Help! High temperatures in tent in final flowering

guanxo

Hi there,

Temperatures outside are getting really high, I am growing in a tent with a 400 W and an electronic ballast.

I need to do something for 3 days until I receive my new air ventilated reflector to lower the temperatures inside my tent.

My lights are dimmed to 250 w instead of 400 w for my 5 by 5 foot tent (90 cm x 90 cm tent). My question is: could something bad (other than getting less grams) happen to my plants for getting little lights at the latest stage of flowering (day 45 from switching to 12/12) for 5 or 6 days? Meaning: hermies, etc.

I need the expert help here!!

I have a journal post in this forum, that is the tent where I have the issue, it is a scrog. Here a picture from today:
420-magazine-mobile941532638.jpg

Thanks!!

I think you'll be fine. I would open the doors on the tent and get some fans and let her cool that way. As long as you ain't over 85 your not in any trouble.
Could always crank the ac on. That will lower the RH too which is good in flowering

You do not want to go back to Veg light cycle.

250w is ok as long as temps are with in a good range.

Cause heat stress can kill them or hermie them.

If you can get a fan in there to blow air over top of canopy that will help to cool the plants, also one below the plants.. do not blow right onto them.

Idk about that. I have a blower from a CHA system pushing way more than any fan you buy for tents and a couple other fans . Based on my experience air blowing on them hasn't hurt them at all. As it cools, moves the leaves for better light penetration, and not to mention that cannabis is wind pollinated. Meaning the tops with the most wind will usually be biggest. I think that the "air shouldn't be on them" is just more of the old ways people cling on too. If your not seeing canoe leaves it's not too much air. I think alot better growing knowledge is gained by experiment rather than a guy in a grow book saying so.

Idk about that. I have a blower from a CHA system pushing way more than any fan you buy for tents and a couple other fans . Based on my experience air blowing on them hasn't hurt them at all. As it cools, moves the leaves for better light penetration, and not to mention that cannabis is wind pollinated. Meaning the tops with the most wind will usually be biggest. I think that the "air shouldn't be on them" is just more of the old ways people cling on too. If your not seeing canoe leaves it's not too much air. I think alot better growing knowledge is gained by experiment rather than a guy in a grow book saying so.
Too much wind will cause the leaves to Claw causing wind burn and thats no good... don't blow wind directly onto the plants.

No. Clawing comes from nitrogen. Canoeing comes from inability to transpire, which comes from too much wind. But your not going to get windburn unless you have it under some high ass winds. Sorry but out of all my years of Growing I've never seen wind burn. And never have I ever seen a plant claw from wind. I have had conoeing from too much wind. A slight adjustment and it was fine. And my tent stays blowed up like a balloon. If it looks bad move it. If not let it ride.

. And my tent stays blowed up like a balloon. If it looks bad move it. If not let it ride.
Sounds like you might have an exhaust problem. Proper air exchange calls for negative pressure in the tent, the walls should be sucked in,, not "blowed" up like a balloon.
:thedoubletake:

Im sure that's what somebody said once. And my exhaust is fine. At no point does negative pressure or positive pressure make a difference. My temps stay perfect. My plants grow big. I can put a hat over my exhaust and blow it off in the floor so no problems there. Just because someone said that is how it has to be doesn't mean it's true. I've never had any problems. In fact I have so much air going in I don't need an exhaust fan at all. Untill my plants act like they need negative pressure or some other horse shit someone made up I think I'll keep growing all the same. Separate the bullshit from reality. Quit regurgitating the same old crap found in every "grow Bible". Just like people who grow with CFL, couple years ago everyone was tearing them a new one for trying it. Now if we look back it seems as though all those "growers" were wrong and some beautiful plants have been grown with CFL. All I'd want is for people to only give info they have verified not heard about or read about in some 4$ book written by someone who probably just lurked on sites to write.

You know I've never seen negative pressure in nature.. how weird is it that they grow all the same? And sometimes I wonder how any outdoor plants grow at all with the wind hitting the buds? Seems like they all would be windburned. . . See my point? Quit making it seem harder than it is. It's actually quite easy to grow. Again just because someone said it take it with a grain of salt. Even me. Trust but verify.

You know I've never seen negative pressure in nature.. how weird is it that they grow all the same? And sometimes I wonder how any outdoor plants grow at all with the wind hitting the buds? Seems like they all would be windburned. . . See my point? Quit making it seem harder than it is. It's actually quite easy to grow. Again just because someone said it take it with a grain of salt. Even me. Trust but verify.

