help! thinking about throwing in the towel

That's just to make sure your pH meter itself is calibrated properly. To actually change the pH of your feedings you'll need general hydroponics pH up and pH down.

You'll want to make sure and calibrate your pH meter once a week. I do my nutes 5 gallons at a time, so I calibrate it every time I mix up a batch.

I pour a little 4.01 into the cap of my meter and put it on loosely. Let it sit for a minute and see where it's at. When it settles, adjust the meter to 4.01, and repeat for 7.0

I think the really really expensive ones stay true a lot longer, but I test mine each time cause it's a ten dollar cheapie and always ends up being about .5 off before calibration.

Screenshot_2014-12-19-19-01-56.png
Yeah this one is the one I got off Amazon it tests the ph right? Or is there a simpler one?

Just some calibration fluid, pH up and down, and a fan to circulate the air. If you need stealth growing, you'll have to look into carbon filters and can fans. I live in the boonies, so I don't use filters. Paint walls flat white or use mylar/panda film to cover walls. You have cal/mag in list, right? It can get costly, but you'll get your money back after a grow or two. Street prices here are 400+ an ounce, so growing was my only option with the way I smoke. I'll check around my room and see if I'm missing anything. Garden wire if you plan to top and train.

I know a lot of the training and stuff can seem scary at first, but I would try as much as you can with the first grow so you can tweak as you go. My first grow I topped it, flattened the canopy, supercropped it accidentally, and scrogged it. Even split the stem down the center on accident lol. Plant recovered perfectly and gave me two ounces. Now I can't grow a plant without doing all kinds of training. And since you're using CFL, you will want to top and scrog her. CFL don't penetrate well, so a flat even canopy will get you the best yield. Just jump in and don't be afraid. Hell, in a month or so I'll be making fem seeds of thc bomb, wwxbb, C99 and fast and vast auto. I'll hook ya up with some seeds when I get it going. That'll give you plenty to train with and reduce a lot of your cost. Most good strains are about 20 bucks a seed, so if you want some good strains this spring, let me know.

Ok got ph calibration fluid ph up and down 2 fans and already have cal/mag from trying to save this grow...definitely gonna top and train just not gonna try and get to crazy... but definitely wanna try that tutt style training u sent Me a link to that's the direction I wanna head short big waisted girls with Lots of colas...And I have ten acres so not worried about the smell...And what is scrogging? Hell yeah I'd love some good strains that I know u have had no problem growing...how do u make fem seeds?

Ok got ph calibration fluid ph up and down 2 fans and already have cal/mag from trying to save this grow...definitely gonna top and train just not gonna try and get to crazy... but definitely wanna try that tutt style training u sent Me a link to that's the direction I wanna head short big waisted girls with Lots of colas...And I have ten acres so not worried about the smell...And what is scrogging? Hell yeah I'd love some good strains that I know u have had no problem growing...how do u make fem seeds?

Yeah, the guy who does the tutt style also does the Flux, which is real popular here. Scrogging is when you top and train the branches out flat instead of up, and when you go to flower you put a net over it and weave the plant into it to keep the entire canopy level. Pretty much a necessity for growing with CFL. Ten acres, that's nice man. I'd be doing outdoor grows in spring with that kinda land.

To make fem seeds is easy. You buy colloidal silver and water it down to 50 ppm, and when a plant starts to flower you spray the flowers everyday with it. After a few weeks it'll produce female pollen which will pollinate the plant and produce feminized seeds. There's tutorials on this site for everything, so once you get comfy with growing you can start getting into this stuff. After spending about 300 bucks on seeds you'll want to learn cloning and seeding so you can make them seeds worth the price.

Ok cool this shit is so intense man makes me excited like I'm gonna have another kid or get married again...Well I would do an outdoor grow if I was further from the city but I'm only five miles outside of town and there are lots of planes that fly by cuz I live by cotton farms and in Texas non the less so fuck that they don't fuck around down here

Back
Top Bottom