Hello from Down Under - First indoor grow about to commence

Ignotus

Hi everyone!

I've been trawling different forums for a week or so now, and this seems like it's filled with so much support and positivity I had to join and share my experiences.
I'm in my mid 30's and smoked a bit when I was a teenager and into my early 20's before I just stopped. No particular reason, maybe because I found surfing and it just became my new high in life.
I've got a bit of scoliosis... it's quite mild, however it does give me muscular problems that can stop me doing much, sometimes for a week or two. I've been taking over the counter painkillers on and off but I've decided I don't want to touch them anymore if I can avoid it. I'm lucky that I don't have an addictive personality so I can quite easily stop things before they become a problem.

So currently I have shoulder tendonitis, which means no surfing for a while. I tried some weed to see if it would help with my shoulder pain, and it really did. However, when I got a hold of the next bit of weed it had some strange effects... i had a toke on a joint, and felt pretty high. However over the next two hours, I would get heavy rushes on and off and physical feelings though my arms and face, that were horrible to say the least. It didn't feel like any weed I'd had before, in fact it reminded me of some synthetic "stuff" I had tried, and hated. I started thinking, shit has this been sprayed with something? I didn't even feel right the next day.

Anyway... long story short, I've decided to grow my own so I know exactly what's gone into it. Also, I need something to take my mind off not being able to surf for the time being, and this is the perfect little project.

I intend to do a grow journal when my seeds arrive in the next couple of days, so please join in and comment if you can!

I will be doing a small grow with a 2 x 2 x 4 ft tend, 200w cfl light (one of each spectrum) plus two 24w cfl blue spectrum for extra spread with flowering. I have a 100mm carbon filter, and exhaust fan, plus some canna bio vega and flora. Growing in two 10.5l square pots in soil and plan on using lst and a scrog.
I got a bit excited and have quite a few seeds on the way, hahah. I'll have to store them carefully so they are still viable in years to come.

I've gone on enough, hope to see you guys around the forums, cheers!

Hello from Down Under, first indoor grow about commence

Hello depecid- and a big 420Mag welcome from me

:welcome:
:party:
:passitleft:

I'm a surfer too! :surf: I have a 9'25" McTavish Fireball, fibreglass. :love: I also understand what it's like to not be able to go out, it's a very sad thing so I'm pleased you've found such an excellent project to fill that space. Growing meds will likely help you get back out there sooner too!

420 is a great place, I think you made a very good choice. The help and support around here is second to none, the sponsors are awesome and very supportive also, and the admin team keep the site and the forums really classy, IMHO :Namaste:

It sounds like you do pretty good research and have a good plan already. I look forward to following your journal once it gets going. A journal is really a great way to get help and support. That said, you can post questions etc in most folks threads, people like it for the most part and are always willing to help if they can. I'd also recommend checking into the Medical Cannabis forums and the oil making community here (SweetSue's threads are probably the best place to start for that). There are heaps of peopl making medicinal oil for themselves and other to treat and heal all sorts of issues, and pain is a big one. There's a also a thread on topicals for pain relief (and skin care actually - Cann is is magical for the complexion). Not to discount getting high of course - there's lots of that too.

I'm growing outdoors at the moment, but tried a little indoor auto last winter that went ok and I plan to do another indoor run next winter. As you'd guess from the fact I'm growing outdoors now, I'm Southern hemisphere too, SE AUs to be exact, where the surfing is fine :rollit: My last wave was almost exactly 18months ago and I remember it like it was yesterday. It's a double edged memory 'cause it wa a beautiful long and gentle ride at a rivermouth, and it was also the moment when I knew there was something really wrong with my legs! I've sme kind of neuro-immune condition, won't go into it here, but yeah - growing has filled the surfing space for me somewhat too so I had to jump in and say hi and WELCOME. I hope your time at 420 is as awesome as mine is. Keep us posted when your journal starts (post a link to it here and I'll get a notice - when you reply to thread, the system automatically subscribes you to it. You can edit your subscriptions and notifications in the user Settings section of the site). I'll pop back over and drop some links to those medicinal threads...

:surf::surf::yummy::volcano-smiley:

Edit:
First, here's some site resources in case you haven't found them yet:

How to Make a Grow Journal

This one is a bit out of date at the start. The place to find the upload section is now under the Entertainment tab>Gallery>upload photos. But the rest of it is accurate.
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Plus, the site guidelines and other resources are actually stickied in the grow journals room
Journals in Progress

SweetSue's threads: there are a few so I figured I'd just link you the the list - scroll to the last post of the thread if this linking doesn't take you there

And this one...
Magnus8's Canna Cream - Body Butter - & Canna Lotion Study Hall

Hey mate! How the bloody hell are ya?! You on the east coast like me or over in WA? I'm in central Queensland, the weather isn't that great for indoor growing unless you can cool the space but I've just got a portable aircon on a temp sensor. These are my girls atm, shiva shanti and a white widow, don't know what's the problem with my seedlings.
4bbf20fde726d89a974dfd9adc89ba5c.jpg

Hi guys! Thanks for the warm welcome.
Amy, thanks sooooo much for all that info, ill be sinking my teeth into it tonight. I haven't had a chance to yet as i have two small children which makes it hard to do.... anything!
I'm sorry to hear about your circumstance, i hope you are dealing with it ok. I can relate about mind surfing, i do it almost every night and it helps me get to sleep. I also have a mal (9'6) but i mostly surf shortboards and i have a 5'4 twin fin fish that i love when it's clean.

