Help With Identifying Possible Early PM Issue...and its fallout

The pics sent are from WW.
They are lite eaters of base nutrients, love boosters tho.
Yours look indica heavy with the darker broad leaves. But, it's a little early to tell.
Try to get your runoff pH as close to 7 ish as you can.
Good luck with your grow.

Keep in notes.... From "tricam" ... Guessing the broader and darker the leaves~ it could be indica strain...
Didn't even know there was a sativa and indica strain for the White Widow" strain...

Toke who's growing is using the hydroponic method (must re read to double check that)... Not sure if the pH is for Hydroponically grown plants or for typical organic soil growth."

Toke stated some concerns with white specks that look less than a solid millimeter in size to me... Some say could simply be airborne dust...

Great advices... In notes and OneNotes
Dated: 5.14.17

pH is is important in all grow mediums. The range of operation is slightly different.
What I referenced was for soil.
I grow in all mediums for diversity. And a better understanding there unique needs.
As for the white dots....
COULD be dust...or bugs....or PM...a lot of the time it's nothing more than bad pH practices. Buffers are added to soil and hydro nutes. This buffer aids in pH upswing. Environment has an effect on proper function of pH.
I see white dots. Magnify to ID. Not PM. Wipe off no problem....dont wipe off.... Not PM. Look for bugs, webs, chewing marks, or shit. None found. Check pH and environmental parameters.
Treat the cause of the problem.

pH is is important in all grow mediums. The range of operation is slightly different.
What I referenced was for soil.
I grow in all mediums for diversity. And a better understanding there unique needs.
As for the white dots....
COULD be dust...or bugs....or PM...a lot of the time it's nothing more than bad pH practices. Buffers are added to soil and hydro nutes. This buffer aids in pH upswing. Environment has an effect on proper function of pH.
I see white dots. Magnify to ID. Not PM. Wipe off no problem....dont wipe off.... Not PM. Look for bugs, webs, chewing marks, or shit. None found. Check pH and environmental parameters.
Treat the cause of the problem.

Ive been watering them between 6.5 and 6.7 PH after I adjust the water. Its been 12 days since I checked the run off for soil PH and they were all 6.5 at that time. How often do people generally check soil PH? Also, I'm sure you're more on point with it being dust. Most likely from moving topsoil around from when I check for watering. I tweaked out with a jewelers loop for a while but I had trouble making heads or tails as nothing was moving. So i just wiped it off and carried on.

Im picking up my ventilation system tomorrow so the environment should stabilize and hopefully bring my RH down from 80% to something a little more reasonable even if its still in the upper threshold.

I check ph like a madwoman... and I have ph perfect nutes! I just use litmus strips, but I have an endless supply... every time you water, I'm told, you want to check going in and run off.

As these ladies are for my anxiety I am for sure prone to paranoia haha. Thanks for the response! I will keep em going and see how they progress. Just making sure I am not missing something blatant or irreversible.
Can you get a closer picture like zoomed in and clear? I'm gonna go with the perlite dust theory but I like to be extra safe.

Definitely not pm. Anytime I've seen it you have to look down the leaf from an angle. It's very hard to notice when looking straight on. And I haven't seen it show up it spects. It's more in patches

AnddySocial - Ill it a pic up in a bit!

Defectndesign - thanks for taking a look! I think you're right. I haven't seen anything "progress" and the plants are looking pretty healthy for the most part. I noticed it on all the plants and thought the worst. Didn't help that the hydro store ppl said it was more than likely PM after asking a load of question.

They lost me when he said I should kill the plants and start over. Then started pushing me to buy a kit if I really wanted to be successful....then a 30 pint dehumidifier. Then once I harvest "I can sell to my buddies and come back and upgrade." I'm just thinking "buddy what sorta pyramid scheme you cookin up over here." Of course he finished up by saying that they're ethical and hey just want to setup people correctly yada yada yada. Are all shops like this?

AnddySocial - Ill it a pic up in a bit!

Defectndesign - thanks for taking a look! I think you're right. I haven't seen anything "progress" and the plants are looking pretty healthy for the most part. I noticed it on all the plants and thought the worst. Didn't help that the hydro store ppl said it was more than likely PM after asking a load of question.

They lost me when he said I should kill the plants and start over. Then started pushing me to buy a kit if I really wanted to be successful....then a 30 pint dehumidifier. Then once I harvest "I can sell to my buddies and come back and upgrade." I'm just thinking "buddy what sorta pyramid scheme you cookin up over here." Of course he finished up by saying that they're ethical and hey just want to setup people correctly yada yada yada. Are all shops like this?

Not the one I go to. If anything he's told me what I don't need.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone! They seemed to healthy to let go!

Vespertine - Man oh man. Went in for 2 gallon smart pots and the next thing I know its defcon 1 and ive most likely got PM. Which unless I spend the money to "do it right" ill keep running into the same "issues."

Ogwillis - Im going to go ahead and assume that its from the perlite in the soil.

Tricam - Thanks for the pics. Much obliged! Its been a few days since I checked my soil PH but it was 6.5 when I did.

IMG_43648.JPG
IMG_436314.JPG
Ma brother. The hydrostores love picking pockets . I've had these spots before, turned out it was dust and crap from the ceiling falling onto my girls.
One tip, Don't forget to look for items, such as: tents / light setups on places like "gumtree" just places where private sales go down.

Got this 1.2x2.4x2.0 tent for 50 dollars off a local grower that called it quits.

2fc175768f1f06830c457450d4993a19.jpg

So keep that in mind. Make a list of what you need to finish the grow, then, categorize them in priority order and slowly aquire said items one by one. I started with bare minimums and DIY in mind, you can do this brotha!

Also, anything Tricam says is usually a gold mine of info. Definitely listen to his advice :)

c197511cf69cccd9498431b4d7054a7d.jpg
bf8af85803a35838bc2eb222c37ee2cc.jpg

Ma brother. The hydrostores love picking pockets . I've had these spots before, turned out it was dust and crap from the ceiling falling onto my girls.
One tip, Don't forget to look for items, such as: tents / light setups on places like "gumtree" just places where private sales go down.

Got this 1.2x2.4x2.0 tent for 50 dollars off a local grower that called it quits.

2fc175768f1f06830c457450d4993a19.jpg

So keep that in mind. Make a list of what you need to finish the grow, then, categorize them in priority order and slowly aquire said items one by one. I started with bare minimums and DIY in mind, you can do this brotha!

Also, anything Tricam says is usually a gold mine of info. Definitely listen to his advice :)

c197511cf69cccd9498431b4d7054a7d.jpg
bf8af85803a35838bc2eb222c37ee2cc.jpg

Thanks man and thats a sweet setup you've got there! Im thankful I don't have too much more to get but its taken a little over a month to get things one by one like you said. I have been looking for stuff second hand but it have not had a ton of luck finding stuff that makes sense. Surely glad its not PM. Part of the original scare was thinking my humidity was higher than it actually was. Replaced my hygrometer and its been a consistently between 45%-55% and 77 degrees.

Back
Top Bottom