help! thinking about throwing in the towel

roughneck 102

20141217_101707.jpg
20141217_101720.jpg
20141217_101734.jpg
20141217_101801.jpg
Okay so I thought I had a nute burn issue the other day so I flushed them with 7 ph Water and now they are extremely wilted leaves are still yellowing and are now starting to twist...I did notice before I flushed them that most of the branches are turning reddish purple like magnesium deficiency please help cuz I'm a new grower been having a lot of issues thinking about giving up and goin back to buying if they die :(

Looks like a cal/mag deficiency and a slight nitro deficiency, and a dash of over watering. It's easy to fix and the results won't appear overnight, so don't give up. These plants are very resilient. Let them dry out a couple days and add 5ml cal/mag to your nutes. What nutes and medium and lights are you using?

You'll need more light on them that's for sure. Most any grow store will cal/mag, and if not there's always online. One of the big problems is the miracle gro you're using. It's usually packed with time release nutrients, which messes with cannabis feeding schedule. Your best bet would be to transplant into a regular soil or soilless medium. If not then just keep feeding them plain pH'd water for a while

Cal Mag deficiencies are very common with weed a must have micro nutrient for all growers really, also try a liquefied seaweed fertilizer, with low numbers like 0.6 , 0.2 , 0.6 or the like.

I am suggestion liquid seaweed fertilizer (as a tonic) because it is such a well rounded micro nutrient rich formula as a bonus its mother natures design.

If you have water logged the plants and it needs to evaporate more water, a fan blowing over it would help speed up the drying out process.

You'll want 60 percent humidity or higher in veg, but not so much that water starts dripping. In flower you'll want less than 40 percent humidity and 150 watts per plant at least. No matter what happens, don't give up. Just do a little more research and prep for the next grow better. We all started somewhere.

I feel you on the wanting to just quit. But its helpful to figure these problems out now. If you do not figure out the problems now, you have unknowns going into your next grow. It could be your setup, it could be many things. Its a good idea to figure it out now as frustrating as it is.

Are you growing multiple plants in 1 planter? From what I see in previous posts of yours it looks like you have 2-3 plants in 1 planter. I am not too sure if that is a good idea. The roots need room to grow and breath and growing 2-3 plants in 1 planter is not exactly the way to grow. I see you were using miracle grow as your fertilizer. Many would say this is a no-no but you can do it, you have to dilute the solution even more than what the box or package says, the nutes you are giving it are not meant for cannabis and are possibly way to strong. If you do feed the plants I would dilute whatever the package of MG says by at least 50%. If it is a 10-10-10 (NPK values) MG then I would dilute it down to like 5-5-5 by either adding half what they recommend on the package or using 2x the amount of water. What are you growing in, what soil is that. From previous pictures it looks like you are growing in mulch or something like that. Your soil might be a problem. It might be allowing the roots to even get nutrients. It looks really loose to me, while roots do grow best in soil that is easy to breath in, roots need oxygen and that is why overwatering causes them to start to weep, its because they are oxygen deprived and cannot breath. Is the soil plain soil or is it a soil that was enriched with nutrients already. Like a miracle grow soil. If your soil already has nutrients in it you do not need to be giving any nutrients to the plant, other than maybe Calcium or Magnesium as a supplement. Some MG soils have NPK values, like 10-10-10, and they last for sometimes months, they are time release feeding and do not require extra nutrients. Make sure you know what you are using as soil/medium.

I think you have a lot of problems going on.

1) Growing 2-3 plants in 1 planter? Each plants root system is being interfered with by the other plants close by.
2) Fertilizing too early on, usually people wait like 3-4 weeks after initial leaves before giving the plants nutrients.
3) Whatever soil you are growing in might be causing you problems with the rooting system of the plants.

It is not uncommon to have problems but you have a lot going on. You look to be quite far and the roots of the plants might be past saving if you indeed have 3 plants growing in one planter. I am not even sure how you would go about separating and transplanting 3 plants that have already had time to grow that large. I am not saying start over, its just I do not know how you can remedy this. The thing is your problems might be past saving at this point. The plant (s) will only get worse as they grow larger and their root systems compete over one another. Your best available option might be to chop down 2 of the plants but do not take my word on that. I am not as experienced with problems like this as others might be. Your plants may already be too stressed to survive a transplant or a chopping down.

I hope someone else has answers for you. Sorry.

I definitely think it is a problem with the roots though. But that is not to say that other parts of your setup are not causing the roots to be a problem. Like I mentioned having more than 1 plant per planter. Using miracle grow to early and using to strong a NPK when using miracle grow (it needs to be diluted read up on how much other people are diluting the brand of MG you are using). Whatever soil that is you need to find out what it is because for some reason it just does not look right to me. It almost looks like its just mulch and as I mentioned roots need a slightly airy soil but not as airy as I am seeing with your setup.

The soil is mg potting soil yellow bag has mulch in it which is y the wood chips I'm going to let top soil dry out real good pull plants take pics of roots and try separating them if they make it great if not I'll start over and try again...So what I need help with is for my next grow can someone give me a breakdown list of what I will need that is cheap and works well...ie what kinda soil fertilizers EVERYTHING to make my growing a breeze!

I use general hydroponics 3 part and their cal/mag for nutes. I grow in straight perlite hempy buckets. It's the easiest way to learn to grow. Start plants in root riot plugs in solo cups then transplant to their big homes around 3 weeks. In my sig is links to ongoing grows and the playground thread is for people to get help and ask questions, so feel free to soak up all the knowledge you can there. It's all a learning curve, so don't take anything to heart and ask lots of questions

Back
Top Bottom