Safe ppm for harvest & hydro ppm

HigherTheHigh

im growing in coco/perlite 60/40 mix, 20L pot and started feeding 2L of just water from last saturday, today i flushed them with 32L and the end run of was 150 on 3 and 280 on another, i plan to harvest next saturday making it a 14 day flush, is 150ppm would be okay for harvest wouldnt it?

my water from the tap is 85-100ppm, do you think i should try get it further down or will it stay at roughly 150?

is there anyway of getting low ppm water after its came from the tap? something i can do maby?

also im running 2 4 wilma pot systems with green crack at week 4 of flower and there ppm is 2900, heres there schedule.

all of these are to 1 litre.

canna aqua 3ml.
canna boost 3ml.
cannazym 2.5ml.
bud candy 2ml.
big bud 2ml.
bud factor x 2ml.
overdrive 2ml.
budwiser 2ml.

question is: is 2900ppm safe?

they dont have any tip burn but are starting to get yellow leaves on one 4 pot system, i put 6 litres of plain water to them and brought it down between 1600-2000ppm, was i best of doing that?

help would be really appreciated!

re: Safe ppm for harvest & hydro ppm

Hi HTH -- First off, 2900 PPM!? Man, you must have some bionic bud to stand up to that much fertilizer! A good place to start might be to read the manufacturer's recommendations (though you can usually safely feed at half those levels...)

I have flushed a hydro grow with 28 PPM tap water and got the reservoir right down to 28 PPM. You just keep flushing. Realistically, though, it probably doesn't make much difference whether there's a tiny bit of nutes left or none.

> is there anyway of getting low ppm water after its came from the tap? something i can do maby?
You can always go to reverse osmosis or distilled water.

thanks for the reply.

all the buds look perfect and i think im going to have to run them at half nute strength at this point for it to be a steady 1400ppm.

i was feeding the same amount in coco and never got no tip burn or anything.

right im going to sound mega dumb here but reverse osmisis water and distilled, how do i? do i have to buy or can i do it myself?

i fed 2L plain water with canna flush since last saturday and today i put 30L through them, im watering 2L every day till next thursday and ill be cutting saturday.

so throughout the 14 day flush they will have had 54L through them with 12 watering days and the last to days to dry out, think that will be enough?

> i was feeding the same amount in coco and never got no tip burn or anything.
You can't argue with good results! :)

It sounds like you have had a thorough flush to me! (My understanding is that just a few days is enough for hydro.)

You can buy reverse osmosis systems, but I think most people fill gallon jugs at an RO station at the supermarket? (Our water here is 28 PPM from the tap, and would be lower except the water utility add some kind of calcium stuff to keep our pipes from rusting way...)

Back
Top Bottom