Help needed: plants drooping

DRVYBZ

420 Member
Hello, I am having a problem with my plants drooping about 3 hours or so before lights off. They look great from the time the lights come on to about 3 4 hours until they are about to go off. I am using current culture setup with floraflex nutrients. I am running sterile so nothing extra. Room temp is about 77 degrees and 50rh. I have tried bumping up the nutrients because the plants look as if they are exhausted but that did not solve the problem. I am currently at 1.0 EC 6.0ph using RO water. Anyone have any advise that can point me in the right direction.

Attachments

• plants.JPG
    plants.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 66
Thank you for your reply. I forgot to put in there that I dialed the lights down to make sure that wasn't the problem. I haven't had any issues with any other grow. I cant seem to figure out what the heck is going on. After lights go out and come back on the next day, they are pristine. The only time I have seen this is when lights are on for 24 hours and the plants will just sleep whenever but this is not the case. These plants are on an 18/6 cycle. Its not root rot or anything like that. I use a water chiller and the roots are wonderful and white.

Attachments

• plant 2.JPG
    plant 2.JPG
    486.2 KB · Views: 53
Yeah that’s what makes me think the light is too close. After the plants are under the light for an X amount of time, they start to get droopy and tired because the intensity of the light. Left it up 6 inches and see how they react to it? :bong:

Thank you for your reply. My lights are as high as they can go. I understand where you are going that is why I mentioned that I dialed the lights down. I turned them from 1k to 600. If you would like me to test further because I am in need of answers; I can dial then down to 400 and let you know what happens. I need to have this figured out before I flip. I also need to get in there and work them into the scrogg but I have held off until I can find a fix for this problem. I didn't want to add any unnecessary stress to the plants.

Ok, I understand now, my apologies. The 600 will do. Watch how they react to that and adjust accordingly. For scrog, you would normally veg into the net, once the net is about 80% filled then you flip. I’m not saying you can’t still use it, but the way your doing it, isn’t a traditional way, but no worries bro!

for flower the intensity usually goes up, and the flowers can handle the light closer/more intensity. So as long as you figure this small hiccup out you should be golden bro!

No thank you for your response. I understand what you are saying about the scrogg. It started out that way but I had one plant the Gorilla skittles front right of photo started outgrowing the other three by a tremendous amount. As you can see it has dominated the space. So I was trying everything I could to fill the space because I wasn't sure the other three was going to come around. So now what Im going to do is defoliate and tuck to fill the space. Super crop, whatever tech needed to train the plant to fill that space. They are growing about an inch or more aday at this point, even with the dropping at the end of the night. I usually only veg for 2 weeks before flipping, but this time I have had to take them longer because of the three plants, but now they are booming. Attached is a pic I just took of them.

Attachments

• plant 3.JPG
    plant 3.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 52
Thank you brother. I'm gonna continue to post here my grow so you can see what I'm doing. I took another shot from below so you can see how the scrogg was started. I just stopped tucking and defoliating until I was able to figure out what the heck was going on because I didn' t want to stress them out any further than they looked already. So the canopy is nice and even so I'm gonna super crop them and tuck them to fill in the screen. The screen at this point looks full because all the sugar leaves have grown back. But once I defoliate I'll take a pic and you will see how much is still open. I'm looking to fill the entire space as much as possible. Last run I got 728 grams from 4 plants and the scrogg was not completely full. This time I'm just trying a little experimentation to see if I can get more. Call me greedy I guess. Experimenting is fun. Now I know I havent cleaned up the bottom yet but I usually wait until I'm almost ready to flip to give all the stranglers a chance to make it up through the net.

Attachments

• plant 4.JPG
    plant 4.JPG
    800.8 KB · Views: 49
Wew plants got a bit out of hand trying to figure out why they were drooping. Anyway, I tucked as much as I could. The ones that I couldn't I topped so I should get a nice canopy. Will be flipping tomorrow, everything should start growing back upwards by then. I will continue to defoliate and clean up the the bottom of the plants.

Attachments

• plant 5.JPG
    plant 5.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 46
Back
Top Bottom