Help: bringing down the temps

Headchef710

Im currently running 4 600w HPS bulbs with dimable ballast which all are currently turned down to 400w as im struggling to bring down the heat the room.

The temp still sits around 33°C, there are 4 fans circulating the air in the room, 2 small the other 2 are are about 16" fans..

I have another 2 wall moutable fans coming aswell (do not have these yet).

Will adding more fans bring down the over temp in the room.. any help / tips on this guys would be greatly appreciated.

I control mine with a closed Hood. Exhaust suck fresh air from outside tent from a/c and fresh outside air. I run 600-1000watt depends and my temps stay 77-79 degrees.

I run an AC in my room and then pull that air into the tent. I exhaust back into the same room but I could exhaust outside to drop temps even lower.

Yeah you could exhaust right outside, could you pipe the AC right into the tent?

While also increasing your overall electricity consumption. Everything you send outside is replaced by outdoor air. If the outdoor air is outside your target parameters your going to pay to condition it whether that's heat/cool or (de)humidify.

Obviously there are portions of the year where free cooling with outdoor air is possible but that varys greatly by geography. Most of the folks in Arizona don't have outdoor air as a cooling option.

I use my central air to remove heat. My tents dump into my return duct, in the cooler months it keeps the furnace from cycling as much and allows me to turn it on about a month later than normal. Big savings on the propane bill.

Flip side is I turn the AC on about a month earlier but it has a much higher SEER (seasonal energy efficiency rating) than portable or window mount AC units do.
Your lights generate a fixed amount of heat per hour it only makes sense to use the most efficient means to deal with it. I could use a portable AC to move the same amount of heat but it would cost more to do that. Plus you have the cost of the equipment to include, with an average product life of 3-5 years the equipment alone costs any where from $80-150 USD a month, plus electricity.

Idk there's a lot of ways to do it, a dedicated portable AC is about the least efficient way though.

While also increasing your overall electricity consumption. Everything you send outside is replaced by outdoor air. If the outdoor air is outside your target parameters your going to pay to condition it whether that's heat/cool or (de)humidify.

Obviously there are portions of the year where free cooling with outdoor air is possible but that varys greatly by geography. Most of the folks in Arizona don't have outdoor air as a cooling option.

I use my central air to remove heat. My tents dump into my return duct, in the cooler months it keeps the furnace from cycling as much and allows me to turn it on about a month later than normal. Big savings on the propane bill.

Flip side is I turn the AC on about a month earlier but it has a much higher SEER (seasonal energy efficiency rating) than portable or window mount AC units do.
Your lights generate a fixed amount of heat per hour it only makes sense to use the most efficient means to deal with it. I could use a portable AC to move the same amount of heat but it would cost more to do that. Plus you have the cost of the equipment to include, with an average product life of 3-5 years the equipment alone costs any where from $80-150 USD a month, plus electricity.

Idk there's a lot of ways to do a dedicated portable AC is about the least efficient way to do it.
I have about 1500 true watts from the wall between a couple different areas all in the same room. Most days I don't need the A.C. but in my summers I'll need it everyday. The way my house is built and being in an illegal state...I don't have many options and it's the easiest way I am able to do it.

Back
Top Bottom