Hello Friends! Time to come out and say High!

budgrlll

420 Member
Hello everyone! Please allow me to introduce myself...

Budgrlll here from VA. I've been lurking for years, soaking up the wisdom. Virginia adopted medical cannabis and legal to grow at home laws -- recreational still pending. I grew 2 pots last year and had the best time with the girls and they were good to me -- I'm retired and loving my new hobby.
I've been online since forever and this has to be the most civil, supportive group of folks I've had the pleasure to follow. From years ago till now -- a vibe so inclusive and helpful.
I hope to get out of the newbie grow closet and share this year's attempt at 4 pots! I surprised myself, but a lot of the knowledge and guidance came from reading this site.

Peace and Love to yall from Budgrlll

:peace::green_heart:❤️

Budgrlll here from VA. I've been lurking for years, soaking up the wisdom. Virginia adopted medical cannabis and legal to grow at home laws -- recreational still pending. I grew 2 pots last year and had the best time with the girls and they were good to me -- I'm retired and loving my new hobby.
I've been online since forever and this has to be the most civil, supportive group of folks I've had the pleasure to follow. From years ago till now -- a vibe so inclusive and helpful.
I hope to get out of the newbie grow closet and share this year's attempt at 4 pots! I surprised myself, but a lot of the knowledge and guidance came from reading this site.

Welcome to the @420 Magazine family @budgrlll. The best pro-cannabis/growing site on the internet. CL🍀 :welcome: :party::theband::cheer::420:

Welcome to 420mag buddy you already know how great this site is but it's time to get involved! Theirs always so much going. what did you grow in your two pot grow? It's great having a hobby that you benefit from isn't it... Look forward to seeing you around ✌🏽

Welcome to 420 Magazine @budgrlll

What type of growing do you do? soil, water, or something else?
Do you have the seeds and equipment to get started again?

Here's some helpful info.

Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

Here is some information if you would like to start a a grow journal How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link. This is where you place your journal.

Journals in Progress

Current and Ongoing
www.420magazine.com

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contest to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests
Win Cool 420 Prizes
www.420magazine.com

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

Hi Everyone! Thank you for the greetings Bluter, Cap'n, Greenvein, TokeNRoll, and R Runner :) This is truly a newb origin story! Mistakes were made and lessons learned! LOL
I cobbled together a set up last year that evolved as the girls grew. My neighbor gave me 4 seedlings:
1683203716069.jpeg

Family was heading on vacay the next day! We make garden in the summer here, so I knew (kinda) how to foster seelings but alas we failed to keep the two on the right alive. At the vacay rental, we created a little seedling house with a tomato container and kept it under a 75w light bulb. We got home and I repotted in solo cups with the soil mixture below and put them under a LED desk lamp until I could make a home for them.

I'm ashamed to tell yall that we lost the strain labels. Total rookie mistake...BUT we had two left so I McGuyvered a little grow box out of IKEA shelves and emergency blankets. I used this soil mixture from a senior grower:
- 4 c. vermiculite
- 6 c. perlite
- 1 c. top soil (Scotts Premium Top Soil)
- 1 c. peat moss

Oh, and I invested in the Vivosun VS1000, a clip on fan and the Fox Farm trio. My neighbor went out of town for a couple weeks and I baby sat his clone machine (OxyClone) and tended the two girls. (The plant on the left, we think is a The Don Mega.)
The label on the 3 gal pots is "required" by VA law. My name, D/L Number and what not that "must" be on all personal plants.🙄

1683204198235.jpeg

1683204903161.jpeg

As they girls grew they demanded a better home, I so stayed with Vivosun and got the 4x4 tent. Added another fan. I used FF during veg per instructions 1x per week. The girls seemed to like to get some real sun so I would put them out during really nice days.

1683205218883.jpeg

They kept growing!!l

1683205284886.jpeg

1683205352161.jpeg

1683205413167.jpeg

I harvested after approximately 120 days. My neighbor taught me how to use a jewelers eyepiece to know when to chop.

That's Budgrlll's two pot adventure. The girls gave me 4 quart jars of buds that are quite tasty. The Purple People Pleaser (The Dom Mega?) is quite potent and good evening medicine. The nameless girl is a nice daily toke.

Thanks for reading, fam. As with everything in my two pot trial. I feel a bit embarrassed that I didn't label or document as well as I will this year.
Future Plans? Got some seeds to try 4 pot grow: Granddaddy Purple, Grandmommy Purple, Zskittlez, and Gelato. I will read up on how to post a grow journal and will share with better progress pictures.

Cheers from VA! Thanks again for this community!
/bg ❤️ :green_heart: :peace:

Welcome to 420Magazine my friend. :welcome::high-five::ciao:
Glad you enjoy growing.
Hopefully you enjoy yourself here and become one of the family.
If there's anything specific you need a had with I'm always around and would be glad to help. :thumb:
Talk soon. :passitleft:

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

Hi Everyone! Thank you for the greetings :) This is truly a newb origin story! Mistakes were made and lessons learned! LOL
I cobbled together a set up last year that evolved as the girls grew. My neighbor gave me 4 seedlings:
1683203716069.jpeg

Family was heading on vacay the next day! We make garden in the summer here, so I knew (kinda) how to foster seelings but alas we failed to keep the two on the right. At the rental, we created a little seedling house with a tomato container and kept it under a 75w light bulb.
I'm ashamed to tell yall that we lost the strain labels. Total rookie mistake...BUT when we got home, I McGuyvered a little grow box out of IKEA shelves and emergency blankets we had around. I used a soil mixture from a senior grower:
- 4 c. vermiculite
- 6 c. perlite
- 1 c. peat moss

