Help please: Bright green leaves

Wow. So many weekend grower advice Jesus Christ. That miricle grow has too much crap in it and dolomite is stupid because it holds water. The good advice I heard was ph. And drainage. Get a bag of kellog soil conditioner for five bux from home depot and transplant into that mixed with what u got there half half in a bigger pot but too much bigger. And then just water no nutes for a few days flush the roots. Then give them somethin less than 16-16-16. Half that if possible. The best your plant looked was the first pic. She's purdy though. Oh. When the leaves cup they do want nutes but I think you are nute locked by ph or that miricle grow

Wow I wish I would have jumped in sooner sorry about your baby

thanks man its okay....it was my first shot at growing. i have 4 little 1 week old seedlings of 'Blue Dream' that are looking nice....the all have their 2nd set of rigid leaves. they were planted in 12 oz dixie cups with that miracle-gro crap....when i transplant them i was going to make a different soil mix.

hopfully these ones grow nicely:Namaste:

If your using compost mix, try adding 40-50% perlite into the mix for better drainage and roots. Or hydration pebbles at the bottom of the pot are good for drainage and they keep the soil pH neutral apparently. You can also put them on top of the soil so the top layer doesn't dry out.

im in on the perlite for drainage i prefer to use a 50/50 mix of soil conditioner which has big pieces of wood and stuff that promote drainage and root stimulation like mulch sort of if your not aware of soil conditioner... i like your reputation there nuggie plant and member of the mo... woah in your presence..:welldone:

okay so the four seedlings i had planted in that same miracle grow crap seem to be turning bright green too were there is new growth...its just brighter then the rest of the leaf but not bleachie looking like my first plant....i sure hope these turn out okay....i gave them all a nice flushing today untill the water was mostly clear.

my question now is that in about a week i'm going to transplant them from their dixie cups into there 2 gallon pots(thats all i can fit so i'm not gunna veg to long)....i was going to get the Fox Farm ocean forest....when i transplant do i need to add more drainage to the fox farm??? the video i saw on it the guy says it ready to plant.....is this right? and any tips when i make the transplant?? any advice would be appreciated...thanks

okay so the four seedlings i had planted in that same miracle grow crap seem to be turning bright green too were there is new growth...its just brighter then the rest of the leaf but not bleachie looking like my first plant....i sure hope these turn out okay....i gave them all a nice flushing today untill the water was mostly clear.

my question now is that in about a week i'm going to transplant them from their dixie cups into there 2 gallon pots(thats all i can fit so i'm not gunna veg to long)....i was going to get the Fox Farm ocean forest....when i transplant do i need to add more drainage to the fox farm??? the video i saw on it the guy says it ready to plant.....is this right? and any tips when i make the transplant?? any advice would be appreciated...thanks

DOLOMITE LIME 1/4 CUP PER GALLON OF SOIL, WOULD HAVE SAVED YOU LAST PLANTS TOO.

FFoF would be better than MG, al least it is formulated for mmj

DOLOMITE LIME 1/4 CUP PER GALLON OF SOIL, WOULD HAVE SAVED YOU LAST PLANTS TOO.

FFoF would be better than MG, al least it is formulated for mmj

okay so just add the dolomite and thats it?? nothing else for drainage? do you use any kind of transplant solution or just water?

and then when using the fox farm do i just feed water because the soil had the nutes? i dont want to keep locking up my roots.:thanks:

dolomite holds water!! man from the start the yellowing was probably from too much water thats all. you all trippin
10811deli_010.jpg

You have seedlings right, they are small? Why are you transplanting? Transplanting causes stress, if they are already stressed and you xplant they will more than likely die Transplanting seedlings is not recommended, how small are they? (pics)

IF you HAVE to I would slip them out of their current container in to a larger pot with a place the size of the current root ball hollowed out.

What exactly was the soil? You said MG but what kind potting, garden, organic? What have you added / done so far? Please give a detailed list.

Stop doing things for now until I have a complete picture. You can definitely over water, you should be watering by the hefting method.

