Help please: Bright green leaves

ehhhhh why dolomite fuck dolomite what the shit with everyone using god damm dolomite. dont you want to control the ph and amount of nutrients the plant gets. holy shit im sick of that word

you want to know the funny thing bro...i never found any dolomite when i went to the hydro shop....

i have just been adjusting my ph with the 'ph up/ph down' solutions and my water run-offs have been testing perfect....

the fox farm soil and the leveled PH has given these things a new life.:yummy:

i'm treating this as a learning experience. I will use the knowledge i gain from the mistakes i made on this grow, to better myself for my next go-round!(can't wait:bitingnails:)

ehhhhh why dolomite fuck dolomite what the shit with everyone using god damm dolomite. dont you want to control the ph and amount of nutrients the plant gets. holy shit im sick of that word

Why? I dunno I think 6.5 is considered perfect for soil. Also it is tons easier to use dolomite and never pH your nutes until the brown runs out, then just add more. No one is forcing you to add dolomite, if you dont like it then NEVER use it, but for a newb grower it solves a lot of problems. Cal / Mag, pH issues are no longer a worry.

Why? I dunno I think 6.5 is considered perfect for soil. Also it is tons easier to use dolomite and never pH your nutes until the brown runs out, then just add more. No one is forcing you to add dolomite, if you dont like it then NEVER use it, but for a newb grower it solves a lot of problems. Cal / Mag, pH issues are no longer a worry.

Yeh mate Im with you, people who slaying obviously never used it, or probably have no previous gardening experiance before cannabis. It does control your oH so it can take in all the nutrients, its the cure basically. I just had my coco mess up which I usually can work with fine, nut had problems this time. But a simple change to soil with lime sorted everything, and all going fine now.
So I know it works from experience, and all the other people it helps, so whats the problem with it serious? Like maer said it takes in all the nutes seen as it sticks it around 6.5.

6.5? bro comeon i adjust my ph to what they need to uptake at that point in the grow. i usually start at 5.8 and plateau at 6.4 and leave it there till the end. 6.5 is great and they will get what they need but i like to choke out some by lower ph like phosphorous pardon spellin and couple other things then give it to them in flower and the expload. alot of growing im learning is a personal preferance. whatever worked the first time for someone is usually how theyll do it

6.5? bro comeon i adjust my ph to what they need to uptake at that point in the grow. i usually start at 5.8 and plateau at 6.4 and leave it there till the end. 6.5 is great and they will get what they need but i like to choke out some by lower ph like phosphorous pardon spellin and couple other things then give it to them in flower and the expload. alot of growing im learning is a personal preferance. whatever worked the first time for someone is usually how theyll do it

Newb grower? Should I explain that to him and see how he does? I would rather give him the simple solution for now and see his plants live, rather than explain to him the cutting edge optimal way to do a pH swing and watch all his plants die.

If you don't like my advice, give your own.

okay so yesterday was the 21 day mark from when the seedling broke soil...

i transplanted them at Day 9 to get them out of the poison soil, all i did was change soil and give a good flushing during the transplant... i think things have turned around pretty good

this was the transplant Day 9: (very sick looking leaves)
10-13-11day9.png

this was the 2 week mark Day 14: (plants grew but still sickly looking)
10-18-11day14.png

this is current as of yesterday 3 week mark day 21: (much better looking growth IMO)
10-25-11day21.png

the big one in the front is the quadrifoliate....

please leave some feedback and thank you all for the wonderful help so far!!:thanks:

Looks like zinc deficiency to me. This could be caused by pH, excess Iron or Copper in your source water, or a genuine lack of zinc (unlikely). Dolomite lime (garden lime) will be at any garden center. Hydro shop will not have it because it is used in soil, not hydro.

Looks like zinc deficiency to me. This could be caused by pH, excess Iron or Copper in your source water, or a genuine lack of zinc (unlikely). Dolomite lime (garden lime) will be at any garden center. Hydro shop will not have it because it is used in soil, not hydro.

okay cool....i'll pick some up this weekend.:thanks:

What about your water source? Do you have a filter (RO, Zero water) and tester? (pH, TDS)

i've been running tap water...i let it sit out over night and i Adjust the Ph to around 6.0 before watering or feeding.

my ph test is from the PH up/PH down maker's....it's just the drops you add to the water and then compare to a color chart. then i adjust...its always high....my waters around a 7.5ph level.

so if it isn't a ph issue and is probly isn't a complete lack of zinc them i'm guessing it's the metals in my water....

i have a Refrigerator with the water despenser...thats flitered. do you think this will be good enough to filter out the excess metals in my water?

i'm picking up the dolomite lime this weekend...i'm going to use the water from my fridge from now on.

It will do something, my britta brings my 200ppm tap down to about 50, my RO about 8 (who knows could be 0 with error).

When you adjust with feeding you adjust after you add nutes right? It is hard to get water with nutes right with a color chart type test because the nutes color the water.

Try to get yourself a pH pen, or a combo pH / TDS (ppm).

well thank you all for the extremely helpful information...unfortunately ALL 4 of my plants wound up being Male:rip:

A
Okay so it has been a couple days since i fed it some more nitrogen.... the leaves are still pretty bright green but they look healthy...when will they darken back up??? is it normal for the leave to be almost reaching up towards the light?? oh man....the never ending questions and wonders of being a noob grower....

"im trying ringo.... im trying real hard"-lol
Are you using LEDs it look like led bleaching meaning your LEDs are too close if your using leds

Hey Goldengoose you seem to know a bit about them green soil testers.
I got one the other day and I tested some house plants and it seemed to be working ok, Then I tested my water and it showed neutral, which was no shock.

But then I added some vinegar so watch it go more acidic and it shot up on the alkaline side, I did it again with new water and 3 different vinegars, and it went alkaline again. Is it a faulty tester or did the water break it with it being a soil tester.
I'd appreciate any feedback, is a soil tester a water tester basically.:Namaste:
I know I'm a lil late but do not EVER Use vinegar trying to pH that is the worst thing to put into soil or even let touch your roots .

thanks man its okay....it was my first shot at growing. i have 4 little 1 week old seedlings of 'Blue Dream' that are looking nice....the all have their 2nd set of rigid leaves. they were planted in 12 oz dixie cups with that miracle-gro crap....when i transplant them i was going to make a different soil mix.

hopfully these ones grow nicely:Namaste:
Throw out that bs soil and u won't have a issue bub

Back
Top Bottom