Help please, turning yellow

Kaldean

Hi people, got a problem and it seems to be getting worse, been going on for about a week or just over, and I’m 17 days into the flip, having problems with the watering, taking long to dry out due to the weather, anyway, I’m using canna bio media, and waited the 2 week mark of the flip to change from the vega, to the Flores nutes, iv give some kalmag last feed cause I thought it might be that, here’s some pics, any help would be appreciated, thank yous :thumb:

5067BB9B-F35A-4A85-AC9D-ECE62C8EA5D2.jpeg

FF4B8339-B23C-4FBC-B042-56BA4141E835.jpeg

62A8BD92-84DB-4117-A3B8-891878018B1D.jpeg

9739D35A-8A1D-46E4-ADE6-FD4134753211.jpeg

What's the EC of your water?
How many times do you feed them?
I think that you might need to give them stronger food.
Hi Kosii, I’m sure I checked the ec on my first grow with the water company’s website, it’s on the high side, never had issues this bad before and a couple of previous grows, but the difference this time is I’m feeding them a lot less, about once a week it was, upped that to every 4 days now and upped the nutes aswell on the last feed, last night, so I’m thinking your in the right track mate with the not enough food thing

looks mostly just plain hungry but ...

what ec are you feeding at ?
what are you using for nutes ?
can you show us a pic of everything you are using for bottle nutes ?
do you have calmag ?
what's the media ? - canna has a few - which one ?
are you ph'ing for the media ?
what's the base water like ?
what are you using for light ?
are you using dimming ?
do you have access to RO ?
how are your temps ?
what size pots ?
are you feeding on a schedule or going by when the plant wants it ?

at a glance it just looks like you missed the nute bump going in to flower. little hard without knowing more.

read through for proper soil watering technique.

they are perfectly savable. just a few little hiccups to work out.

Looks like your lacking on mag.
My first thought was that for starters adding a cal-mag product to the feeding schedule should help.

Overall the plants look OK and nothing really serious. The questions that "bluter" brings up will help figure out what to do to over the next several weeks.

What "using canna bio media" did you use? Some of their products are heavy on the coco coir and some not as much. Knowing which growing media might help figure out the "taking long to dry out due to the weather".

and waited the 2 week mark of the flip to change from the vega, to the Flores nutes
Most likely this is the big thing. I firmly believe that the plant needs more nutrients for flower, a lot more, and any good blend of a flower stage fertilizer from a reputable company will help the plant. Since the plants are two and a 1/2 weeks since the light change I feel that they entered flowering about 5 days in, probably started showing the change in the growing tips between the 5th to 7th day and started showing the early signs of the stima/pistils showing about day 7. And the buds themselves are what I usually see about a week or two after the stigma/pistils start to show so your plants seem to be on schedule.

Since the plants demand so much more in the way of nutrients during the flower stage I start to provide the flowering fertilizers as soon as two weeks before they go into the flowering tent. Occasionally I might wait until they actually enter the tent but that is often based on how they had been growing during the vegetating stage.

Starting ahead of the "flip" allows that the necessary nutrients are already there for the roots to absorb as the plant starts to develop the flowers. Something to think about for the next grow cycle. I grow in a soil mix and things can be a bit different when using other types of grow media.

My first thought was that for starters adding a cal-mag product to the feeding schedule should help.

Overall the plants look OK and nothing really serious. The questions that "bluter" brings up will help figure out what to do to over the next several weeks.

What "using canna bio media" did you use? Some of their products are heavy on the coco coir and some not as much. Knowing which growing media might help figure out the "taking long to dry out due to the weather".

Most likely this is the big thing. I firmly believe that the plant needs more nutrients for flower, a lot more, and any good blend of a flower stage fertilizer from a reputable company will help the plant. Since the plants are two and a 1/2 weeks since the light change I feel that they entered flowering about 5 days in, probably started showing the change in the growing tips between the 5th to 7th day and started showing the early signs of the stima/pistils showing about day 7. And the buds themselves are what I usually see about a week or two after the stigma/pistils start to show so your plants seem to be on schedule.