**DON'T DO THIS NOW**

Hefting Method:

This means scratch up the first couple inches of soil, then water the pot a little let is soak in, do that again and again until about 10-30% of the total watering volume has run through, so for example if you gave the plant 1 gallon of water somewhere between a half a quart and a little more than a quart should have run through. Once you completed the watering, LIFT THE POT! Remember mentally the weight.

Now the important part of watering. WAIT UNTIL THE POT IS LIGHT. Then repeat the above procedure. If your plant droops you let it get too dry. You can also judge by scratching the first two inches of soil and feeling the wetness, but sometimes the top will dry out before the bottom - so hefting is the most accurate method.

Also mate to answer your question before, yeh if i was you when you transplant to Foxfarm why not try adding 40% perlite to your mix for drainage, or you can do the same with coco, it'l still be a soil mix if you mix with coco not a soilless mix, so you treat it the same a soil for PH. The roots love the drainage of coco and grow sooo fast and healthy.
Or do the whole lot in coco thats what I find best, but then your looking at a hydro PH range for coco.

Yes yes. Coco is rad for drainage I've done both and he's right about the ph. Start at 5.8 and finish at 6.2. Also with inert mediums you need to make sure to ad cal mag and all the nutes neccesary. Try to be exact on mesurements as their is 40% less buffer being the soil.

You have seedlings right, they are small? Why are you transplanting? Transplanting causes stress, if they are already stressed and you xplant they will more than likely die Transplanting seedlings is not recommended, how small are they? (pics)

IF you HAVE to I would slip them out of their current container in to a larger pot with a place the size of the current root ball hollowed out.

What exactly was the soil? You said MG but what kind potting, garden, organic? What have you added / done so far? Please give a detailed list.

Stop doing things for now until I have a complete picture. You can definitely over water, you should be watering by the hefting method.

**DON'T DO THIS NOW**

Hefting Method:

This means scratch up the first couple inches of soil, then water the pot a little let is soak in, do that again and again until about 10-30% of the total watering volume has run through, so for example if you gave the plant 1 gallon of water somewhere between a half a quart and a little more than a quart should have run through. Once you completed the watering, LIFT THE POT! Remember mentally the weight.

Now the important part of watering. WAIT UNTIL THE POT IS LIGHT. Then repeat the above procedure. If your plant droops you let it get too dry. You can also judge by scratching the first two inches of soil and feeling the wetness, but sometimes the top will dry out before the bottom - so hefting is the most accurate method.

well i was going to wait until they were 3 weeks old to transplant... is that to early? i will post pictures of them soon...

as for the details of what i originally used; check back on page 2, post #29 i give all the details of the soil, the ferts, and lighting i am using....and i posted a picture of everything right be4 i had transplanted my first plant.

let me know if there are anyother details you may need:thanks:

these are my 'Blue Dream Haze' sprouts 8 days from breaking soil....

i have 2 more that are about 10 days old....they are all colored like these except for 1.

is this the same situation i had with the first plant?

another week is still to early to transplant?

its definitely soil related, you should be using soil that doesn't have any nutrients in there, MG is generally too hot for the seedlings at a young age. Throw them in some fox farms soil, you will have 2 weeks before you have to feed them, and they should bounce right out of it. It's not too early to transplant, if you leave them there they will just have the same problems as the last plants

Does the leaf feel thick in the parts that are discolored? I looked back and I didn't see your nutes, just an NPK which is not all any plant needs. That said they are young to be showing a deficiency as GG said, so my 1st thought is pH. Top dress with an 1/8 cup dolomite (did you already, how much) and water (not alot). They also look very wet, you are not letting them sit in water right? Drainage (rocks, lava rock is better) at the bottom and a hole?

I still say transplant is risky maybe try it with a couple and top dress a couple see what works better. When you transplant you should use an additive to reduce stress something with B vitamins.

Even at this size use the heft technique and DO NOT WATER UNTIL THEY ARE LIGHT.

Back
Top Bottom