Top Bottom