Help - down turn leaves and brown patches

Wild12

Please help
image460.jpg
image460.jpg

Thanks for the response Light Worker, I will get the ppm tomorrow, my hydro store said it was my light, 400w mh to strong for young plants. I am now using a fluorescent bulb and the plants are responding favorably. As far as watering I had the waterfarm running 24x7, I did test the ph and it was 7.2 so I flushed the nutrients and the ph is now 6.3. Temp in tent is about 77 and humidity at 70. I am trying to get the humidity down. I am also using a rainforest 66 and the plants are looking better, also using a co2 bucket in a 3x3 tent, will soon be hanging a 400w mh when the plants are bigger. The type of plant is wonder women, female, my first grow in ten years.

Hey wild,
Yeah it may well be your MH, I use a 400w MH and I keep it about 45 cm away from tops of seedlings with a fan blowing air constantly between globe and plant top. Tho, I do usually grow my sprouts/seedlings for their first 2 weeks or so under my Hi-output CFL which they seem to grow really well under as I can have that light about 3 inch from top of plant, theyre great for raising seedlings til theyre ready to go into final pot.
So as long as you have the MH at the right height you should be ok, but they do seem to grow slower at the start compared to a CFl?
If youre feeding nutes atm, you probably should go very light as they only really need water until theyre over 1.5 ft or so IMO, pending on your growing method.. Hope this helps you a little anyway?? All the best.. Smokemup

Thanks for the response Light Worker, I will get the ppm tomorrow, my hydro store said it was my light, 400w mh to strong for young plants. I am now using a fluorescent bulb and the plants are responding favorably. As far as watering I had the waterfarm running 24x7, I did test the ph and it was 7.2 so I flushed the nutrients and the ph is now 6.3. Temp in tent is about 77 and humidity at 70. I am trying to get the humidity down. I am also using a rainforest 66 and the plants are looking better, also using a co2 bucket in a 3x3 tent, will soon be hanging a 400w mh when the plants are bigger. The type of plant is wonder women, female, my first grow in ten years.

That is an awful lot of water if what you are saying is that it is dripping 24hrs. You will drown your plant. Let those clay pellets almost dry out between watering 6.3ph may be okay for soil but hydro should be between 5.5 and 6.0

good luck

Hey wild,
Yeah it may well be your MH, I use a 400w MH and I keep it about 45 cm away from tops of seedlings with a fan blowing air constantly between globe and plant top. Tho, I do usually grow my sprouts/seedlings for their first 2 weeks or so under my Hi-output CFL which they seem to grow really well under as I can have that light about 3 inch from top of plant, theyre great for raising seedlings til theyre ready to go into final pot.
So as long as you have the MH at the right height you should be ok, but they do seem to grow slower at the start compared to a CFl?
If youre feeding nutes atm, you probably should go very light as they only really need water until theyre over 1.5 ft or so IMO, pending on your growing method.. Hope this helps you a little anyway?? All the best.. Smokemup

Never heard only use nutes after 1.5 feet? Never heard of anyone waiting that long but if it works cool.

Back
Top Bottom