Merkle420, hey mate! Yea I'm on the east coast too, bit further south that you though. I love the look of your girls, how do you find the led lights? I was going to go this route but was worried about the noise they give off as my setup is in my shed next to two neighbors. I'm a bit worried about the heat also, as it has been 40 in the shed lately, but the tent rarely exceeds 30 if i keep the light off, so I'm thinking of running the lights overnight and off during the hottest part of the day.

Hi guys! Thanks for the warm welcome.
Amy, thanks sooooo much for all that info, ill be sinking my teeth into it tonight. I haven't had a chance to yet as i have two small children which makes it hard to do.... anything!
I'm sorry to hear about your circumstance, i hope you are dealing with it ok. I can relate about mind surfing, i do it almost every night and it helps me get to sleep. I also have a mal (9'6) but i mostly surf shortboards and i have a 5'4 twin fin fish that i love when it's clean.

Merkle420, hey mate! Yea I'm on the east coast too, bit further south that you though. I love the look of your girls, how do you find the led lights? I was going to go this route but was worried about the noise they give off as my setup is in my shed next to two neighbors. I'm a bit worried about the heat also, as it has been 40 in the shed lately, but the tent rarely exceeds 30 if i keep the light off, so I'm thinking of running the lights overnight and off during the hottest part of the day.

I just had a look on eBay and saw reviews on vipar spectra and for the price it was a no brainer, my first grow I got just under 1G/watt, so for a cheapish led its doing something right! These don't heat up my space often, and are extremely quiet, can't hear them running unless your literally a few mm away, I've got 5 so far and haven't had a problem with them haha.
I had heat problems aswell as the room faces west and use to get up to 38 in summer without anything running but I got a small portable AC and bought a plug in thermostat off eBay and set it to keep the temp around 24-28 and it works amazingly.

I just had a look on eBay and saw reviews on vipar spectra and for the price it was a no brainer, my first grow I got just under 1G/watt, so for a cheapish led its doing something right! These don't heat up my space often, and are extremely quiet, can't hear them running unless your literally a few mm away, I've got 5 so far and haven't had a problem with them haha.
I had heat problems aswell as the room faces west and use to get up to 38 in summer without anything running but I got a small portable AC and bought a plug in thermostat off eBay and set it to keep the temp around 24-28 and it works amazingly.
Nice, they are really cheap! What size did you get? The 450 looks ideal for me, once i have a few grows under my belt i might give them a try myself!

Nice set up there Merkle420. I'm from CQ also. Depcid Welcome aboard Ill be watching with interest. I have grown a bit both outdoors and indoors. After a 30 or so year hiatus im taking the plunge again. I hope all goes well for you.

Nice set up there Merkle420. I'm from CQ also. Depcid Welcome aboard Ill be watching with interest. I have grown a bit both outdoors and indoors. After a 30 or so year hiatus im taking the plunge again. I hope all goes well for you.
Thanks PapaSmurfAU. I've started my journal however I'm yet to lean how to find and link it. Will do so soon, although not much to report as of yet.

Hi everyone!

I've been trawling different forums for a week or so now, and this seems like it's filled with so much support and positivity I had to join and share my experiences.
I'm in my mid 30's and smoked a bit when I was a teenager and into my early 20's before I just stopped. No particular reason, maybe because I found surfing and it just became my new high in life.
I've got a bit of scoliosis... it's quite mild, however it does give me muscular problems that can stop me doing much, sometimes for a week or two. I've been taking over the counter painkillers on and off but I've decided I don't want to touch them anymore if I can avoid it. I'm lucky that I don't have an addictive personality so I can quite easily stop things before they become a problem.

So currently I have shoulder tendonitis, which means no surfing for a while. I tried some weed to see if it would help with my shoulder pain, and it really did. However, when I got a hold of the next bit of weed it had some strange effects... i had a toke on a joint, and felt pretty high. However over the next two hours, I would get heavy rushes on and off and physical feelings though my arms and face, that were horrible to say the least. It didn't feel like any weed I'd had before, in fact it reminded me of some synthetic "stuff" I had tried, and hated. I started thinking, shit has this been sprayed with something? I didn't even feel right the next day.

Anyway... long story short, I've decided to grow my own so I know exactly what's gone into it. Also, I need something to take my mind off not being able to surf for the time being, and this is the perfect little project.

I intend to do a grow journal when my seeds arrive in the next couple of days, so please join in and comment if you can!

I will be doing a small grow with a 2 x 2 x 4 ft tend, 200w cfl light (one of each spectrum) plus two 24w cfl blue spectrum for extra spread with flowering. I have a 100mm carbon filter, and exhaust fan, plus some canna bio vega and flora. Growing in two 10.5l square pots in soil and plan on using lst and a scrog.
I got a bit excited and have quite a few seeds on the way, hahah. I'll have to store them carefully so they are still viable in years to come.

I've gone on enough, hope to see you guys around the forums, cheers!

Remember to consider thc targets pain and cbd targets inflammation.

Consider the right seeds for your needs?

Welcome to 420 hand s down lots of solid info out here and help.

See ya around any questions feel free to reach out .

70d46b9131db66d89d23d791715b0c17.jpg
2f42849b031729f1c1287885730e4915.jpg

Just a heads up as well smoked or consumed some blueberry last night the strain and I suffer from ddd in my t1to t5 area and chronic neck pains and sore backs . Anxiety and socializing.

Just so your aware I will be growing this strain out myself but want to cross it with a kush line for even more medical value.

Lots of time for me to figure stuff out .

Happy growing bud...

Back
Top Bottom