Help with Northern Lights

ITheNorth

I have an issue with my Northern Lights girl. These pics are 5-6 weeks into flower, indoor, 1000W LED 24" above and 5 gal soil. I thought maybe a cal/mag deficiency but have been feeding her that for about 10 days now and seems to be getting worse. Weird some of the leaves are twisting too and I do rotate her so no fans blowing in the same spot all the time.
Any help appreciated.

Attachments

• 20201106_193611.jpg
    20201106_193611.jpg
    996.4 KB · Views: 49
  • 20201106_193435.jpg
    20201106_193435.jpg
    617.9 KB · Views: 41
  • 20201106_193554.jpg
    20201106_193554.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 44
I added some last night .
When you spoke of ph earlier, you meant ph of the water or soil. Water is around 6.8 and soil is 5.0

For this girl I used miracle grow. I know...I know but that's all I could get my hands on at the time. Have since switched to "Kryptonite" for my Blueberry.
I have been using 3 part nutes as well but probably not consistent enough.

Can you tell us which nutrients you are using? Also, when you say the the water's pH is at 6.8, is that before or after you add the nutrients?

I would usually run 3 part synthetic nutrients at ~5.8 pH, so if you're up at 6.8 that could be the problem.
I use Future Harvest 3 part Micro-Grow-Bloom. Feed every 4-5 watering. Ph to 6.3 "after" adding nutes. Straight non-ph'd rain water when using just water

I use Future Harvest 3 part Micro-Grow-Bloom. Feed every 4-5 watering. Ph to 6.3 "after" adding nutes. Straight non-ph'd rain water when using just water
I think I see the problem. When you're growing in a container using liquid nutrients you need to use the nutrients with EVERY watering. Plants outside / in big containers have bigger reserves of nutrients in the soil, so they can be fertilized every once in a while. Cannabis is a really hungry plant though, so it will eat through everything you give it with each watering.

Your choice of nutrients seems good though, so if you use them with each watering the plants should bounce back pretty fast.

Try some epsoms and watch the new growth.
Doing as we speak. Thank you
I think I see the problem. When you're growing in a container using liquid nutrients you need to use the nutrients with EVERY watering. Plants outside / in big containers have bigger reserves of nutrients in the soil, so they can be fertilized every once in a while. Cannabis is a really hungry plant though, so it will eat through everything you give it with each watering.

Your choice of nutrients seems good though, so if you use them with each watering the plants should bounce back pretty fast.
I will try that. My 1st indoor grow and its a learner..lol
Thank you

I have an issue with my Northern Lights girl. These pics are 5-6 weeks into flower, indoor, 1000W LED 24" above and 5 gal soil. I thought maybe a cal/mag deficiency but have been feeding her that for about 10 days now and seems to be getting worse. Weird some of the leaves are twisting too and I do rotate her so no fans blowing in the same spot all the time.
Any help appreciated.
Listen to PW :thumb:
For this girl I used miracle grow. I know...I know but that's all I could get my hands on at the time. Have since switched to "Kryptonite" for my Blueberry.
I have been using 3 part nutes as well but probably not consistent enough.
I grew in Miracle Grow for years with no problems :popcorn:
Can you tell us which nutrients you are using? Also, when you say the the water's pH is at 6.8, is that before or after you add the nutrients?

I would usually run 3 part synthetic nutrients at ~5.8 pH, so if you're up at 6.8 that could be the problem.
5.8 PH is for coco or soiless mediums, he's in soil so 6.3 to 6.8 PH for soil
Nutrient_Chart2.gif

NOOOOOO!!!! DO NOT feed every time...you will over feed and kill your plant...the leaves will get crunchy and it WILL die before your eyes...
...I use Mega Crop now instead of "liquid" fertilizers and I still don't feed every time, even though the MC calls for it................
Some strains, including NL, will drain the leaves in flower, so it's nothing to worry about, just do as PW said and give her a table spoon per gallon and give her 2 to 3 days, she'll come back :thumb:

Listen to PW :thumb:

I grew in Miracle Grow for years with no problems :popcorn:

5.8 PH is for coco or soiless mediums, he's in soil so 6.3 to 6.8 PH for soil
Nutrient_Chart2.gif

NOOOOOO!!!! DO NOT feed every time...you will over feed and kill your plant...the leaves will get crunchy and it WILL die before your eyes...
...I use Mega Crop now instead of "liquid" fertilizers and I still don't feed every time, even though the MC calls for it................
Some strains, including NL, will drain the leaves in flower, so it's nothing to worry about, just do as PW said and give her a table spoon per gallon and give her 2 to 3 days, she'll come back :thumb:
Kinda what I was thinkin on that too. I just gave her a feed of Ca/Mg and some epsom salts. I'll leave her alone for now..

Kinda what I was thinkin on that too. I just gave her a feed of Ca/Mg and some epsom salts. I'll leave her alone for now..
You do know that Epsom Salts are the mag in cal-mag right :hmmmm: you don't want to over do it :passitleft:

On some of my strains, the leaves get yellow as all get out...but they're healthy, so don't worry too much if "some" leaves turn colors :rofl::rofl: here's a healthy plant with just about every leaf turning yellow :slide:

The big thing with Cal/Mag is the ratio. You want 2:1 calcium to Magnesium. Remember also that OG, Chems and Diesels gobble up Calmag like it’s starved.
Good to know. Will keep an eye out for this on my gorilla glue and OG Kush. :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom