Got a dilemma on my mind

wild1

:Namaste:

Hi guys. Huh it's been a while since i posted anything, and now i got a dilemma on my mind.
I have power plant strain under 250w MH lamp at the moment, vegging. I had numerous problems with my grow, considering it was my 1st attempt. Well, after all my fail&learn situations, i've learned quite a bit, and still have a lot to learn, but now i need an advice.

This is my PP, she's a female :cheer:, i'm lst'ing her, pictures are taken without the lst. She's 12" in diameter, and her height is about 9-10", can't measure it exactly since she's bended, but lets round it up to 10".
My temps are about 86F during the day, which is a wohooo situation, since where i live temps go up to 102-104F during this easy summer ^^, rH is 40-60%.

DSC042991.JPG

DSC043002.JPG

DSC043012.JPG

DSC043032.JPG

DSC043022.JPG

My dilemma is, can i veg this plant for 3 more weeks? I was thinking of vegging it for 3 more weeks, then put into 12/12. Now, my height restriction is 5 feet, width 31,5". Situation why i'm asking this is, i'm probably going away for 2 1/2 weeks. She will be under care, as in watering and checking the situation is ok. Now what i don't want to do is put her into flower and then go away, because i think i need to be there during that starting period to check on her, look out on the stretch and whatnot.

So guys, advice is highly appreciated.

P.S. I'm sorry, didn't know where to put this topic, so if i missed a sub-forum, please move it to appropriate sub-forum.

Re: Got a dilemma on my mind.

You can keep your plant vegged as long as you like :thumb: mother plants are kept in constant veg & some people may keep a mother plant for more than a year in veg.

I've certainly kept plants in veg for more 8 to 12 weeks in the past and have kept them in stunted growth by keeping them in smaller pot as not to over crowd growing area before commencing vegging to a more suitable high with out ill effect in flowering.

Re: Got a dilemma on my mind.

The longer you veg, the higher the yield will be in the end, generally speaking :) I usually take my plants at least 2 months veg from clone. Just check around to see if other's have grown that strain and how much it stretches. LST and Supercropping can always be used to control height if she gets a little too big but looks like you have plenty of room for her to get another 2-3 weeks of veg in :)

Thanks for the reply's, i needed some input and i'm glad i got it to ensure me i was making the right decision :)
Yea, i'v founded some power plant strain journals, and well, one can only hope this dominant sativa doesn't stretch much.
Mind me asking maybe few more questions here? Now i'm going to assume "go for it" :D

Should i change to HPS bulb immediately when i flip to 12/12, or as i'v read it here, its wise to use MH bulb during first two weeks of flower to lessen the strech? My second question is, as i'v looked trough journals, that before u flip to 12/12, u give plant's some extra dark hours?

Many thanks..

To reduce the stretch leaving the MH in will help with that, not by much, but it will help.

I've heard of people giving the dark period, I've personally never done it and still ended up with great results... I think the dark thing is more of a personal preference, I've never seen any organized study's about it.

Yeah id let her Veg for few weeks, as said let her grow some more for size, you shouldnt have to worry bout it getting to 6ft if youre LST ing, she ll grow more dense and youll reap more bud at harvest. Goodluk and Happy Harvesting;)

Back
Top Bottom