Hempy Help Needed ASAP - Pics!

Mr. Krip

Product Reviewer
420 Staff
Hi all & thanks for any/all help you can provide on this:

I received four well-rooted plants this past Friday night. They all looked like they had some nute burn and all were in either pre-flower or flower. I gave them all a flush and put two in waterfarms and two in hempys with nutes PPM'd to 400 and PH around 5.8 (I now understand this may be low for hempys).

Three of the girls are doing fine but the 4th that's in a hempy has started drooping severely over the last few days.

Here she is on Sunday not looking too bad:

hempy12.jpg

Here she is yesterday before I did the flush:

2011-01-24_RH2_01.jpg

And here she is today looking horrible:

2011-01-25_HELP_01.jpg

By looking at the plant, it looks like she's being overwatered, but I didn't think that was possible with Hempys, so I gave her another flush last night with 150ppm nute solution.

Temps are running about 75*-80*F and RH is at 50%.

She did come rooted in a 4"+ rockwool cube, so maybe it's the cube that's waterlogged?

Please, can anyone with hempy experience tell me what steps I should take here?

Much Thanks!

Well, to me it looks like that plant is dying. It shows so many signs of different problems I wouldn't know where to begin to fix it. Transport?, possible root damage?, Nute problems? Alot of issues... you could try to nurse it back to health but where to start is the problem. I would cut a few clones from the new growth and let that poor plant die lol.
Sorry, I wish I had better advice but I don't ... maybe others do?

Jonny

Can't really comment on cannabis, as I am currently a couple of days into the seedling stage on my first plant. But if you moved it while it was cold it could possibly be in shock from the move in cold weather. possible at least when added to the nute burn and possible ph problems weakening it.

UPDATE: I just mixed a one gallon flush solution with 2 tsp. of 3% H2O2, 6ml of hygrozyme, and 1 drop of Superthrive. PH'd the solution at 6.06. Poured about 1 qt. of this directly over the cube and very base of the plant until there was steady run-off, then put a plastic bag over the top and back in veg chamber. I'll update later today when/if I see any changes but ANYONE who may have ANY suggestions on how to save her, I am wide open!

U may be on to somethin. Her root system may not be very well established for the size of the plant. In this instance I was gonna suggest uppeing HER relative humidity. It seems as if u anticipated the same thing. Be careful to closely monitior the temps beneath the plastic allowing for some fressh air to enter. Ahope u have a fan goin for air circulation in that room as well. Keep us poted on her progress. Keep in mind this is just what i 'm suggesting its not necessarily gospel. I've dealt with that kinda droop befrore from transplanting cuttings too soon. When placed beneathh a humidity dome for approx a week the plants did ok. Some remained stunted tho others took a while to catch up. Hope this helps, :peace:

BWC...thanks for the help. You are correct it was a root issue. I wasn't getting much help on this thread, but you can see the full report in my current journal. When I was given the plants, it appears that most of the roots were cut away when they removed the rockwool cube from a slab they were rooted in. Working on stimulating some root growth now.

When I get pic#3 I give up an throw out. No matter what I do she doesn't want to come back an worse of all contaminates the others around her. Besides pests this desease is seems detrimental. Bummer, got to be a root issue.

Back
Top Bottom