Help! what's causing this?

I dont understand what the hell is going on with my grow.

This is the second time for this.

I did a full res change clean yesterday because I thought I was seeing some root rot.

This is what I did:

Drained, clean, replenish with TAP WATER w/150 ml per gal of peroxide running plants on this for 6 hours.

Re-drained, cleaned replenished with RO water and the following nutes at 2/3rds feed value per gallon:

AN Sensi Grow A & B
AN B52
Cal-Mag
Hygrozyme

ph current 5.8
ppm 940
water temp 65
air temp 82-84

Each photo is above tub 1st then under lid of respective tub:
PA080015.JPG
PA080014.JPG
PA080018.JPG

Second tub:
PA080016.JPG
PA080017.JPG

150ml/gal sounds like a lot of peroxide to me. Usually only a few drops a gallon at most. I would clean and change res and run for one or two days at a 6.5 - 6.8 PH of plain water. Can you post your amounts of your ferts per gallon? They look very green and healthy but your roots look to be suffering some. What is your setup? Is it DWC with undercurrent? Are you spraying your net pots?

4twenty: The 150ml per gal was suggested by the folks at AN when I mentioned I thought I had some root rot issue going on. And that was only for a 6 hr bath.

I'm not looking atm, but if I recall correctly, normally we would add 1-2tsp per gal to nutrient water. A bit more if trying to clean out a baddie in the nutes.

Nutrient amounts:
Sensi A & B 12ml per gal
B52 5ML per gal
Voodoo 5ML per gal
Calmg+ 1.25 tspn per gal

I rounded above, but basically I'm running at 2/3rds suggested nutrients per AN calculator.

My setup is DWC, two tubs, both tubs have open drain to external pump, pumping to chiller, returning to another "T" above waterline of tubs. So it's recirculating DWC. I dont know the definition of undercurrent, maybe the same? No longer are there pumps in the tubs feeding the netpots.

I sprayed the netpots during res clean the other day. I used 500ppm hard ass top 5 worst in the country tap water.

An un thought of thing came up yesterday when I talked to the hydro guy about the "organic" calmg+ I am using. I mentioned having given my plants this 6 hr bath with peroxide. He says "Bingo". Foam from residual peroxide cleaning stuff. Just like when we pour peroxide on a wound. And to top it all off, I added some peroxide when I saw the foamy bubbles yesterday thinking I have a problem. Thereby perpetuating the same thing that worries me.

So, I havent re-cleaned. I'm waiting at least another 24 hrs. I just took a peak in some 12 hrs or so since my last look and there are less "suds". Hopefully all will be well.

The hydro guy also mentioned the brownish tiny globs I saw on the roots may have been caused by hygrozyme eating whatever it eats and creating what it actually creates on the roots and it wasnt root rot (the tiny globs were brown not black).

Hygrozyme, has some brownish color to it, but B52 has lots of color and smell to boot. This and the nutes color may have only been staining my roots, making me paranoid.

Sorry for the entire book you had to read. Just trying to be complete. The next 24-48 hrs should tell me more.

PP, thanks, but that's part of the entire system too. When I ran the 6 hr peroxide bath I also ran the chiller and external pump. When I drain I keep them going. When water level gets low I started adding back 4 gals at a time that gets pumped back out thinning and flushing. Eventually I run until no return water or just a slight trickle.

In the end I think it was just peroxide doing it's thing and I hadnt thought of that. Plants look great now. Roots are fine.

Back
Top Bottom