Help - Sources for P and K around the house?

BlaziNoob

Hi guys, found myself in a fix yet again. I've managed to grow a female through the veg phase and it looks like a short beauty with multiple flowering points showing clearly. I managed to get my hands on some super veg nutes which brought my plant back from the dead. However as now I am in flower no gardening store in my entire city has any flowering or bloom nutes. So I was wondering if there were any sources for P and K lying around the house or in general stores. Local gardeners have advised me to just use composted manure (khaad) for blooming flowers. Any help would be much appreciated. Can't make my own compost as I need the nutes immediately.

Will Khaad provide proper P and K for the bloom or should I add anything to it, can I suppose, give quarter strength veg nutes along with Khaad ?

Skim milk will provide both P and K at about a 1:2 ratio. Coconut water has a small amount of p and high K. Aloe juice is another high K source, along with a bunch of micro nutes.

Dilute it with water. Maybe 1-2 cups per gallon and see how it does. I'd recommend picking up some nutrients online. Any brand's 3 part system will get you through an entire grow.

Will have to import the nutes, foxfarms tiger bloom and veg nutes are available but will take 30-45 days for shipping , that's why not ordering that. Need something instant.

If you could start composting you could build yourself a water only soil. 1 part peat, 1 part compost, 1 part aeration(perlite, rice hulls, lava rocks) is the base recipe for living organic soil.

Other household items I know of: eggshells - calcium, banana peels - potassium, Epsom salts(pharmacy) - magnesium, sulfur, wood ash - potassium, coffee grounds - nitrogen, potassium.

Thanks, but composting is something I could do before I start the grow. Il start on the skim milk&water formula. Any thing I could use to help the buds fatten up would be great though.

I have a micronutrients bottle which I can mix with the water and skim milk, should I give any nitrogen though or should I completely cut off nitrogen

Every watering or every other watering. And I'd keep feeding nitrogen until the last 2-3 weeks of flower, just lower the dosage.

Wood ash is "K", bone meal will take care of the rest. It's ok to add some blood meal. Everything from any big box store

I added slightly less than 1 tsp of woodash on top of the soil , then watered with a milk- water combo. Is that ok, my pot is about 2 gallon.

Keep an eye on her, she may want more. It's always best to go with less. There are many makers of liquid organic ferts which take most of the guesswork out of your day.

Another thought. Not knowing where you live, any goat farm will give you goat poop which is perfect and does not require composting. A garbage bag full or a 5 gal. Bucket will last a long time.

Back
Top Bottom