Help me please

towney314

hi ive got a healthy plant but the new growth is curling under the tip of the leaf ir basicly touching the stem any idea on what be the problem
Thanks

Hey buddy...welcome to :420:....well sounds like you gonna need to do some homework...also we will need alot of info here to get to the root of shit....could be lighting, nutes, watering issues, temps, insects.....post a pic as well my man...hear from you soon...

Here is a pic of my baby i thought it was down to fast growth seeing as its in its first week of flowering n before i switched it to 12 on 12 off it was 12'' n now its 18'' withen 3 days n before i was using a 150watt bulb now ive switched it to a 400 hps light with a rhino extraction kit everything seems healthy n growing nice just wanted to know if it was anything wrong with her
IMAG018911.jpg
IMAG018911.jpg
IMAG01889.jpg
IMAG019110.jpg

any tips or help would be much appreciated thanks stoners ;) haha

Well, I learned something new, didn't know leaves would curl due to rapid growth. I have a sprout doing that now. I was about to trash it too.

This plant appears to me like your lighs are too far away. she looks like she is straining to get to the light. I would also say that her leaves are packed with nutrients. You may want to give only water for a few feedings. You want your leaves to point up and look like they are praying. They should also flaten out and look like you ironed them.

I Dont think its struggling to get the light coz its in a 3x2x6ft cupboard with a 400w hps n its about 10inches away from the plant and ive got 97% reflective sheeting all around it but ive just thought that the soil im using already had plant food in it n ive just started to put some bloom fertilizer so could it be that? other then that does she look healthy?

Could be over watering thats tends to make leafs droop abit.

Ye looks healthy, your going to need a larger pot in a couple of weeks time.

The stretch which some people assume to be reaching for lights is more likely the 400w HPS/sodium bulb... ye plants kind of stretch with that sort of light spectrum quite common really.

Most people will use MH/ Blue CFL 6400k (kelvin) for veg, keeps the plant more storter & stocky

Alright cool ill leave it for a bit before i water her again normaly water her every 5 days, yh i know ill be needing a bigger got it ready and waiting :D ill put up sum more pics in a week or so carnt wait to harvest her its so addictive growing.
Speak soon happy smoking :)

Could be over watering thats tends to make leafs droop abit.

Ye looks healthy, your going to need a larger pot in a couple of weeks time.

The stretch which some people assume to be reaching for lights is more likely the 400w HPS/sodium bulb... ye plants kind of stretch with that sort of light spectrum quite common really.

Most people will use MH/ Blue CFL 6400k (kelvin) for veg, keeps the plant more storter & stocky

Yes had I know that he was vegging with hps I would have known where the stretch is coming from. CFLs' help build tight nodes, IMO.

Well the first lot of pics was taken on friday and these ones was taken sunday n look at the amount its grown. Think its gonna be a monster :D but ive just noticed that on a couple of leaves the tips have started to go a light green/yellow and the spikes of the edges are curling under as u can see in the pics, the leaves feel a bit dry but the soil is still damp and the temp is fine so i dunno what to do....
IMAG029010.jpg
IMAG028711.jpg
IMAG02839.jpg
IMAG02855.jpg
IMAG028910.jpg
IMAG02846.jpg
IMAG028811.jpg

Nutrient defeciencys may induce leaf colour loss, unfortunaly many symptoms may look like one another in the early stages which yours are in !

All it really is saying is feed me... rule of the thumb 1/4 to 1/2 strength nutrients.

Also nutrient defeciencys can be caused by extremities in PH of soil mix/nutrient feed, ambient water supply to name a few & over feeding particular macro nutrients.

Well im using soil thats got plant food already in it and im using bloom fertilizer aswell n that covers all the nutes it needs. it says on the bottle use 5ml per liter and im only putting 2ml per ltr. think im gonna let it get dry n give it a good flush with distilled watter for a couple of feedings n see if that helps
Cheers for the info tho

If your soil has food in it. Do not feed it anything else. Also why give it bloom nutrients in vegetative stage? Don't need em at this point. I see very slight change to a couple of leaves, this happens. as ne and younger leaves develop, larger older leaves will yellow and eventually fall off. Distilled water does "not" have any micronutrients that your plant needs and uses. I use tap water. let it set for a few hours to allow chlorine to evaporate.

Droopy is a symptom over water and can be too much nitrogen in the early stages. I was looking to see if the ruffling was abnormal. I bet your over watering has buffered against the nutes being a bit high. Those huge leaves will be an asset later. Even if they turn yellow and drop off, you have a nitro-phyle there. Too bad you ain't hydro cause that plant looks like she could build to 2500 ppm.

Yh im letting her get dry n giving her a good flush. I must admit its 2 days over when i should of waterd her n her leaves are getting huge and straightening out :D. And seeing as its my second time growing i went with soil but i got another 4 seeds that im gonna start sprouting in like 4 weeks and gonna go to hydro, n by the time there ready to flower i would of harvested. Sorry to sound dumb but what do u mean by 2500 ppm?
Happy smoking

leaves are used for diffusion. Big airy leafers like those can eat up nitrogen and exhale a ton, so i mentioned an insanely high ppm ratio of fertilizer for your water that would kill most plants and said that plant could build up to conditions wherein it takes the insane fertilizer with leafs like that.

Ah right i get ya yh i think its gonna be a beast its got food in the soil and ive given it veg food (organic of course) and just switched it to 12/12 and in a weeks its grown 8inches and theres loads of branching out all of a sudden and its stinking already :) gonna wait a week and put some more pics up :)
peace!

Back
Top Bottom