Oh, and I invested in the Vivosun VS1000, a clip on fan and the Fox Farm trio. My neighbor went out of town for a couple weeks and I baby sat his clone machine (OxyClone) and tended the two girls. (The plant on the left, we think is a The Don Mega.)
The label on the pots is "required" by VA law. My name, D/L Number and what not that "must" be on all personal plants.🙄

1683204198235.jpeg

1683204903161.jpeg

As they girls grew they demanded a better home, I so stayed with Vivosun and got the 4x4 tent. Added another fan. I used FF during veg per instructions 1x per week. The girls seemed to like to get some real sun so I would put them out during really nice days.
Did you have any problems with pests after putting them outdoors? If so how did you treat them? CL🍀

Hi Everyone! Thank you for the greetings Bluter, Cap'n, Greenvein, TokeNRoll, and R Runner :) This is truly a newb origin story! Mistakes were made and lessons learned! LOL
1683203716069.jpeg

Family was heading on vacay the next day! We make garden in the summer here, so I knew (kinda) how to foster seelings but alas we failed to keep the two on the right alive. At the vacay rental, we created a little seedling house with a tomato container and kept it under a 75w light bulb. We got home and I repotted in solo cups with the soil mixture below and put them under a LED desk lamp until I could make a home for them.

I'm ashamed to tell yall that we lost the strain labels. Total rookie mistake...BUT we had two left so I McGuyvered a little grow box out of IKEA shelves and emergency blankets. I used this soil mixture from a senior grower:
- 4 c. vermiculite
- 6 c. perlite
- 1 c. peat moss

The label on the 3 gal pots is "required" by VA law. My name, D/L Number and what not that "must" be on all personal plants.🙄

1683204198235.jpeg

1683204903161.jpeg

1683205218883.jpeg

They kept growing!!l

1683205284886.jpeg

1683205352161.jpeg

1683205413167.jpeg

I harvested after approximately 120 days. My neighbor taught me how to use a jewelers eyepiece to know when to chop.

That's Budgrlll's two pot adventure. The girls gave me 4 quart jars of buds that are quite tasty. The Purple People Pleaser (The Dom Mega?) is quite potent and good evening medicine. The nameless girl is a nice daily toke.

Thanks for reading, fam. As with everything in my two pot trial. I feel a bit embarrassed that I didn't label or document as well as I will this year.
Future Plans? Got some seeds to try 4 pot grow: Granddaddy Purple, Grandmommy Purple, Zskittlez, and Gelato. I will read up on how to post a grow journal and will share with better progress pictures.

Cheers from VA! Thanks again for this community!
/bg ❤️ :green_heart: :peace:
Wow some beautiful plants your grew their mate especially when you started from nothing 👌🏽

Welcome to 420Magazine my friend. :welcome::high-five::ciao:
Glad you enjoy growing.
Hopefully you enjoy yourself here and become one of the family.
If there's anything specific you need a had with I'm always around and would be glad to help. :thumb:
Talk soon. :passitleft:

Bill284 😎
Thank you Bill284 - I will def lean on your knowledge as you can see I have a lot to learn!

:welcome: to the community, @budgrlll You look like you did a good job with your plants despite losing the labels.

If you start a journal, tag me. I'm always happy following a new grower as I'm a relatively new (3 years) grower as well.

And, if you need any help searching or using the website, I have some photo tutorials I can share if you need additional/non-grow help:

List of Photo Tutorials re 420 Mag Website.jpg

Thank you Bill284 - I will def lean on your knowledge as you can see I have a lot to learn!
I'd be happy to help with anything you need.
Is soil your preferred medium?
I'm a coco fan .
I'm always around.
If you need anything tag me like this. @Bill284
@budgrlll I get notified right away.
Have a great day.
Take care

Bill284 😎

:welcome: to the community, @budgrlll You look like you did a good job with your plants despite losing the labels.

If you start a journal, tag me. I'm always happy following a new grower as I'm a relatively new (3 years) grower as well.

And, if you need any help searching or using the website, I have some photo tutorials I can share if you need additional/non-grow help:

List of Photo Tutorials re 420 Mag Website.jpg
Howdy @HashGirl - thank you! If you would share a link to your tutorials, that would be awesome. I love the resources and help that the community shares so freely. I think that's what sets this tribe apart from other sites and forums. I love that you are a new grow girl and will follow along and tag you on my attempts for sure. Here's to successful gardening!👩‍🌾

Cheers! /bg

I'd be happy to help with anything you need.
Is soil your preferred medium?
I'm a coco fan .
I'm always around.
If you need anything tag me like this. @Bill284
@budgrlll I get notified right away.
Have a great day.
Take care

Bill284 😎
@Bill284 Thanks for the tag tip and the kind offer of help. You know I'll be reaching out to y'all as I try to up my game here. I think the grow gods were with me on the 2 pot trial! I've read about Coco but will do more research. Your grows are super impressive!
Looking at adding the Vivosun Inline fan to the tent. When the 2 pot girls were fragrant - and with the tent in the basement, friends would walk in and tag me immediately with 'smells like weed in here' 😂. Is this a wise investment?

Cheers!
/bg

Back
Top Bottom