Help perfecting my grow plans - Almost ready to start!

Oh nice! I'll try that. So a pan of water (I'm picturing pie pan), a paper towel twisted and submerged in water and tip of it upwards towards fan to blow air on it, sound correct? Tomorrow I'll give that a try!

More like a 13x9 baking pan and as much water-evaporating surface as possible. Big sponges can be freestanding, but sheets of paper towel (for max surface area) need support. I made a frame out of pvc pipe and bamboo skewers once. Experimenting... ;)

Ok guys i have 3 seeds germinated and in soil! I have my lighting schedule set and its currently hanging 34 and a half inches from top of soil. I tested the pH of the water and got it to 6.3, watered the plants until the soil was completely wet throughout the cup. Measured the ppm with runoff, it was in the 2030's, im assuming this is normal for potting soil, for the first week or 2 of this plants life it will eat up all those soil nutes?

temp's are anywhere from 81F to 84F. I would like it cooler but cant do much about that. Should be ok i hope. not ideal but acceptable.

Now my question is do i empty the water runoff tray's so the cup/pot isnt sitting in the water catcher with the runoff? Every time i water.

Wow, 2030 PPM is maximum rock and roll. Hopefully the little seedlings can withstand that much fertilizer.

Yes, you want the runoff to run off, either by pouring off the saucer or rigging up a drainage system.

81 to 84 should be fine. Yes, lower is considered better, but with proper watering and air movement, lower 80s should be OK.

34 inches is a long way away from the plants. What does the manufacturer recommend?

Ok guys i have 3 seeds germinated and in soil! I have my lighting schedule set and its currently hanging 34 and a half inches from top of soil. I tested the pH of the water and got it to 6.3, watered the plants until the soil was completely wet throughout the cup. Measured the ppm with runoff, it was in the 2030's, im assuming this is normal for potting soil, for the first week or 2 of this plants life it will eat up all those soil nutes?

temp's are anywhere from 81F to 84F. I would like it cooler but cant do much about that. Should be ok i hope. not ideal but acceptable.

Now my question is do i empty the water runoff tray's so the cup/pot isnt sitting in the water catcher with the runoff? Every time i water.

Yes most empty the water runoff trays if it's anything significant.

2000+... idk I've never had a reading that high yet. My ffof based mix upon first run off was like 800-900hundo as I recall and then lower after that, but yeah your first run off will be much higher then it will be later so idk maybe don't freak out it's so high on the very first sample. As for use, it's way more than enough for first two-week period, probably too high actually, just have to see how it plays out or maybe the meter was thrown off by something.

BTW When you start your journal (if you do), post a link here or include in signature so maybe we can find it easy and start following.

The manufacturer recommends:
Hanging height. For seedlings, we recommend being very careful with a 36'-40' height using the VEG switch only. After a week or two, bring down to 24" with VEG switch only through the rest of veg. For flowering, bring down to 15"-18" using both VEG and BLOOM switches. Adjust heigh according to desired coverage and how well the individual strain of plant takes the increased intensity.

The ppm was 2030's but minus 44 for the water, so under 2k but barely.

Vyserage's First Indoor Soil Grow - 2017

there's my journal :D Not sure how to make it part of my sig, couldnt easily find the spot in profile settings.

The manufacturer recommends:
Hanging height. For seedlings, we recommend being very careful with a 36'-40' height using the VEG switch only. After a week or two, bring down to 24" with VEG switch only through the rest of veg. For flowering, bring down to 15"-18" using both VEG and BLOOM switches. Adjust heigh according to desired coverage and how well the individual strain of plant takes the increased intensity.

The ppm was 2030's but minus 44 for the water, so under 2k but barely.

Vyserage's First Indoor Soil Grow - 2017

there's my journal :D Not sure how to make it part of my sig, couldnt easily find the spot in profile settings.

Wow, the manufacturer really has it way up there. Interesting. It must be pretty powerful.

Occasionally you see photos of young plants with some nute burning caused by being planted in hot soil, but most seem to recover. It's just kinda bad timing to have a plant at its most vulnerable in soil when its at its hottest. I love hydro and coco for just that reason: you can set the PPMs to exactly the right level.

Congrats on the grow log. I'll drop by! :)

Back
Top Bottom