Help! I'm new at cloning!

Pocahontas87

I'm a 29 year old female who is new at growing. I have some 3 week old clones under a grow light. One told me that I should trim the roots on my clones. Do you need to trim the roots on 3 week old clones? And if not when? I just really need help with this I'm not sure how to do this. Any help would be appreciated!:rollit::rollit::rollit:

cel_photo_popup.png
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos :welcome:

3 week old clones are plants. Looks like you may have little critters (thrips) sucking the life out of them?

Roots do not need trimming, they need space to grow and a good balance of air and water.

How are you watering? Is that garden soil?

How to Grow Marijuana - Everything You Need to Know!

Hey there Pocahontas! It's nice to see another female here. We are drastically out numbered. Lol!

Can I make a suggestion? That was a silly question, cuz I'm going to make a suggestion. Lol! See what I did there? :) Ok, back to the suggestion. I think it would be beneficial if you made a grow journal instead of just being in the faq area. A lot more people will see it there. If you need help with that, Richard Richardson is a moderator here, and can help get this journal in a more populated areas.

Nice to meet you pocha, have a great day!

:passitleft:

Hi and welcome

DO NOT TRIM ROOTS. It unnecessary and will do more harm than good. That is an advanced technique for advanced growers. You have pests by the look of it, i cant tell you what but def looks like there is something there. Richard suggests thrips, its not a pest i have any experience with, at first glance i thought spider mite but it doesnt look right for that. Check how to deal with thrips, i cant help there as its not my area of expertise.

When you pot them up, if going into soil, get some weed specific soil with perlite mixed in. You want as much aeration of roots as possible. Again im not a soil grower, my expertise is reserved for coco and hydro. But some things remain the same across the board. Just make sure the clones have good air flow, dont over water, and treat those pests. sit back and relax, they are resilient plants. I would be careful where you get your clones from though as the last thing you want is pests brought into your garden from day 1.

Good luck.

Looks like everyone has already hit on the main Topic.... Do Not trim your roots!

Canna Montana also brings up a good idea. A grow Journal is a great place to let everyone know all the details of your grow and help you out with any issues you are experiencing. :thumb:

I'm a 29 year old female who is new at growing. I have some 3 week old clones under a grow light. One told me that I should trim the roots on my clones. Do you need to trim the roots on 3 week old clones? And if not when? I just really need help with this I'm not sure how to do this. Any help would be appreciated!:rollit::rollit::rollit:

NO. Do not trim roots on a baby.

Also, do not take ANY advice, ever again, from the person(s) who told you to trim roots on a clone.
Ever. Ok? Just nod and thank them for their advice and forget it. He/she doesn't know anything about growing MJ.

Root trimming is for adult plants, still in veg and far from flower. Usually done to mothers who are 12 months old or older to keep them healthy and give them a facelift.

Never treat a baby like that. It's a baby. It needs all the roots its got.

~ Auggie ~

PS: DANGER. IMMEDIATE ATTENTION REQUIRED. You have bugs. At least spider mites, maybe thrips. Search this site for treatment - time is of the essence. Act NOW or your babys will expire within five days.

Back
Top Bottom