Help Please: Top cola leaves turning brown on edges & crispy

biscuit

Hello everyone, 1st post. Thank you in advance for your advice, Biscuit.

Have 2 issues.
1) The plant below is about 5-6 weeks into flowering. Within last 3-4 days the leaves you see have started to turn rusty on edges and look crisp yet I haven't changed any conditions. I raised the light a bit thinking they might be getting fried. Don't know if that helped but they haven't gotten worse in the last 24 hours either. The rest of her looks good if not a bit stretched, white hairs starting to turn red/orange

2) I have found white residue on a few of my lower leaves. Mold? Mildew? Watered down a solution of apple cider vinegar, isopropyl alcohol and dish soap and swabbed the leaves...some have gotten better but not the other two shown in pics haven't. I had a spittlebug/leafhopper and I finally caught the little ninja..could it be from him?

Bag seed
Soil
5g plastic pot
Started outdoors, now indoors in ghetto grow box.
Container: 2011 Rubbermaid
Flowering about 5-6 weeks
Lights - 6 CFL 23watters
Schedule - 12/12 light schedule with about 1/2 a dozen schedule fails...have left lights on & off as long as 15 hours a couple of times and was off for 18 hours once.
Temp - 68-74 and usually stays about 72
Humidity - Typically 50-52%
Ph - 7
Nutrients - Miracle Gro Plant Food during veg & Miracle Gro Bloom Booster since flowering. Added 1Tbs of molasses and epsom salt at about 2 week of flowering and have added molasses once since.
Water - Tap and I water when the soil feels dry

bis16.JPG

bis9.jpeg

bis8.jpeg

bis3.JPG

bis7.JPG

bis13.jpeg

bis15.JPG

Is_that_mildew.jpeg

Is_that_mildew2.jpeg

bis14.JPG

bis11.jpeg

bis12.jpeg

bis1.JPG

Thanks. They have gotten no worse, yet no better either? what does that tell you? Heat burn? Nute burn? nute deficiency? I moved the light a few inches higher (as high as it will go) yet the plant has grown an inch this week and back within 12" of the 6 CFL's...and again, they don't look to be getting worse. Any thoughts appreciate

it is not nute burn, because if you had a lockout in the soil or high level of nutrients it gets worse everyday...
I think it was the heat, keep me informed... but i think it will be ok, not better because the marks dont "heal" but not worse too :)

Looks like some Nute burn and the light schedule that was screwed up definitely hurt this plant........ there is 'Light Stress', I think that you have both......

Thanks. They have gotten no worse, yet no better either? what does that tell you? Heat burn? Nute burn? nute deficiency? I moved the light a few inches higher (as high as it will go) yet the plant has grown an inch this week and back within 12" of the 6 CFL's...and again, they don't look to be getting worse. Any thoughts appreciate

A late opinion, but yeah, that's light/heat burn. They simply respired faster than they could replenish - dried out in the heat under the light. But you have some gorgeous frosty leaves there. To heck with the fans - you don't need 'em now anyway.

To me that looks like its sightly over fed and has also been to close to the heat from your lamp. I say over fed as the leafs are ram horning, curling downwards. If it was just too hot from the lights the leaf damage would look different, all the points along the leaf edges would be pointing up or curling in slightly. I've found that if your feed is a bit hot it will always show up at the top of your plants nearest to the lights/heat first. I would alter both your feed and raise your light. Atb, HantsHaze........;)

Back
Top Bottom