Since the plants demand so much more in the way of nutrients during the flower stage I start to provide the flowering fertilizers as soon as two weeks before they go into the flowering tent. Occasionally I might wait until they actually enter the tent but that is often based on how they had been growing during the vegetating stage.

Starting ahead of the "flip" allows that the necessary nutrients are already there for the roots to absorb as the plant starts to develop the flowers. Something to think about for the next grow cycle. I grow in a soil mix and things can be a bit different when using other types of grow media.

Canna works a bit different.
You should feed Vega for the first 2 weeks of flower, while the plant is doing the stretch (bur you gotta feed it hard, that's why I think that he needs to give more food).
When you have flowers starting to form that's when you move to terra flores...unless you want to make them flower faster.
Every company is different you know.
But no matter what you feed with, like you said and I totally agree that they need more food at this stage.
@Kaldean needs to feed them more often.
I do 2 days food 1 day water, but again depending on the strain.

what ec are you feeding at ?
what are you using for nutes ?
can you show us a pic of everything you are using for bottle nutes ?
do you have calmag ?
what's the media ? - canna has a few - which one ?
are you ph'ing for the media ?
what's the base water like ?
what are you using for light ?
are you using dimming ?
do you have access to RO ?
how are your temps ?
what size pots ?
are you feeding on a schedule or going by when the plant wants it ?

at a glance it just looks like you missed the nute bump going in to flower. little hard without knowing more.

read through for proper soil watering technique.

they are perfectly savable. just a few little hiccups to work out.
Hi bluter , thanks for your reply, I will give you all the info I can from what you asked
Media is Canna bio Terra Plus Soil Mix
Nutes are canna bio vega and Flores
Pot size is 12L fabric pots
Light is new, it’s the phlizon pro 2000w, I put this in at the switch to flower, and no I ain’t dimming
Yeah I have calmag
No access to RO water
I haven’t a clue with the EC
Temps and humidity are all over the place, with the light on the temps are about 72, humidity is high, can’t do anything with it, it’s around the high 60’s low 70’ both light on and light off, temps with light off are 64
I was feeding in veg twice with nutes and then the plain ph’d water, I was getting it to 5.8-6.0, I haven’t checked ph of soil, last feed I checked the ph iv the nute mix and it was just over 7
Now that’s if I explain a little then maybe it will make it easier
First 2 grows was in the summer, when I first come on here I was told with my soil I use and the nutes that the ph is not an issue, don’t need to worry about it, and was feeding my plants every other day in flower, also, both times before when I flipped them I started using the Flores a week into the flip, the difference this time is, obviously my temps and humidity with it being the winter, but I did wait the whole 2 weeks after the flip before using the Flores, but here’s where I think my problem is, the other grows I was feeding when the plants needed it, when the soil was almost dried out 2 maybe 3 days max apart, this time I’m trying to wait for the soil to dry out and it isn’t, so iv been doing 2 plants then 4 days later the other 2, so that’s making it 8 days apart the feeds for each plant, and I also used the Flores that was 2 grows old near in 2 years, so maybe it’s that, I changed to a new one last night, , I fed all 4 plants 4 days ago, and added kalmag, 1 mill to each litre, then last night I fed just 2 again with nutes and kalmag, so I could get the feeding to 4 days apart, but I could cut that down too 2 days if needed, I’m just worried about the over watering with them not drying out, hope I made sense to ya with all that, lost meself in there didn’t i :rofl: hope that helped and thank you for your help

