Leaf boating

So, I'm quite familiar with the boating of leaves caused by overwater. I've seen it many time in my soil grows.
Recently, I've switched to 3 gallon hempy buckets using perlite as the medium.
I'm flowering a Critical+ in the hempy buckets that's showing a lot of boated leaves.
I'm a bit confused actually. I was under the impression that you couldn't overwater hempy buckets.
I've been watering them daily until water comes out the hole.
I did try skipping a day of watering. It didn't seem to make much difference.

Questions:

Is it possible to overwater hempies?
Can boated leaves recover?

Over watering is a root zone issue. Even with fabric grow bags, you can over water your plants if the pot sits in the drainage pool. When the roots are thriving, the plant will start thriving. Leaves begin to will look healthier, while sicker leaves will eventually shed, balanced by new growth.

Can you post a picture of your set-up?

got a picture?Tead

I grow in water and the only time i get them is from heat,either my room gets to warm,or they get to close to lights.in my soil over/under watering looks the same,leaves drooping to the floor.

I grow in water and the only time i get them is from heat

You know... this has been happening for a while. Up until the last 2 or 3 days, my weather had been in the 80's with my AC keeping the grow area around 80, but the fluctuating temperatures had caused a couple of occasions where the temps went up to about 86.
It doesn't seem to have got worse since the temps have dropped.
I'll bet I let it get a bit too hot in the grow area at some point.

FlowerArea3.jpg
Crit_141_LeafCurl2.jpg
Crit_141_LeafCurl1.jpg

how often is that little fan going??I know that close,those little fans are kicking that girls ass

I cannot tell from the pictures(color)but i think you have some deficiencies happening.
and I hate to ask ,but do you have ANY pests??

how is the ph? have you ever tipped the bucket and got a sample of what is sitting in the bottom of the hempy??

No bugs. I do a weekly neem spray that really works for me.
Some minor deficiencies... but that's caused by my odd feeding pattern. I'm using odd nutes and working their PPMs up to discover the proper feeding rates... so they've probably been a bit under-nuted. There is a minor reddish stripe down some of the older stems reflecting deficiencies earlier in their feeding schedule.
I've been feeding them daily and running off quite a bit to waste. There is some ph drift from the initial 5.7, but it usually doesn't go above 6. I have screwed that up a time or two and I believe this plant is pretty sensitive to such issues, so I have a couple of sideways curled leaves.... but I'm pretty certain it's ph related.
The fan runs 24/7. I've seen a few instances of leaves brushing one another and causing minor rub marking... but nothing to worry about. I usually have very high humidity, so I keep it going all the time.
Overall I'm extremely happy with her. Hempy appears to be a hydro method that can work for me and hydro is so much quicker.

Here's a photo with just a flouro turned on. You can see the nicely colored leaves and a sharp eye might see a bit of red on a leaf stem.
Flouro.jpg

thanks man,lol way easier for these old eyes to see.

only reason i mentioned the little fan,I have a couple of similar ones,when ever they sit that close to the plants,I have issues,that fan is kind of like wind burn.

man o man,im glad this is my time of year,humidity is gone.

Back
Top Bottom