help! thinking about throwing in the towel

Herbies head shop. They also have a single seed centre so you can try lots of different strains.

And as a beginner grower, I would look into hempy style growing. Straight perlite, impossible to over water, no root rot. And with hydro you see problems right away and can fix easily. It's passive hydro, so no pumps or coolers needed, just water by hand

Nirvana shop or highgrade seeds is the two I have used. High grade makes you pay through paypal using your debit card/credit card. He will send you information on how to pay him. What I had to do with high grade was log into my paypal and click send money option. I sent the money to the account he gave me he gave me and he confirmed my payment. Then my seeds arrived about 6 days later. With nirvana I have had it where it takes 2-4 weeks for the seeds to arrive but I did not have to go through paypal and I was charged a service fee for using a credit card.

Many of the places accept check, cash, money order, bank wires only. Most of the places you buy are overseas. Nirvana is based overseas, high grade is based in Canada. I do not think it is typical to get seeds in less than a week like I did. Sometimes your package is intercepted, I never had that happen but others have. Sometimes it takes longer to process your payment, other times it just takes longer because most of the seed banks are overseas in Europe. From what I have read from high grade forums some people it took 4 weeks to get their seeds so both places will take time of about 2-4 weeks on average.

Also check out some of this websites sponsors, they have seeds and a few have tried them with great success. This is my first grow using high grade so I am not exactly sold on them yet until I see what the genetics look like. I only just sprouted my first NL seed from them so I will do a review on the company later. Nirvan I have had no problems with. Ask around others might have other suggestions.

i suggest drip feed if your going to do hydro , Use a proven method and follow the recipe to a tee , with no deviation or 'messy with the ppm etc etc.

Drip feed is great for the beginner if your good at following instructions., if you like to be a bit of a Maverick you would probably kill them in short order if not record speed, having a Mentor to start you off would be most helpful , I think most of us were shown the ropes or finer details at some point by a friend etc. if you have No one near by you have thousands on this site to seek help from.

its a Piece of cake once you know the recipe and show restraint in fertilizing the girls.

With hempy you don't need to watch ppm, ec, or any of the stuff that starts to complicate growing. What you put in is what you get out, so all you need to do is check your pH. Don't even need to check runoff. I've had a few hempy grows and haven't had any deficiencies or issues to date. It's the honest to god simplest way to grow. Just Google hempy bucket and you'll see. It's literally too simple, and that's why I love it

I know I didn't wanna transplant them but maybe they will recover if not lesson learned I will never grow multiple plants together again will keep u updated...where did u say I can purchase northern lights with my debit card

I almost gave up on 2 plants. I transplanted into Fox Farms Ocean Forest and they pulled through. They are thriving now. Take a look at my journal here.

Supergroomer:peace:

Yes exactly. But I am pretty sure you would just get a letter saying they confiscated your mail because it was on a listed contraband list. I have never gotten my seeds I ordered confiscated. A lot of the seed banks you order from will try multiple time if necessary to get you your order so even if it does not arrive the first time they will try again. I wouldn't go ordering hundreds of seeds or anything like that but the government does not have the money to track down all the people ordering contraband and investigate them. After all maybe I did not order it, maybe someone just sent it to me, my aunt from Amsterdam decided to anonymously send me a package. Kind of hard to prove it is yours unless they are waiting for you outside your house in some sting operation, but even then the laws are set up to where they are not going to do that because seeds are illegal but the penalties are vague. I have not heard of anyone arrested and sentenced to years in prison for being caught with seeds. I am sure there are but I would not worry about it that much really. Worst case is they take it, send you a letter (maybe even that costs them money), and the seed bank re-sends your order. Think about how much contraband people order, drugs from canada and india, fruit from nigeria, to send a letter to every single person when they find contraband is highly unlikely as it would eat up to much cost for the government. Their really is not much they can do about it other than just take it.

And by intercepted dc what do u mean like confiscated by authorities?

Take a chance. I ordered from a site sponsor, had the beans in a few days, seriously. A few days. Had the beans soaking in water an hour after the mailman gave me the nice discreet package. I didn't pay for fancy shipping. There is just way to much stuff for 'them' to worry about and look for. I know it happens, they do confiscate some, but. I have a buddy being sent pounds in the mail -- think they are intercepting many seeds? Good luck. I debated a long time before I ordered mine, no regrets but I wish i did sooner ;)

I actually ordered from two companies, one was a site sponsor. But, wanting to get one, I ordered from two. I ended up with both in the mail. Site sponsors came the fastest, I was amazed at the way they do it, simple. It shouldn't be that hard anyway, friggin seeds that grow in the ground, but dont get me going on that. Good luck. Be more concerned with the security of your grow, then the beans coming in the mail.

You can use coco, but coco has a tendency to try to build up salts, and you have to prep it before you use it. Perlite is cheaper and easier.

I still germinate in paper towels and then plant into root riot plugs. Once the seed pops above ground I put it in a solo cup with perlite like a mini hempy. Then I transplant into final home at 3 weeks old. If you're using autoflower, skip the solo cup and go directly to final pot.

Ok I read on another site u can use 100% perilite? How does it receive it's nutrients from the water reservoir? And has anyone used nirvana northern lights strain? Where do I get root riot plugs? And what size container u use for final home?

Yes, all perlite. It gets its nutrients when you water it. You water it daily till the roots hit the reservoir, and you'll know when that is cause the plant will explode with growth. I water everyday with full strength nutes and have no problems. For an auto 3 gallons is perfect. For a photo strain 3 or 5 gallon. The rule is 1 gallon for every month the plant will live. My auto is in 3 gallons and my PC that vegged three months is in a 5 gallon. The nutrients and root riot plugs I always get on amazon, pretty much where I get everything but seeds. I know a lot of people on here have grown nirvana northern lights. As far as I know it's a stable strain with no problems. Can't remember hearing any complaints other than the random "didn't germinate" every once in a while, but that can happen with any of them.

Back
Top Bottom