Help Please first harvest ever medical

corinth

Hello, yea im harvesting 6 plants tonight, theyve been flushed twice.in.the last 2 weeks and have turned.from super healthy green to.yellowish green i bent a smaller branch with a nice fat bud dried.4 days and jarred for.a.few after that it turned brown? Was it trimming before.i.hung.dried it, smelled like.hay too.. potent sticky dense smoke.though really.dense sticky.bud though trichs all clear and.cloudy. This is my thing i plan on pulling them all down tonight cut the root ball first then cut each branch to dry individually , trimming only the longer fan leaves, ima.dry everything.together this.time by branch, hopefully.no hay smell? After about 10-14 days drying in my grow closet.with just the extraction fan running.on.low.with temps.at 60 f and.humidity around 45 ill dry trim if there ready and jar them in 32 oz mason wide.mouth jars. My biggest fears.are losing smell and.color potency upon dry/ harvest curing etc. Pleaseee if you can tell me any ideas if im.doing it the right way lemme know, my brother had brown bud before and.its scary. Il show u a picture of the test bud i dried and.wet.trimmed.
20150107_025040.jpg
20141225_0144351.jpg
20141225_0140511.jpg
20141225_0143161.jpg
20141225_0143291.jpg

Hey man, I'd love to help, but am having a really hard time deciphering your post. Try re-writing your question without so many periods. I think you are trying to ask what drying/curing techniques to use?? If so, check out this post How To Dry and Cure Marijuana

Hello, yea im harvesting 6 plants tonight, theyve been flushed twice.in.the last 2 weeks and have turned.from super healthy green to.yellowish green

The larger leaves turning yellow at end of flowering during flush is pretty much normal in most cases.

i bent a smaller branch with a nice fat bud dried.4 days and jarred for.a.few after that it turned brown? Was it trimming before.i.hung.dried it, smelled like.hay too.. potent sticky dense smoke.though really.dense sticky.bud though trichs all clear and.cloudy. This is my thing i plan on pulling them all down tonight cut the root ball first then cut each branch to dry individually , trimming only the longer fan leaves, ima.dry everything.together this.time by branch, hopefully.no hay smell? After about 10-14 days drying in my grow closet.with just the extraction fan running.on.low.with temps.at 60 f and.humidity around 45 ill dry trim if there ready and jar them in 32 oz mason wide.mouth jars. My biggest fears.are losing smell and.color potency upon dry/ harvest curing etc. Pleaseee if you can tell me any ideas if im.doing it the right way lemme know, my brother had brown bud before and.its scary. Il show u a picture of the test bud i dried and.wet.trimmed.

The larger leaves turning yellow at end of flowering during flush is pretty much normal in most cases.

If I understand, you cut a bud let it dry 4 days then put in a sealed jar and it turned brown? If so, there is a pretty big chance when you put your bud in the jar, the center of the bud still had too much moisture then molded. This is what I suspect was your problem.

When you dry your buds at first the exterior can be dry and crispy and the center is still moist. When you place them in a sealed environment several hours later they get all damp as moisture balances itself throughout the bud. If you leave them like this more often than not they will rot, and it can be quite fast.

So when i dry them make sure stem snaps first then jar. Im curious does wet trim make that hay smell? Ima dry trim this time. Is the rh and temp ok at 60f and rh at 45?

That's perfect. I remove all fan leaves the big ones without any trichomes. Then I hang 10-14 days roughly then trim them up and jar.

IME bud does have somewhat of a hay smell yes when first drying and the smell evolves as it cures. If you have bigger buds turning brown break them open into smaller buds and get them drying, if they're salvageable. Get any rot out and throw away. The rot seems to inhibit drying- sort of creates it's own slimy little ecosystem to spread from.

Back
Top Bottom