Least paranoid

Greenleaf910

Hi all, I'm new here so I hope I'm in the right place. I just started growing and I was wondering which strain or plant would make one happy without causing too much nervousness, or paranoia.

Paranoia during the actual growing: Low-odor strains, I suppose, such as Northern Lights (especially if you - for whatever reason - are not planning on using a good carbon filter setup on your grow room's exhaust run).

In terms of consumption of your harvest... Look for strains that have a lower percentage of sativa. Or, if you enjoy the mental aspects of a good sativa, go with strains which list lower percentages of THC, use words such as "mild," "pleasant," et cetera in their description, or both. I grew Dutch Passion's Strawberry Cough and found the experience of smoking it to be like that. I could use it all day without any issues (including worrying that other people would realize that I was smoking it :rolleyes: ). But people's experiences differ.

The two most important things to remember, IMHO, if one does happen to enjoy strong sativas are (1) Wait until the plant is ready for harvest before actually harvesting it!(!!!) and (2) Remember to tell yourself, if you start to feel a little anxious, "It's just a thing, and half of the reason I feel this way is because it is affecting my head. It is NOT making me nervous; rather, I am feeling nervous because of my lack of experience with all the other things." Or something like that, lol. I attribute such an attitude as being partially responsible for never once having a bad trip back when I <COUGH>used to go on vacation<COUGH> a lot. Doing a thing, and having that thing make our back hurt less (for example), well that's no problem. But doing a thing that ends up expanding our mind, waking us up, getting us motivated, giving us a cubic mile of extra energy, well... Sometimes it is instinctual to become apprehensive. But knowing this - and sometimes people need to remember to remind themselves - is worth a lot.

Also... Setting matters. You have a "pleasant" place? You'll enjoy your buzz far more there than waiting in court for your name to be called, LMAO. Do you have a favorite music that can always brighten your mood, at least a little bit, when you're feeling down? (Personally, I recommend the Canadian rock group Triumph.) People also matter. Your initial cannabis experiences - depending on your specific personality type / et cetera, of course - will likely be more positive if you can share them with other people instead of whilst sitting home alone. And the type of people matter, too, lol. You don't want to be with a bunch of jokers who get off on f**king with others. However, an afternoon of spending time with and then making love to a beautiful woman (modify statement as required, I suppose) in a pleasant glade complete with burbling brook. . . .

I can relate to exactly what your saying, I too have gone on those vacation many times too. But I just remember when I was much younger(I'm 54 now) there were times smoking when everything was so perfect as far as the feeling I got from the weed, but back then you smoked what ever was selling and who knows what the strain was. I'll just have to experiment and see what works and stick with it. I really appreciate all the input I got from all the people that chimed in.

from all the people that chimed in.

It has been less than twelve hours, lol. This isn't a late-night ShamWow commercial - operators are NOT standing by to take your call. I'll admit that I am a little surprised that you only got one answer. Then, again, you posted in the Crop King Seeds section (I just realized that), so people who have had no experience with those specific strains might not have had much to offer you by way of advice. Even mine was basically just some generalities.

But, speaking of CKS strains... I grew on of their Train Wreck Auto a while back. I found it to be pretty mild - and had zero feelings of anxiety, nervousness, or (added ;) ) paranoia from smoking it. I only smoked one bowl by myself and a partial bowl with a friend, though, because he had just learned of even more health issues so I gave the yield from that and the other plant that I was growing (another auto) to him. But they were fairly good-sized bowls, lol (it's a glass spoon that I can stick my thumb in up to the first joint and kind of wiggle it around a little bit because it's bigger in diameter than my thumb).

I just remembered that CKS has a downloadable catalog (it's a .PDF file, so you can view it online, too). And I am almost positive that there is a chart showing the expected THC (and CBD, elsewhere in it) percentages for their strains. And, of course, it'll have their strains' descriptions. You might wish to choose one or more strains from the lower end of the THC chart, along with one of a higher THC percentage. That will give you more options. You might want to pack a bowl with the more potent stuff when you are going to be away from home so that you can have the ability to toke only one (or two) hits at a time, then have another later to maintain your desired level of effect. But you'll have the lower-strength one(s) for when you want to sit down, relax, and watch a movie whilst smoking a joint, etc. Or if you decide to do a little cooking with your harvest, you would probably be best served by using the lower-potency strains (at least at first) because the buzz would probably hit you differently (and last a lot longer, lol) via that method of consumption.

They are a forum sponsor, so I'll add a live link to their catalog:
Buy Autoflowering and Feminized Marijuana Seeds | Crop King Seeds

I recommend amnesia haze, from crop king. I have grown 7 of these girls and love the flavors and the effects. I have not had any negative side effects, other than cotton mouth. The thc is on the lower end for sativas.
I am not sure about indicas because I only like the sativas strain. But what tortured soul said is so very true. Great advise.

TourturedSoul,Diggler420,andBigBearnTexas thanks so much. I've been writing down the strains you all mention, so I'll have some to try out. As far as the 1:1 THC/CBD, that is something that I was also thinking about trying. I've got some medical issues including PTSD from the service so that may be a winner. I just want some happy relaxed tellings and thoughts. I live by myself so I just want to spark up in front of the tube and munch out (happily).

What’s your grow set up look like? That can help determine what strain may work too. I have a small tent, so I’m growing autos and keep them short.
I just starter to grow. I havnt got a tent yet, but I plan too. Right now its in a large closet, I growing 2 autos, one is Bubble Gum and the other is Blueberry. I'm growing in Fox Farms Ocean Forest, using their trio fertilizers, and the light is a Vibraspectra reflector series 400 ( actual 220watts ).

I just starter to grow. I havnt got a tent yet, but I plan too. Right now its in a large closet, I growing 2 autos, one is Bubble Gum and the other is Blueberry. I'm growing in Fox Farms Ocean Forest, using their trio fertilizers, and the light is a Vibraspectra reflector series 400 ( actual 220watts ).
I just bought another led. Its a Holland Farms (actual 250watts) so I'll have 2 LEDs for the plants

Lots of great suggestions for you to choose from. You never mention wanting a sativa so you have lots of choices. The berry flavored indica's are great for relaxation with out any of the bad side effects you mentioned. For smile and happy Exodus Cheese is a great choice. Any strain that tests from 18 to 20% and still have a huge following says a lot. The stuff they call collage kid weed fits the same mold. They wouldn't be smoking it if it wasn't fun to party on.

Lots of great suggestions for you to choose from. You never mention wanting a sativa so you have lots of choices. The berry flavored indica's are great for relaxation with out any of the bad side effects you mentioned. For smile and happy Exodus Cheese is a great choice. Any strain that tests from 18 to 20% and still have a huge following says a lot. The stuff they call collage kid weed fits the same mold. They wouldn't be smoking it if it wasn't fun to party on.
Thanks Jackalope, I appreciate the info. The reason I didn't mention a Sativa is only because I don't know enough yet about how the strains are going to affect me, and the the seeds I bought so far are all an Indica dominant I think due to them being autos. One package of beans I almost forgot about are the Big Bud Auto, I don't remember the dominance of that strain, I'll have to check. Right now I've got one Bubble Gum auto, and one Blueberry auto growing. I really don't have room for more than two at a time . I'm happy though, they are 7 days old and seem to be doing well.

You should be happy. I don't know about the Auto's but those strains have been around for years. Mostly because they are enjoyable to smoke. The Big Bud should be a little more Sativa dominate in the high. Not sure about the strain you have but Big Bud should be in the 60% sativa range.

In 35 years of smoking, the strains I've found that make me the least paranoid- well actually not paranoid at all, are all pure sativas. Zero paranoia. No real downside that I can think of at all to be honest.
My current fave is a Thai leaning version of Golden Tiger. Thai bud in general is a really happy and uplifting high.
Some of the sativas can give a bit of a 'busy' and restless feeling if you oversmoke. To me that's not the same as paranoia - but it does make it hard to relax. Malawi and Jamaican are like that.
The South/Central American strains I've smoked were good but a bit more of an indica feel. I haven't smoked Jamaican in a long time but the stuff we got in the 80's certainly was speedy.
Malawi was my favorite for a long time till I found the GT. For a high they both give a happy candy-coated psychedelic glow- more than a hint of acid and E in it, yet at the same time I feel like my mind is all there and I can multi-task great and socialize just great. With the Malawi I just can't smoke much of it or I want to multitask too fast and too much...GT is much more laid back- at least the Thai cross I have.
Clear, happy, trippy, confident, positive... that's a good sativa high to me.

I know lots of people that can smoke killer indica all day and function just perfectly. And I know a few others that spend their days in a stupor- too stoned to function.
Indicas, generally speaking, give me; crazy irrational fear -aka paranoia, red eyes, forgetfulness and repetitive thoughts, bad social anxiety, munchies, and a foggy hangover the next day. All counterproductive in my life and not great for the self esteem.

'Hmmm where did I leave my pipe... ?'
OMG! Where did I leave my pipe laying out ?!!!'
'What an idiot..'

-20 minutes of buzzing in panicky circles everywhere and getting completely distracted and confused-

'Shit what was I looking for again?
'Maybe I should smoke more'
'Hmmm I wonder where I put my pipe?'
'Shit!!!!!
I need to find that before the wrong person does!'

Repeat cycle

'I'm hungry'

-repeat-

Etc

been there done that ;)

I was also going to mention- from your comment in your second post about how you liked it when you were a kid.
When I started smoking in the 80's in BC I got only imported sativas -mostly Thai. I loved smoking.
We got a bit of Hawaiian bud and that was pretty good. Then people started raving about 'skunk' and the indicas started arriving. When I smoked that stuff I felt like crap. When the indicas took over the market in N America my whole pot smoking experience went for shit. Paranoia was a constant thing.
It wasn't till much later that I figured out what even happened- and what a sativa high is like vs an indica high. Started growing sativas and now I can smoke happily again.

Back
Top Bottom