Help with strain selection

THC's effects on the body change from person to person. Paranoia is a real side effect from Marijuana and it is something that should at least be considered when picking a strain.
Some good strains have been mentioned. Here are my thoughts on the subject. While everyone wants to grow the strongest weed ever. It is best to start with some thing that grows easy. Lots of those out there. Any strain that says good for beginners is a good choice. No need to short yourself either as there are lots of easy to grow strains that are powerfull too.
No "paranoia" leaves out pure sativa and mostly sativa. While only a few of these will be bad. Better not to risk it starting out. Go with a good hybrid in the 60/40 range either way and you should be fine. Here are some easy to grow strains.
Exodus Cheese.
Northern Lights
Skunk #1
A successful first grow will do wonders. Giving you the confidence to try bigger and better things.

^^ That is some good advice and those are good strains for starting out. The paranoia is a real concern. I got it when I started back up after not doing it for 25 years. It eventually subsided but growing the stuff in a non legal state fuels paranoia. LOL I actually love the cheese that I grew and I am a sativa leaning person. Skunk #1 is a close relative.

Cheese is supposed to just be a pheno of Shunk #1. Probably why they do so well for beginners. Both great genetics that are different enough you could grow them both and still have variety.

If you go with a 1:1 cbd Sativa dominate strain meaning equil ratio of cbd and thc you must harvest early to keep those similiar ratios. If you harvest later (amber trichromes). The cbd will lower a little and the thc May increase a smidgen.

The cbd is pretty well know to fight the paranoia effect.

I’d try something around 8-10% cbd/thc. And let it mature a little past milky white. You will get all the health benefits of the cbd and a buzz

As with all strains. CBD strains are getting better every day. Thing is it is just another factor that can vary. That 1:1 strain is only going to have a percentage of 1:1 plants. Others may have more or less CBD or THC.
Harvest time will defiantly be a factor when it comes to effects. Each strain will have its own harvest window. The only factor that is 100% is THC starts degrading once amber trichomes start to appear. Early harvest time can give strains a more heady type high. Early harvest time can also adversely effect terepene levels and quality of high. Some strains need long finish times to be right.
THCV is the one thing that really mellows the paranoia in the high THC sativas. CBD strains will have that factor in them because they are rarely high in THC. CBD also has a relaxing effect to it. They say the feelings CBD are not felt. The main reason it is legal when THC is not.
Formerballer. I am not try to bash you in anyway. Sorry if it seems that way. I just wanted to clear things up. These are only my opinions. Other people will have different ones.
Bottom line is. It is the effect of THC, CBD, Terepenes levels and many more things that have a factor in how a strain effects people. Then they still effect each person differently.

Hi all, I'm new to growing my own and there are so many varieties to choose from. My question is what would be a choise for a happy up lifting, but something that won't make one too paranoid or nervous. Thanks.

Hi,

for what you desire, I would recommend Desfran, which is a Latin America variety. She is 100% Sativa and is available from Dutch Passion. I have never tried her myself, but as reported by others, she provides a very uplifting high and has won many cups down here in South America, and is highly sought-after. For a Sativa, she is very high yielding too. I plan on growing her as the first strain when I start up by the end of the year.

Back
Top Bottom