Hi bluter , thanks for your reply, I will give you all the info I can from what you asked
Media is Canna bio Terra Plus Soil Mix
Nutes are canna bio vega and Flores
Pot size is 12L fabric pots
Light is new, it’s the phlizon pro 2000w, I put this in at the switch to flower, and no I ain’t dimming
Yeah I have calmag
No access to RO water
I haven’t a clue with the EC
Temps and humidity are all over the place, with the light on the temps are about 72, humidity is high, can’t do anything with it, it’s around the high 60’s low 70’ both light on and light off, temps with light off are 64
I was feeding in veg twice with nutes and then the plain ph’d water, I was getting it to 5.8-6.0, I haven’t checked ph of soil, last feed I checked the ph iv the nute mix and it was just over 7
Now that’s if I explain a little then maybe it will make it easier
First 2 grows was in the summer, when I first come on here I was told with my soil I use and the nutes that the ph is not an issue, don’t need to worry about it, and was feeding my plants every other day in flower, also, both times before when I flipped them I started using the Flores a week into the flip, the difference this time is, obviously my temps and humidity with it being the winter, but I did wait the whole 2 weeks after the flip before using the Flores, but here’s where I think my problem is, the other grows I was feeding when the plants needed it, when the soil was almost dried out 2 maybe 3 days max apart, this time I’m trying to wait for the soil to dry out and it isn’t, so iv been doing 2 plants then 4 days later the other 2, so that’s making it 8 days apart the feeds for each plant, and I also used the Flores that was 2 grows old near in 2 years, so maybe it’s that, I changed to a new one last night, , I fed all 4 plants 4 days ago, and added kalmag, 1 mill to each litre, then last night I fed just 2 again with nutes and kalmag, so I could get the feeding to 4 days apart, but I could cut that down too 2 days if needed, I’m just worried about the over watering with them not drying out, hope I made sense to ya with all that, lost meself in there didn’t i :rofl: hope that helped and thank you for your help

The thing with the 2 week is a recommendation.
You should look at your plants.
I think that you are fine, just find a way to start measuring your EC.
When you grow with Canna you make less mistakes when you go by EC and not ml/gal.

Hi smokingwings, and thanks for the reply, I think your right, my plants are lacking food, I did try to answer what bluter asked, and if you check what iv been doing I think it’s there, 8 days between my plants feed, not good, iv added kalmag and I’m gunna start feeding every 2 days, but worried about water logging them thou, no more winter grows for me :rofl: thank you for your help:thumb:

Canna works a bit different.
You should feed Vega for the first 2 weeks of flower, while the plant is doing the stretch (bur you gotta feed it hard, that's why I think that he needs to give more food).
When you have flowers starting to form that's when you move to terra flores...unless you want to make them flower faster.
Every company is different you know.
But no matter what you feed with, like you said and I totally agree that they need more food at this stage.
@Kaldean needs to feed them more often.
I do 2 days food 1 day water, but again depending on the strain.
Hi kosio, and yeah I think your right, if you have a look at the reply I sent bluter about my feeding your see where iv gone wrong, thank you for your help, very much appreciated :thanks::thumb:

Hi,
When you switched from VEGA to FLORES, make sure that you didn't cut off too much nitrogen, because at this stage they still plenty of N. Also you may want to check your PH. I think in dirt, it should be between 6.5-7.5.
Hi Bakind, thanks for the reply, if you check my reply to bluter I explain what’s been going on, I think it’s definitely the feeding, I haven’t checked ph of soil, was told with my first grow with my media and nutes not to worry about it, thank you for your help :thumb::thanks:

I tend to give them epson, once a while. Has helped so far.

ph can be set aside but won't hurt to do. don't bother chasing runoff ph or ec levels. concentrate on the inputs.

the light is a bit anemic for a 4 x 4. it consumes 240w. you're only running 15w / sq ft. i run 600w in a 4x4, which is 37.5w. around 35w sq/ft is considered the sweet spot in led. with gains in lighting efficiency that level moves down a little, but 15w sq/ft is a touch weak. light drives the plant, which is part of why they are not hitting a dry cycle between feeds, and may be slow to mature.

daytime temp is ok, i like it between 20 - 24. evening temps are a bit too cool. cannabis stalls out and stops developing at 14c, you're only 3c away, so they are slowing development on you. a lot of the development is during dark cycle and you are missing out on some. a thermostatically controlled space heater could help even things out, and improve your wet / dry cycles by leaps. i run a heater in my veg space for this reason. heat is another reason you are not hitting a consistent dry cycle.