You are entitled to your opinion. I speak from my own experience, so please respect mine as well. Exhaust isn't just for temperature control. More importantly, it is for air exchange. Negative pressure ensures new air is drawn into the tent, Nobody is making this hard, well, maybe you are, but then again, that's your choice.
:peacetwo:
PS. We aren't growing in nature, we are growing inside. We adapt to that. I've never seen hps, cfl, or led out in the middle of a field in nature either, that does not mean we don't use them in our best practices indoors.
:thumb:

Air exchange happens on delivery of air. Not removal. Negative pressure can be obtained using just an extraction fan. Does that mean the air is exchanged? No. It means your taking air out of the cab, that's all. New air being brought in exchanges air. As long as you have an exhaust opened the air will change. I can lower my house AC and the temp will change in less than 1min in my cab. So to answer you again, no an exhaust fan isn't needed. In fact many growers use no intake or exhaust fan and grow with hps. To be more stealthy, they get great results. And even though we have to supply the sun(which is found outside naturally) I don't see any evidence of anything changing with pressure of wind. Until you can show me proof of what your saying it makes no difference to me or the plants. It's simple. Keep the temps right. Rh in check. Don't over feed or over water. Done. Other than that it's not necessary. If all this air exchange made a difference tell me how someone grows in a PC box with one small pc fan? Like I said it doesn't. But hey if you wanna keep on keeping on I'll sell you a magic jar of air that will help you flux capacitor reach terminal velocity. That way you can say you do something else that doesn't make one difference in anything that you are doing.

Until you can show me proof of what your saying it makes no difference to me or the plants..

I'm glad it makes no difference to you, it wasn't intended to. What matters is that it makes a difference to me. Now I'm gonna chill :volcano-smiley:
You should too :passitleft:
:peacetwo:

I grow in the summer in very hot conditions......averages 90 but ranges from 80 to 100 with high humidity. Not ideal, but it still works. Obviously, if you are aiming to control all variables to the ideal you will not stand for 95 degree temps. But in my situation I have to take what I can get and like I say, results have not been disappointing.

I wasn't meaning to sound like people who control the variables were doing something wrong. Just that it isn't necessary, or at least as necessary as it's made out to be. We all want this to seem harder than it is to make ourselves feel like what we are doing is more important than some other venture or type of growing. So much myth and overall unfounded ideas of what a plant needs and doesn't need. Really want this to be easy? Get some super soil and water it till it's done. No nutes, no pH checking, no def or over feeding. I grew my last two grows at 40% humidity all the way through with no problems. Just saying that it seems as though people just say what they have been told with no real knowledge of what actually affects the grow. But I do not intend to disrupt. Agree to disagree and burn away the "give a fuck" with some of this "grown all kind of wrong 5oz plant"

Hello guys,

Thanks for all the replies.

I have a potent extractor and a passive intake, I have negative pressure inside the tent because the walls get push inside (I hope you understand what I mean). But still temperatures are high, the only way is an ac (which I don't have and also, I had to connect thermostat for that).

So as far as I don't get in any trouble, I'll wait for my aired reflector and until them only 250W HPS for the 5 by 5 foot tent from far away (45 cm away from he plants).

Negative air pressure in a grow room or tent is to prevent odor leaks. Unless you're using a carbon scrubber to mask odors, it doesn't matter.

Yes it prevents odor leeks. But it also isolates the tent environment. Myself, I prefer to exhaust from the tent to the great outdoors.. That way I remove excess heat, stale air, etc. I surely could "blow up my tent like a balloon", and have the stale air pour into the room, but why?
Your way works for you, my way works for me, and we all have ways to validate our reasoning.
Thanks for your input, it made me think things through! :high-five:

Look up clawing my friend its cause of constant TOO HIGH wind blowing onto the plants indoors.

You may have never seen it but i have cause someone who has not enough experience will do just that allow constant air blowing on to the plants.

As for outside its not a constant thing.

As for canoe effect that is due to heat stress mostly caused by lights being to close which will also cause bleaching of the leaves or buds if too close.

Separate the bullshit from reality. Quit regurgitating the same old crap found in every "grow Bible".
I generally don't like to participate in drama, but I think everyone just needs to roll one up & chill. This forum, to me, is to learn from *all* the *different ways* people are successful. There's no reason to call bullshit on another person's growing experience. It's wonderful if it works for you but name calling is just negative. No one, especially a newbie that might need help needs to see this. Just my 2 cents and I'm out. Happy greens to everyone!

Back
Top Bottom