Help to understand the concentration of industrial CBD oil!

oldoak

420 Member
I welcome all the participants of this branch and thank you for such an invaluable contribution to this unexplored, and in my country, criminally punishable case! I apologize for my English - I write through a translator.
I ask experts to clarify: the cost of 10 ml of 10% / 1000 mg of cbd oil, on average, is $ 50, for the preparation of which it is necessary, at least 7 g of the strain, with a cbd content of -/+ 15%, the cost of which, depending on the state, 7 * 15 = $ 105, excluding the cost of production and 100% conversion of cbd into oil.
The actual question is: is the cost of production so cheap, or does the quality (cbd content) of the oil not correspond to the declared? Or is there something I don't understand?

not an expert by any stretch…

the 15 percent multiplier seems out of place… the percentage of cbd is dictated by the strain one is growing. Some cbd strains may test at 4% while others may measure out 23%. No two strains are identical… heck even within 1 strain there are phenotype differences so 1 White Widow may test high while a sister White Widow plant from exact same parents tests much lower…

I’m having a hard time, don’t think ratios are correct. There’s no way it takes 7 grams of flower to make 10 mil of oil…

nothing gets 100% conversion…

in normal cases reputable companies would want their product percentages to match the label however its the green gold rush, it’s an unregulated product and because it’s illegal they can do most anything they want.

I’m going to invite @InTheShed to take a better stab at your maths and my piss poor attempt at explaining this. Please hang tight Shed is a busy man but will drop in soon hopefully!

welcome to 420…!

Добро пожаловать в 420…!
First of all, thank you for such a prompt and worthy response - I did not expect such feedback!!!
Of course, my rough calculations "by eye" are not empirical, but most likely are very idealized and removed from reality, and are given only so that the participants in the discussion understand the essence of my question. I have been studying this forum for a long time, in order to manufacture medicines for my wife, who has been suffering from epilepsy for more than 10 years, because in the country in which I live, at the moment, everything related to cannabis / marijuana (these two concepts are not separated here) is cruelly followed by law (if so to speak), although CBD is not included in the list of prohibited drugs. And so, just a few weeks ago, the above products appeared on the Internet, the cost of which is quite acceptable, compared to the risk that the entire process of growing / producing CCO, CBD oils is caused by. I would like to know what is the real concentration of cbd in these oils? Because in my opinion 100 mg/ml is a very good concentration, and 300 mg is not much more expensive!

I’m going to invite @InTheShed to take a better stab at your maths
Thanks for the tag 13!
10 ml of 10% / 1000 mg of cbd oil
Most of the commercial oil I've seen gives the total mg per bottle rather than an actual percentage of CBD/ml, so are you saying that this is a 10ml bottle with 100mg in it? Or with 10% of 1000mg (which is 100mg)?

10ml with 100mg in it is just 10% CBD solution, which doesn't seem all that concentrated if that's correct.

Also, is this full spectrum (whole plant with a small % of THC)? Was it made from industrial hemp? Is it CO2 extracted?

There are lots of variables in the commercial production of CBD oil, and that's when it's from a legit company with actual CBD in it! A lot of stuff sold today might not be anywhere close to what's on the label since it's entirely unregulated.

Или с 10% от 1000 мг (что составляет 100 мг)?

10 мл со 100 мг в нем - это всего лишь 10% раствор CBD, который не кажется таким уж концентрированным, если это правильно.
Thank you for responding so quickly to my "call for help" lol
10% in 10 ml of solution, that is, 1000 mg CBD per 10 ml.
Here is one example.

I'm still not clear on what the 10% represents. If there are 1000mg in a 10ml bottle that would be 100mg/ml.
That's right. But this, in my opinion, is a fairly strong concentration, for the preparation of which 8 g of a strain with a cbd content of 15% and a conversion rate of 85% is needed. Which, in turn, casts doubt on the economic efficiency of this enterprise. Or they consider the level of CBD according to the "passport", regardless of the quality of the raw materials themselves.
If I'm wrong somewhere, please correct me.

Back
Top Bottom