Help Please

Kimbo Jones

Okay So I Started roughly a week ago in a setup I've made under CFL's (3 of them)

There's only the 1 Plant and this is a first time thing.

I've just watered and have found that the tips of the leaf's have a sort of white dot on the tip?!!!

I use Coco Coir and have recently transplanted to a bigger pot, I water roughly once a day and have the lights maybe 3 inches from the plant? For nutrients I use:

Cal-Mag and Jungle Juice;
Grow, Bloom and Micro

I also am sure to PH test the water before feeding my plant.

Could this be nute burn??

Any advice greatly Appreciated.
DSC_012822.JPG
DSC_012526.JPG

This was just taken 1 day before!!!

DSC_012324.JPG

Okay So I Started roughly a week ago in a setup I've made under CFL's (3 of them)

There's only the 1 Plant and this is a first time thing.

I've just watered and have found that the tips of the leaf's have a sort of white dot on the tip?!!!

I use Coco Coir and have recently transplanted to a bigger pot, I water roughly once a day and have the lights maybe 3 inches from the plant? For nutrients I use:

Cal-Mag and Jungle Juice;
Grow, Bloom and Micro

I also am sure to PH test the water before feeding my plant.

Could this be nute burn??

Any advice greatly Appreciated.
DSC_012822.JPG
DSC_012526.JPG

This was just taken 1 day before!!!

DSC_012324.JPG

Hi there, I'm also in coco and I don't feed until the 2 set of true leaves the cotyledon leaves feed the seedling, how much you feeding, maybe such a young plant you should be watering every 2 days until it has a bigger root ball then feed every day, but for the Nxt week just ph water then start low feed ppm 300pm, are you using tap water?
Did you precharge the coco coir,
Temp?
Humidity?
Nute burn generally starts of with yellow tips .
I always wait until the top layer is dry before watering, until it has a good root mass then water 1or 2 or even 3 times a day but make sure the roots have established ,

Your plant looks ok
Did you spill any feed on the leaves ?

Hey there.., :welcome: to :420: You came to the right place. From what I can tell in the pictures you've provided this is not nutrient burn. The outside edges of the leaves at the tips would start to burn/turn yellow first if it was caused by the nutes. Now, you say that it is white spots. Are the spots powdery or are they embedded into the leaf? Sometimes when you water (if there is lot of dissolved salts in the water/feed) and it sits on the leaves it will dry up and leave the salts behind, this is why I asked if it seemed powdery. Otherwise it could be related to heat stress? What are your temperatures in the grow space? If they are not getting to high, maybe there is some type of deficiency going on. Coco coir doesn't have any types of nutrients in it at all, so it is up to the grower to provide any nutrients the plant needs. Normally a seedling has enough nutrients stored inside it already to get by for a week or 2. What amounts of nutes and addatives are you giving these young plants?

Once we get some of this info anyone stopping in will have a better idea of whats going on and may also be able to chime in. Best of luck, take care!

LOL, looks like we were replying at the same time there woogie, I was slow typing haha. Good points as well! Especially on precharging the coco.

I think you could be right with over watering as I water once a day at the moment using tap water I water until it drains through the bottom. Per 250ml of water I'm putting just a tea spoon maybe less of each nutrient. Is this to much then? Should I just be doing tap water?

I did actually spill some of the leaves the other night and again it could be this I suppose.

My temperature is around 20 degrees Celsius. And humidity around 50 percent.

Apon looking at the plate underneath the water has dried with spots looking similar to what's on the leaves is there a method for trying to clean them? Or just leave as is? And no I didn't precharge not quite sure what this is?

I'm not going to water tonight then I'll water tomorow evening using just ph tested tap water. Thanks for your quick replies sorry for me taking my time.

You can try to gently brush off the salts on the leaves but dont force it any. It wont hurt anything being there, just try your best not to water right over the plant. Generally people will wait until the plant is working on its 3rd node or 2 weeks old before applying any nutrients. You can use the schedule included with the nutrients you have but always start out at 1/4 strength of what that schedule says to use and gradually up the nutrients over multiple feedings. If you start seeing any burning at the tips of the leaves then you should flush the plant, cut back the nutrients some in your mixture and then you can water again with the weaker feeding.

Okay thankyou very much :) I've tried to gently rub it with my finger and some of it has come off, but obviously not all.

Thanks for the advice! I'm sure I'll be back here in a few weeks time asking for more help as like I said this is a first time thing!

Sounds good. Glad I could be of help. Anytime you need anything someone will gladly help you out. Keeping journals and getting involved in the rest of the :420: community always helps to. This is a great place to learn, I'm glad I came here first! Best of luck and take care

Back
Top Bottom