Hello all from MI: New to serious growing

MIhomeSmoke

ryone,
Long time smoker here. New to growing seriously now. MI has been on board with medical Marijuana for some time now. Now its finally legal for recreational use and to grow. Its been a very long time coming and now its time for people to act more responsible in keeping it that way. I grew in the past while growing up in my younger days. Never thought I'd be able to grow 12 plants legally. Not that I need to have that many. So on my first attempt at growing from some seeds I had. Things were going good. Made one big mistake. I waited and should have cloned earlier in veg stage to find if I had females. Oh 3 looked beautiful. But sadly 1 of 4 were female and it was the sickly one. While the clones were doing their thing of rooting and flowering. I was starting to scrog the others. Then the clones told me. Damn. Males. Cut it all down and into the trash. Starting over was my best choice. Cut my losses early. So for my next ones I picked up some Bruce Banner from 420. I bought the feminized ones. Not messing around this time. Learning things I was never taught from others that grow. Now I see how wrong they were. Learning a ton of very useful information in several different sites. Love coming to this site. One of the best ones out here. I recognize areas that I am doing wrong. Areas I can improve on. Using soil. While I see how hydroponic is great. Costs are too high for me. Plus haven't seen a decent unit that doesn't leak at some time down the road. Have a great meter for PH / TDS. Just now found that I need to change from using tap water to distilled water and adjusting things from there. Not bad. Already have the stuff for that. So far things are going good with the three I have going. They are young. At their 5th set of 7 now.
Getting ready to top when they hit their 6th set. Hit all 3 with Cal-Mag by leaf feeding only recently. Went good. No burning at the tips. Doing the same with the nitrogen also. The nitrogen is at a reduced amount as I know better. So with the advantage of being here. I know my grow will be better. Live and learn and not make the same mistakes. Thanks to all that want us newbies successfully harvest a decent crop. I only grow for personal use. Again. Thank you all for the information you provide for us.
Sincerely,
MIhomeSmoke

ryone,
Long time smoker here. New to growing seriously now. MI has been on board with medical Marijuana for some time now. Now its finally legal for recreational use and to grow. Its been a very long time coming and now its time for people to act more responsible in keeping it that way. I grew in the past while growing up in my younger days. Never thought I'd be able to grow 12 plants legally. Not that I need to have that many. So on my first attempt at growing from some seeds I had. Things were going good. Made one big mistake. I waited and should have cloned earlier in veg stage to find if I had females. Oh 3 looked beautiful. But sadly 1 of 4 were female and it was the sickly one. While the clones were doing their thing of rooting and flowering. I was starting to scrog the others. Then the clones told me. Damn. Males. Cut it all down and into the trash. Starting over was my best choice. Cut my losses early. So for my next ones I picked up some Bruce Banner from 420. I bought the feminized ones. Not messing around this time. Learning things I was never taught from others that grow. Now I see how wrong they were. Learning a ton of very useful information in several different sites. Love coming to this site. One of the best ones out here. I recognize areas that I am doing wrong. Areas I can improve on. Using soil. While I see how hydroponic is great. Costs are too high for me. Plus haven't seen a decent unit that doesn't leak at some time down the road. Have a great meter for PH / TDS. Just now found that I need to change from using tap water to distilled water and adjusting things from there. Not bad. Already have the stuff for that. So far things are going good with the three I have going. They are young. At their 5th set of 7 now.
Getting ready to top when they hit their 6th set. Hit all 3 with Cal-Mag by leaf feeding only recently. Went good. No burning at the tips. Doing the same with the nitrogen also. The nitrogen is at a reduced amount as I know better. So with the advantage of being here. I know my grow will be better. Live and learn and not make the same mistakes. Thanks to all that want us newbies successfully harvest a decent crop. I only grow for personal use. Again. Thank you all for the information you provide for us.
Sincerely,
MIhomeSmoke
Welcome to 420 Magazine on fellow michigander! Good to see you here and hope to see some grow journals in the future.

ryone,
Sincerely,
MIhomeSmoke
Great to have you here! I'm new as well but you can find great information here. Very helpful people as well. Good luck to you!

I love my Michigan home! And if I ever move from here I will be keeping a home here. Good luck on your new hobby/love/pride booster!!!!

Back
Top Bottom