Sick looking plants

if you're gonna run a bucket that large with coco, get cloth bags, re-pot, and go forward as a straight coco grow. the plants will do much better. otherwise drill more holes, including the bottom, and run it as a hard sided coco grow. from that point on you are on daily feeds.

Is there any way to keep going without transplanting them again into fabric or some other form of pot. If that's what it needs then I will do this but won't be able tondo it until I can order smaller buckets or fabric pots as the local hydroponic shop near me is closed due to there being a lockdown so have to do with what I have at the moment.

you can use these as they are. it just won't be as easy of a grow. plus you're gonna use and pay for piles more nutes than you would otherwise, just to get the feeding amounts right.

i bought buckets from the dollar store. they were a dollar lol. most folk doing bigger hempy grows use washroom wastebaskets. that's what i use for my 'bigger' hempys. super cheap. about 5L. available all day long.

hempy is about avoiding the big costs associated with a hydro shop. i buy nothing from an actual hydro shop.

click on the link and check my journal out. first line in the sig. you can ask any hempy questions there too if you like.

the original hempy method is for 2L pop bottles. it's about using what is cheap and available.

the bigger buckets started coming in to play as growers realized they could grow gigantic plants in small containers. they started trying to push it further and further.

20L buckets are insane overkill for an indoor hempy size. the plants will be far happier and mature sooner in a smaller bucket.. i dunno where you got 20L recommended but they are clearly out to lunch. it will take a half year to veg them in that size. lol

It's everywhere I've read folk using 5 gallon hempy buckets. 20L is around 4 1/2 gallons. At least going by imperial conversion.

Again I'm a new grower and went with what I have read up on. Folk using hempys with coco, perlite or perlite and vermiculite some smaller pots, others in 5 gallon..

outdoor hempys can get to 20L. you'd need a greenhouse to support one indoor.

you can use these as they are. it just won't be as easy of a grow. plus you're gonna use and pay for piles more nutes than you would otherwise, just to get the feeding amounts right.

i bought buckets from the dollar store. they were a dollar lol. most folk doing bigger hempy grows use washroom wastebaskets. that's what i use for my 'bigger' hempys. super cheap. about 5L. available all day long.

hempy is about avoiding the big costs associated with a hydro shop. i buy nothing from an actual hydro shop.
I could always order new buckets or pots online but would have to wait until they get delivered. I would preferably prefer to stick to hempy as apposed to changing back to fabric.

I have plenty nutrients there at the moment at least with the Canna nutes, have 5 litres of both but changed from the canna A and B to the adv pH perfect nutrients which are quite expensive and only have 1L of the grow, bloom and micro.

I decided to go with hempy not due to cost but with being away most of the day with work and not being able to feed the plants during this time.

What if I put the plants into a container for an hour or so and empty half of whats in the hempys and cut them down to essentially half the size before then transplanting the girls back into the buckets. Would this stress the plants too much with them being auto's.

oh auto's ... leave them. don't move them again. autos can be super hard for a first grow. autos are touchy even for experienced growers. let them stay in those pots and flower when they want.

if you make a mistake with photos you can generally buy enough time to sort them. autos don't have the leeway and are a harder grow for new folk as a result. autos don't like to allow for mistakes.

if they get as big as what the bucket will let them ... start shopping for another tent or three lol .. it'll be a nice harvest, you can grow some big auto hempy's in a bucket that size.

oh auto's ... leave them. don't move them again. autos can be super hard for a first grow. autos are touchy even for experienced growers. let them stay in those pots and flower when they want.

if you make a mistake with photos you can generally buy enough time to sort them. autos don't have the leeway and are a harder grow for new folk as a result. autos don't like to allow for mistakes.

if they get as big as what the bucket will let them ... start shopping for another tent or three lol .. it'll be a nice harvest, you can grow some big auto hempy's in a bucket that size.

Thanks, I'll leave them in the buckets until harvest if they make it that far. Hopefully they recover. Yea I understand that autos don't recover from stress as well as photos due to their life cycle being automatic and can be kept in veg. Again I never realised this until after I went and bought auto seeds.

I have photo's for the next grow
1x barneys farm - cookie's kush and 3x paradise seeds - nebula.

don't worry they'll make it. we'll give you a hand. start a grow journal as well if you have not.

here's a linky on how to do it and what to include.
great stuff on grow journals too .. :p

keep the journal updated when you can. you can get general questions and stuff answered right in the journal. if you have trouble or a serious issue arise you can post in the faq as well.

you get more eyes on stuff in a journal usually. make sure to check other journals out running similar grow methods. you can pick up stuff and absorb a lot of info. don't be afraid to comment or say hi in other journals.

i'm guessing you are female due to the avatar. there is a great group group of very accomplished and friendly girl growers here as well. i'll call a few in so you can say hi. unless i'm off base then sorry lol :cheesygrinsmiley:

here's a linky on how to do it and what to include.
great stuff on grow journals too .. :p

keep the journal updated when you can. you can get general questions and stuff answered right in the journal. if you have trouble or a serious issue arise you can post in the faq as well.

you get more eyes on stuff in a journal usually. make sure to check other journals out running similar grow methods. you can pick up stuff and absorb a lot of info. don't be afraid to comment or say hi in other journals.

i'm guessing you are female due to the avatar. there is a great group group of very accomplished and friendly girl growers here as well. i'll call a few in so you can say hi. unless i'm off base then sorry lol :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks for the information.

Started a thread for a journal but haven't posted it yet as having to add bits here and there due to being at work just now so doing this while I've got a few minutes spare here and there.

I'm male buddy :laughtwo:

might wanna reconsider the avatar ..

i don't really mind so much.. you'll have to find the girls on yer own though ... :laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom