Help with LED choice

Haha, hijacking at its best! I only lst'd her, I was going to top her but decided against it as was my first ever auto. I should've scrogged her in hindsight...

Never cut or transplant an auto :)

I tried to like scrogging but a scrog till harvest is not fun to take care of imho. I start bending amd tying, then i put on a temporary screen and then remove it to tie it down even more. So i have a plant flat as a scrog but can lift it out for watering or going to the movies. LOL

A mars hydrow 300w is only 75$ on ebay

The only thing to fear is bad weed
If you in the states and you not paying heavy import taxes. And stand a chance it gets confiscated. Then it is cheap. I would not go under 600w for 1m × 1m tent. Ad is that price of $75 a mars 11 hydro.
They keep coming out with better shit...
Those less powerful lights keep them low.

a friend in need is a friend in deed!!! a friend with weed is better!!

Want your light growing for many years? Go for white light, not blurple. Trust me. . . Switched from one of the brands you mentioned because parts of it broke after only 3 grows and i am amazed . not only the plants grow alot better, another big plus is that you see how the plants really look like and not have to take them out or examine them with a flashlight causing any stress when look out for deficiencies or pests.

For veg and bloom 4000K is fine. Or 5000K for veg and 3000K for bloom would be ideal too.

White COBs from the big brands put out more light within the PAR range per Watt then any Old Tech LED Panel.

Just tell me if you want more information. I dont want to sell stuff but i like people grow efficient without the need of buying a new light every time the warranty runs out

Remember a lot of people showing their panels are using them for the first time and some of the big toobers get them for free ;] but if you see a panel perform over a couple of years without rising heat and suffering yields, give it a try.

I agree there is alot of shit out their. Everyone jumping on the band wagon to make a buck.

Looking great man. Looks like that 300w is all you (and probably I) need!
What tent you using mate?
im thinking of getting a Secret Jardin DS60 3.0 60x60x140, should be plenty for my needs
I got a 2m tall tent. And once your lights are hanging you have far from that amount of space available then still clearance from light to canopy.
I don't know why they even make them so small. Just my opinion.

I'm using a generic 3 long 3 wide 6 high

The only thing to fear is bad weed
Same and battle with 2 in their.

Hi Mackdaddy! Yea, I have a grow journal going right now...the link is below in my signature. I got the Mars Hydro at about week 3, so you could say the whole grow has been under the LED. The 2x2 tent I have is about 63" high and I need at least 8" clearance at the top for the exhaust fan and duct and that gives me the furthest height the light can be from the plants. Luckily I'm growing autos, so they generally don't get as tall as photos.

As for why the viparspectra, I would have gotten that instead of the Mars because I like the separate veg/bloom switches the viparspectra has and the mars doesn't. The mars was more affordable though, so I went with that.

:thumb:
Mars 11 hydro got the veg and bloom switches. As far as i know.

Hi dude

gonna check out your journal right now! seems like you got a very similar setup to what I want :) Hows the autos going so far? and may I ask what strains your growing?

Last question - Do you think having the separate veg/bloom setting is necessary/ any more effective?

:blunt:
It makes life simple.

Autoflowering Bubble Kush grown under Mars2 700 in a 80x80cm tent...
420-magazine-mobile1929280644.jpg
Frickin awesome!!!! Go mars 11.
Look great Austin

Back
Top Bottom