Hello Friends! Time to come out and say High!

Thanks @KeithLemon. All that I know came from this site and the community and an old copy of Rosenthal's "Marijuana Growers Handbook" circa 1984. Add technology and the kind folks on this site and even an old geek like me can grow my own medicine.
Cheers!
/bg
It's cool how so many people are in their 50's and 60's on this site. When I started on this site, I thought I would be to old. But come to find out there are lots of old stoners and Non stoners here.

Vivosun☀️
I use nothing but @VIVOSUN
They are a Terrific sponsors, talk to Nico for your discount. :thumb: Here @VIVOSUN
I've got an 8" exhaust fan I ran 24/7 for 4 years in my flower room I put it in the greenhouse this summer 24/7 and it still runs like the day I bought it.
You will be hard pressed to find another company who's equipment will give you that kind of performance.
Speaking of which, quality equipment is always your best investment Seriously !!
Read this, my first sponsored light was a cheap company.
They don't exist anymore.

Talk soon.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

Thanks @KeithLemon. All that I know came from this site and the community and an old copy of Rosenthal's "Marijuana Growers Handbook" circa 1984. Add technology and the kind folks on this site and even an old geek like me can grow my own medicine.
Cheers!
/bg

that was the first how to help i ever had as well. think my version was from 1979. i know there are earlier versions as well. it used to be illegal to sell, or at least restricted. i had to buy through a shop that got it sent in, they wrapped it in brown paper and wouldn't let me take it out of the store unless it was concealed lol

edit : we used to photocopy entire sections to give to my friends. people used to sell bootleg copies of that book at one point.

that was the first how to i help i ever had as well. think my version was from 1979. i know there are earlier versions as well. it used to be illegal to sell, or at least restricted. i had to buy through a shop that got it sent in, they wrapped it in brown paper and wouldn't let me take it out of the store unless it was concealed lol
Imagine that a book illegal what the hell were they thinking. Thank God times have changed at least for some of us, there are still to many states where cannabis is not legal. I and a lot of others appreciate your sharing your knowledge. Reading long write ups is difficult for me because I am dyslexic, so your help means even more to me. This site opens the doors for growing to me. Before I found 420 I had very little chance of ever-growing cannabis. with your help and others, I now have some idea of what I am doing so thanks.

I and a lot of others appreciate your sharing your knowledge.

that's why everyone is here. we all help each other.

Reading long write ups is difficult for me because I am dyslexic, so your help means even more to me. This site opens the doors for growing to me. Before I found 420 I had very little chance of ever-growing cannabis. with your help and others, I now have some idea of what I am doing so thanks.

i have adhd and a couple other learning problems so know your struggle. there is a direct co-relation between learning issues and cannabis growing. lots of folk who fell through the cracks wound up in the industry.

you're not on your own here. :)

that's why everyone is here. we all help each other.

i have adhd and a couple other learning problems so know your struggle. there is a direct co-relation between learning issues and cannabis growing. lots of folk who fell through the cracks wound up in the industry.

you're not on your own here. :)
Thats funny because I was working part time at a dispensary and loved it but they layed off 70% of the work force the day after Christmas. I keep calling them to get recalled and hope it will happen in the next couple months.

Thats funny because I was working part time at a dispensary and loved it but they layed off 70% of the work force the day after Christmas. I keep calling them to get recalled and hope it will happen in the next couple months.

i'd suggest looking more at management positions and getting some standard business training. ag/horticulture is another area that is in demand.

i'd suggest looking more at management positions and getting some standard business training. ag/horticulture is another area that is in demand.
I was working in horticulture. I am retired so part time is all I wanted. I retired from the aerospace industry.

I was working in horticulture. I retired from the aerospace industry.

look at growing facilities and not retail. up here they'd have fist fights to get you with that experience. the industry is contracting, but everyone is still looking for the higher knowledge positions. not part time though.

otherwise just float resumes at any available dispensary. there's a few here and they are always looking. they pay less than McDonalds lol.

look at growing facilities and not retail. up here they'd have fist fights to get you with that experience. the industry is contracting, but everyone is still looking for the higher knowledge positions. not part time though.

otherwise just float resumes at any available dispensary. there's a few here and they are always looking. they pay less than McDonalds lol.
The money did not matter to me, but they were paying $18.85 an hour to start and that was fine for me I would have taken less. I just wanted to learn but the job turned out to nothing but fun. I also made joints did some trim work. I had my hands in weed 7 hours a day, but I only worked 3 days a week and the dispensary was less than 5 minutes away. I would go home for lunch every day. It was a great job and I loved it. In fact, I called them today, but they are not calling back yet, but Dan told me I would get a call as soon as they do. I was the oldest person there.

that was the first how to help i ever had as well. think my version was from 1979. i know there are earlier versions as well. it used to be illegal to sell, or at least restricted. i had to buy through a shop that got it sent in, they wrapped it in brown paper and wouldn't let me take it out of the store unless it was concealed lol

edit : we used to photocopy entire sections to give to my friends. people used to sell bootleg copies of that book at one point.
Yes! That's how these old stoners roll!!

I was in the military and had to hide and cover my copy during moves, etc -- not sure if it was verboten, but I couldn't afford to be under the microscope. It felt so subversive to read and learn.

Vivosun☀️
I use nothing but @VIVOSUN
They are a Terrific sponsors, talk to Nico for your discount. :thumb: Here @VIVOSUN
I've got an 8" exhaust fan I ran 24/7 for 4 years in my flower room I put it in the greenhouse this summer 24/7 and it still runs like the day I bought it.
You will be hard pressed to find another company who's equipment will give you that kind of performance.
Speaking of which, quality equipment is always your best investment Seriously !!
Read this, my first sponsored light was a cheap company.
They don't exist anymore.

Talk soon.

Bill284 😎
Right on! @Bill284 I like their price/quality a lot.

Right on! @Bill284 I like their price/quality a lot.
They have some very reasonably priced equipment.
Quality is top notch too. :thumb:
And you get a discount.
Can't beat that.

Bill284 😎

i'm just happy they continue to be sponsors. there are some quality sponsors here but we've lost a couple good ones as well.

Howdy @HashGirl - thank you! If you would share a link to your tutorials, that would be awesome. I love the resources and help that the community shares so freely. I think that's what sets this tribe apart from other sites and forums. I love that you are a new grow girl and will follow along and tag you on my attempts for sure. Here's to successful gardening!👩‍🌾

Cheers! /bg

Actually all of these are on my personal computer. However, I've just spent an hour or so copying them into a blog called Navigating 420 Magazine. Let me know if you have any questions.

Back
Top Bottom