help! thinking about throwing in the towel

Mh put off a lot of the light that plants need in veg, but doesn't carry the red spectrum for flower. Could be great supplemental lighting, but you'll want something different to get the right spectrum to get the most out of your plants

They have to test them first, so it'll be at least 6 months til they're on the market. The last time they tried a cob light it failed, so hopefully this one is made right. You'll have to check if the ballast can interchange between hps and mh, cause then you'd only need the hps bulb to flower

What do u mean by cob light? And that I do not know I've only ever seen these types of bulbs used out here but I don't know if that's because the mh bulbsAre cheaper and durable because we break them all the time but whatever the reason I'll definitely check and see if an hps will work...So would hps and mh set up give me better growth and denser buds?

What do u mean by cob light? And that I do not know I've only ever seen these types of bulbs used out here but I don't know if that's because the mh bulbsAre cheaper and durable because we break them all the time but whatever the reason I'll definitely check and see if an hps will work...So would hps and mh set up give me better growth and denser buds?

Cob lights are "chip on board" led lights, where they cluster a bunch into a tiny space. They probably use mh at your work because of the light it puts out, red light spectrum is probably too dim at a distance. Mh and hps will give dense buds, much better than CFL will. But led is slowly taking its place, using less power to get the same yield

O ok...Yeah I just watched a video on hps and mh bulb differences and yeah hps bulbs definitely wouldn't work out here at work it's like the difference between 6500k and 2700k cfls just on a bigger scale...I think I'll just get the mars when I have the money cuz I really don't wanna have to get the big fans I'm going to need to vent all the heat the mh will produce

LED's run about 25% cooler in total heat output , although about 75% less heat is radiated from the LED's front, instead the heat comes from it's case.
Most of the heat is expelled by internal case fans keeping the *unit* cool not so much the surrounding room air.

Since the LED's light is cooler coming from the panel you can move it closer without given the plants a burn.

Either light you choose you will need a similar sized fan , which is not a issue its normal , more lights more fan cfm less lights less cfm.

Portable ac is great, and dehumidifier is great to drop humidity during flower. You'll still need a small exhaust fan, but nothing big if you use ac. I would just get tent sent to your house. Even Walmart sells them, so don't worry about shipping. I get everything, from nutes to seeds and lights sent directly to my house with no problems

If you want to have a closed system , using the ac / dehumidifier you will need to add Co2 to your room , in place of fresh air.
Normally fresh air has enough Co2 for the plants , it will be used up quickly by the plants in a closed environment. They change Co2 to oxygen.

You can use a propane burner for Co2 , if your safe about it.

A blue flame will make small amounts of carbon monoxide while making large amounts of co2 , a orange flame will make large amounts of carbon monoxide and small amounts of Co2 ( You would use a BLUE flame)

you should install a Co / carbon monoxide detector / alarm so you can turn off the burner if the levels become to high.

A Co2 meter would be MOST helpful so you know how much co2 is present and adjust the propane burner accordingly.

Many people use bottle Co2 instead , they have metering systems with either a built in Co2 meter or you would need to use a stand alone meter to check Co2 levels.

Co meters are cheap , Co2 meters are expensive.

I am currently Pricing Co2 meters for my Propane burner use , As this winter I am using carbon air filters and a dehumidifier with a propane burner to keep the air quality where I want it. the Co meters are from $8 to $40 bucks and will save a life the Co2 meters are $200 to $400 and will help you to keep the Co2 levels where the plants like it.

Carbon monoxide is harmful at levels around 50 ppm Co2 levels are harmful at 5000ppm for more then 8 hours or 30,000ppm for short durations.

If you choose to use Propane to make co2 *for sure* get a Carbon Monoxide detector.

Back
Top Bottom