Hello! Help identifying a problem

kbobby420

Okay so I was told in a different thread that my question would be best suited here. My questions are if I post a couple pictures for you guys to see could you help me figure out what's wrong with the little guys?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using 420

Okay let's get started I posted pictures in my member gallery I believe that how you instructions told me to go about it.these are bag find all from pretty good strains I never kept a seed from something I didn't like. That the only problem though is the strains aren't identifiable. I am using organic sold 4 plants with 20 gallons of soil with awesome drainage no stagnate water get stuck in my pan because it all gets pumped out with a small water pump.i have 2 150 w hps Sunsystem lights I use a organics fetrz made by jobes haven't used but about a quarter scoop this fare yet though.its a closet grow with very good ventilation. Now here is where my problems began I had to change locations an I decided the best time to do this would be when I transplanted I to the big container an that's when those leaves started turning very light green. I did the move at night so I didn't bother the light schedule. Do you think I just put extra stress on them an that's what started it all or do I have a deficiency also?

You will want to post them here in this thread also. So a month from now when someone sees the thread they can see the pics. One of the buttons in the post interface looks like a camera. Hit that and click on the pics when they come up to post them.
It looks like overwatering to me. The yellow droopy leaves are a classic sign. You need to give the plants a wet dry cycle. Water heavy and then let them sit for awhile until the soil is fully dry. It may be hard with the big planter you transferred them into.

I just found how get a image on a thread after I upload the picture do I go an get the link an put it in between the 2 img/ things?
I've also thought about this but they seem to drain really well but being as deep as they are they're gonna hold moisture down deep correct? I've actually already started what you said to do where you get it very wet then give it a good dry run. Is they're anything I can do to help the lower soil dry faster or will I just have to water less?

Until the roots get big enough an deep enough to actually suck enough of it up?

Okay so after a few days an seeing what's going on with my soil I have concluded the big planters I had them in were just to big for the size of the plant an they were never going to dry at the bottom without a plant suckling up the water so I transplanted all 7 4 into 2 1/2 gal pots an 3 in 4 gal pots an I put dry soil around the wet root ball on the plants to try an suck some of the moisture out of the root ball so they can get back on track do you think these pots will be adequate or with I have to transplant again after they grow to the size that those pots can handle?

I know there is probably no sure fire way to tell but that being said will they're be any indications that it's time to water after going through this long dry period?

Okay just gonna give an update on what's going on so far . Out of the seven I had I only lost 1 do to carelessness it was my fault I was gonna take it out of the pot an put it in another because I only had 6 pots in the closer so one of the 4 gal pots had two plants in it so I took one of my plants (the worst one) I had by the way. Out of one of my 21/2 gal pots an I accidently messed up the root ball an some of the root got pulled off so it's doing really bad right now idk why I replanted it after I messed it up. Maybe just incase it wasn't to bad but anyway. So I have 6 in the closet now each has they're own pot that was the point of doing what I did an they are all doing great I have new leaves every day but they are just now hitting anywhere from 4-6 inches an none of the leaves have a true 7 leaf fan..
question though, at what age do plants start showing they're sex an should I remove the males an one of my females to try an get a second Gen of seeds? Or will my males produce seeds without sacrificing one of my females?

Also if I do sacrifice one of my females to make seeds will that female still make flower?

I understand I could search all of this stuff an get other people's opinions but you helped me out of the crappy spot I was in an I respect your opinion alot more then alot of Random post I've read through an tons say different things so I would just rather base my decision of your advice rather then someone elses opinions sorry if it's a nuesense.

Thanks for the compliments. Yeah I was wondering why you transplanted down but figured what's done is done ya know? I am glad they are coming back for you. I would take clones of all your plants. When the big plants show sex you can make seeds from the clones. You can do one male and one female if the plants are all of the same type.
I would wait to see the girl who is doing best in flower and choose the male who smells the most and who has a nice short bushy structure. You will start to see sex from plants about 1month into veg or later sometimes. It will show near the top of the plant. In my hunger games thread I have some examples of male and female pre flowers and where you find them.
There is a thread on the site about making a misting cloner. Should be pretty cheap and easy to do.

I really appreciate the help that you have given thus far. Turns out my only explanation was the soil I used had some sort of nutrient overload or crazy ph because the plants had a very hard time not turning yellow an dying as new leaves grew, out of 8 an a new seedling only 2 seem like they might be able to survive an that's what leads me to believe the soil is the culprit what else would cause it to only have a 15% chance to survive.

I am growing so tired of failing, which is what the last few weeks of me trying to grow has been. Idk if its the soil or what I'm changing my method.
I just ordered 4 dwc systems an all the gh nutes an ph level. I'm hoping this wasn't a bad move. If anyone has any experience with this type of setup I would love any advice I could get before they get here an I get balls in trying to change the entire process.i have 2 plants now 1 growing at what I would call a decent rate compared to the other an I have 2 seedling that I was trying to start to replaced the failed attempts, so what I'm asking is should I transplant the best seedling an my decent plant into this dwc system or should I start from seed again I'd live Input on this guy's I've been racking my brain with how I'm gonna go about it so I would like an outside opinion thanks guys

Back
Top Bottom