if you can get your temps even they will take right off.

learn to feed by ec / ppm on bottle nutes until you are comfortable with your read on the plants, and can tweak the feed chart to your needs. the printed charts are guidelines only.

feeding by ec allows you to add or subtract nutes yourself and maintain balance. it's easier on RO because you start with a blank slate, but it's doable on tap with those nutes. you do need to know where the starting ec of your water is and what is in it though. you can normally run a half dose of calmag if running tap. full dose on RO.

don't feed on a set schedule in soil. you need to do it by the wet / dry cycle, and how the plant is feeding. you can put coco or hempy on a schedule, but not soil. the plant will set the schedule even in coco or hempy. you can't keep a soil plant wet all the time.

they look like they could just use a little more of everything. nutes / light / heat. a little extra calmag could help bring some colour back with the extra n it provides, but i think your nute levels need up across the board.

oh i forgot, your rh sucks but it is what it is. i can't figure out how you uk guys do it. i'd have mold every time. heavier lighting will also help in higher rh climates.

have a look at those fancy vpd charts and you'll see the relationship between light / heat / humidity. i don't use them, but we all tend to grow inside the same parameters.

ph can be set aside but won't hurt to do. don't bother chasing runoff ph or ec levels. concentrate on the inputs.

the light is a bit anemic for a 4 x 4. it consumes 240w. you're only running 15w / sq ft. i run 600w in a 4x4, which is 37.5w. around 35w sq/ft is considered the sweet spot in led. with gains in lighting efficiency that level moves down a little, but 15w sq/ft is a touch weak. light drives the plant, which is part of why they are not hitting a dry cycle between feeds, and may be slow to mature.

daytime temp is ok, i like it between 20 - 24. evening temps are a bit too cool. cannabis stalls out and stops developing at 14c, you're only 3c away, so they are slowing development on you. a lot of the development is during dark cycle and you are missing out on some. a thermostatically controlled space heater could help even things out, and improve your wet / dry cycles by leaps. i run a heater in my veg space for this reason. heat is another reason you are not hitting a consistent dry cycle.

if you can get your temps even they will take right off.

learn to feed by ec / ppm on bottle nutes until you are comfortable with your read on the plants, and can tweak the feed chart to your needs. the printed charts are guidelines only.

feeding by ec allows you to add or subtract nutes yourself and maintain balance. it's easier on RO because you start with a blank slate, but it's doable on tap with those nutes. you do need to know where the starting ec of your water is and what is in it though. you can normally run a half dose of calmag if running tap. full dose on RO.

don't feed on a set schedule in soil. you need to do it by the wet / dry cycle, and how the plant is feeding. you can put coco or hempy on a schedule, but not soil. the plant will set the schedule even in coco or hempy. you can't keep a soil plant wet all the time.

they look like they could just use a little more of everything. nutes / light / heat. a little extra calmag could help bring some colour back with the extra n it provides, but i think your nute levels need up across the board.
Hi bluter, thanks for the reply, gunna take me some time to process all that, but while I am, I have a tube heater in the tent and a oil radiator outside in the bedroom next to it, I can get the temps up but I start getting condensation in the tent, humidity outside the tent, in the room is at 70 plus, so I’m a bit stuck there, and what light do you use ? I have a viparspectra 600w but went with this new one for the coverage, thought with this daylike light it would be better, the viparspectra is the blurple, so now I’m a bit iffy with this new light, any suggestions please, and thank you for your help mate, very much appreciated :thanks: :thumb:

oh i forgot, your rh sucks but it is what it is. i can't figure out how you uk guys do it. i'd have mold every time. heavier lighting will also help in higher rh climates.

have a look at those fancy vpd charts and you'll see the relationship between light / heat / humidity. i don't use them, but we all tend to grow inside the same parameters.
Yes mate I know, can’t get it down, trying to heat the whole room but can’t manage it, I will definitely not be growing in the winter again, first time iv tried, and the last :rofl: Just wanna try save these girls now, but my light I’m concerned about

Back
Top Bottom