Help? Seedling deformed

MindRage420

hey guys, season 2 for me so still a noob.
got some tangerine dream autoflower seeds from growers choice, germed and planted straight in a 5gal pot (because they are autos ive been told this is okay/ preffered)
its been about 2 weeks since i saw the first sign of it poping the soil, and since i feel its been slow moving and looking a bit odd. Im using straight roots organic, soaked fully once then wattered about a week later. was thinking maybe i over-watered it so ive since stopped watering until i feel the pot get lighter.
any advice on why the leaves are looking like this?
73321693_3368207913219604_2589525036473778176_n(1).jpg
74905567_2440988752780340_174253132505677824_n.jpg

Seems I remember reading it can be tricky watering a small plant in a large pot, but I've also had little wierdos pop up and be all gnarled out and stunty at the start (all photoperiod for full disclosure). Still made good weed though!

I'd let it flesh out, try and judge how the water is around the plant itself for a while as well as pot weight...the finger insertion trick might do it for a while. If room for a backup plan is a issue you also might start another in a small pot if you can and if this lil guy doesn't make it you can yank out his carcass (not that @carcass) and plop him (her) right into the same spot! Cheers, gl to your grow! :yahoo:

I agree with Pbass. Young plants are tricky to water correctly. A little too much is way too much it seems.
If possible try to bump up your humidity closer to 60% for seedlings.
How many true watts is that LED, and how close is it?

hey guys, season 2 for me so still a noob.
got some tangerine dream autoflower seeds from growers choice, germed and planted straight in a 5gal pot (because they are autos ive been told this is okay/ preffered)
its been about 2 weeks since i saw the first sign of it poping the soil, and since i feel its been slow moving and looking a bit odd. Im using straight roots organic, soaked fully once then wattered about a week later. was thinking maybe i over-watered it so ive since stopped watering until i feel the pot get lighter.
any advice on why the leaves are looking like this?
73321693_3368207913219604_2589525036473778176_n(1).jpg
74905567_2440988752780340_174253132505677824_n.jpg
I grow autoflower and I always start in a tiny pot then transplant to a red solo cup and finish in a 3-5 gallon pot. I think you'll be ok seeing it grew from seed in that pot but I do think it gets too much water being so small in a lg pot.

Messing with it now would be a big gamble. I would leave it be. Just don't pour water "on" it, and don't saturate the pot like one would with a mature plant. Just lightly water around the seedling about 2" away from it at least. This will allow the seedling to continue to breath while still promoting root development while it reaches out and down looking for that water.

I usually let seedlings grow to hardened off in a peat pellet then transplant.

I dont see anything wrong here. Gotta wait until at least the 2nd set of true leaves to see if there are issues. See the green cotyledons? They are still feeding the seedling. Soon the roots and true leaves will take over that duty

Back
Top Bottom